Will & Grace Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Summary of finale from those who went to the taping

TVFreakGirl

[1]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 4
    Here is a brief summary of the finale, according to people who went to the actual taping. The final scene is not available, as it was closed to everyone but crew and special guests.

Read at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The second-to-last episode involves Will breaking up with Vince to keep his promise to Grace about helping raise her child, and Grace finding out that Leo's engagement has been called off and he is currently living alone in Rome. The finale opens with that dream sequence spoiler we got previously. This is Grace's dream. When she wakes up, it makes her realize her life needs to change, so she decides to go to Rome to tell Leo she's carrying his child and attempt to reunite with him. Will is pissed because he broke up with his boyfriend for her, but Grace is willing to back out of raising the kid with Will if it means Leo will take her back. They get in a big fight and Grace takes off for Leo.

Cut to two years later. Will has gotten back together with Vince and they have adopted a boy, Ben. Grace remarried Leo and they had a girl, Lila. However, neither of them has spoken to each other since Grace left Will. Jack and Karen attempt to reunite them by devising a plan for them to accidentally bump into each other. It works, Will and Grace make up, and they all have a get-together, catching up in Will's apartment. Both Will and Grace are amazed at how different the other seems. When the night ends, they promise to keep in touch, but deep down they don't mean it. They've drifted apart and their lives are fuller now.

Meanwhile, Karen finds out that she has gone broke since divorcing Stan and is devastated, while Beverly Leslie offers Jack a job as his new "business partner." Jack refuses to accept, until Karen reminds him that she spent years supporting him, now it's his turn to support her by taking the high-paying job. Jack becomes the sole beneficiary of Beverly's millions, but is very unhappy.

Cut to twenty years later. Will and Grace have barely spoken since meeting up again in Will's apartment, but their kids Ben and Lila end up attending the same college together. What ends up reuniting the two is when their kids end up marrying each other, so Will and Grace therefore end up spending the rest of their lives together as a family.

As for Jack and Karen, Beverly dies, leaving Jack to solely inherit all of his millions, and he and Karen move into Beverly's mansion together. The finale ends with a scene that mirrors the first scene of the pilot, with Will and Grace talking on the phone to each other. (This is not the actual last scene, but the last scene that was open to the audience; the final scene was closed to guests, as I mentioned above.)

Thoughts? I'm torn between "Perfect way to end!" and "Holy crap, why did they do this?!"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvfanatic184

[2]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 7
    Wow what an ending! I like the turn of events with Karen & Jack..he's rich now supporting K just as she has. Too bad they kill off Beverly though. I gotta say, I'm not surprised at all that W & G grow apart. That happens during life's crazy course. Same thing happened to me and my "grace". Last year, we briefly ran into each other, chatted a bit, exchanged numbers. We're in each other's lives again, though not as seriously as in the past.

Well, I for one love the ending and can't wait to see it!

Gracie_Bug

[3]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 6
    I'm torn too. It's kind of weird to have to imagine it (you know, like while you read it). Glad Jack and Karen end up good though.

Gracie_bug

Martini_D

[4]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    It's just life that W&G are appart...I mean it's weird the way that they were torn, but I think it's just why the show is ending in a way...Will and Grace are not longer together so there's no 'couple'. I mean I've been with my 'Grace' for almost 17 yrs now, but I know someday we will maybe be appart. Oh well, it's funny that Karen & Jack are together, hehe. Can't wait for The Finale !

willandgracefan

[5]Apr 18, 2006
    How long does this ep go for? Does the final ep go for 1 hour or like 30 min.

TVFreakGirl

[6]Apr 19, 2006
    It's an hour.

Tboy_Dragon1

[7]Apr 19, 2006
    • level: 9
    I dont believe it.
    there is to much year jumping.
    That is not how a serise should end.

sitcomfreak

[8]Apr 19, 2006
    • level: 18
    Agreed. Although NBC did not try to screw the show over, I think that Kohan & Mutchnick are very capable of giving a much less confusing, but terrific end to Will & Grace.

TVFreakGirl

[9]Apr 19, 2006
    Amen to that. But alas, 'tis what we will be seeing less than a month from now.

adjacawhan

[10]Apr 20, 2006
    • level: 2
    I wasn't expecting the show to end this way, it seems to sad.

willandgracefan

[11]Apr 20, 2006
    because the main characters do not have steady relationships or anything they can't end the episode like many other shows in present time.

also because grace has been pregnant for so long they want to end the show with grace and her baby and therefore need to show what will happen in years from now so that we can see the baby.

this will be the first show to ever do this in a finale. i mean, jump from year to year. it will be so new and exciting that maybe more shows will copy this and they'll all say "we're doing a will and grace ending" and will and grace will live on because it's doing a show firs.t

sitcomfreak

[12]Apr 21, 2006
    • level: 18
    That was odd. I beg to differ with you, because these characters have very steady relationships, with each other. They have been friends, for the past 8 years, how can you possibly even entertain the notion that they don't have steady relationships? However, as an aspiring writer I am 100% that there are other routes they could have taken to make it less confusing. There's different avenues you can take in every story you write. This is not another moon landing. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Edited on 04/20/2006 11:40pm
    Edited 3 total times.

TVFreakGirl

[13]Apr 21, 2006
    sitcomfreak wrote:
    That was odd. I beg to differ with you, because these characters have very steady relationships, with each other. They have been friends, for the past 8 years, how can you possibly even entertain the notion that they don't have steady relationships? However, as an aspiring writer I am 100% that there are other routes they could have taken to make it less confusing. There's different avenues you can take in every story you write. This is not another moon landing. Sorry to disappoint you.

I will have to agree. Maybe it'll look different once we actually see this story unfold on our TVs, but for right now I don't like that Will and Grace's happily ever after has to be an unhappily ever after from each other. Not good!

willandgracefan

[14]Apr 21, 2006
    when i said they don't have steady relationships i meant with other people like boyfriends.

they can't end the show with will and grace together and jack and karen together because it's not right. even though they have ended it sorta like that they can't do it as jack and karen being lovers. that is what i meant. most shows end with everyone getting a lover and being happy.

rerunsok

[15]May 5, 2006
    • level: 1

If this is indeed the ending, I kind of like it. It would be good karma for their children to meet, fall in love, marry and reunite the two. As for Jack taking care of Karen, whopee!

jm4847

[16]May 9, 2006
    • level: 5
    Sad that will & Grace are torn apart, I don't think they really had to do that, yeah friends split they grow apart that's just life blah blah blah.... Kind of selfish of Karen to ask Jack to be Beberly's "bussiness partner" just for his money, but whatever.
    I enjoyed this show (Not so much the final years), even though sometimes the humor was over the top but I'm glad it's over and I'm glad there was closure.
    And what's confusing about the ending? I think it was pretty simple.

Brunete20

[17]May 10, 2006
    • level: 63
    On "Oprah" this morning they had the cast on and showed an exclusive scene from the series finale.

MrsFuzzyBear

[18]May 10, 2006
    • level: 8
    I AM SO HAPPY.
    I LOVE LEO SOOO MCUH!
    THEY ARE MEANT TO BE!
    YESSSSSSSSS
    I don't like Vince, but, I DON'T CARE!
    YAY!

Brunete20

[19]May 11, 2006
    • level: 63
    Make sure you all have your boxes of kleenex for next weeks finale.

Martini_D

[20]May 11, 2006
    • level: 10

Brunete20 wrote:
    Make sure you all have your boxes of kleenex for next weeks finale.

You're so right !!! I mean I just finished watching The Final Goodbye for That 70's Show, and I'm not a big fan like W&G, and they were all crying, and I got tears in my eyes...I mean 8 years with the same ppl...you must get attached !

Edited on 05/11/2006 7:41pm