Will & Grace Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Submission Guidelines

pisceandreams

[1]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 40
    Grammar: I like people who write well. That said, I realize not everyone is as anal about grammar as I am, so I will cut anyone some slack and overlook a few typos or mistakes. If I find more than five, generally I will reject the submission. Use italics for the title of full-length films, televison shows, albums, plays, books, journals, and magazines. Use quotation marks for the title of episodes of a television show, songs, short stories, film shorts, one-act plays, and articles.

Rejections: I always give reasons for submission rejections, so if I tell you how to fix your submission then you are more than welcome to resubmit it. If I tell you that your submission is unacceptable under any circumstances, then please don't resubmit it as is, as I will reject it again for the same reason and I will not look too kindly on any of your future submissions.

Quotations: The speaker should be bold and followed by a colon " : ". The colon should not be in bold. Placing a speaker's name in all caps instead of bold is not acceptable formatting. Quotation marks are not necessary. The only time you have to use them is when there is a quotation within a quotation, and use single quotes 'x' as opposed to double quotes "x".

Will: What is the number one rule in the Will and Grace Rulebook?
    Grace: No white belts?
    Will: Incorrect, it's 'God help the sister that comes between me and my mister!'

Any supplementary notes for a quo
    tation should be italicized.

Will: (referring to Grace's exploding water bra) I haven't been with a woman in some time but I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do that!

Notes: This section is reserved for off-camera tidbits about an episode. They should contain off-camera events that deal with a show's production. They should not deal with on-camera events or trivia.

*This is the first episode written by show creators Max Mutchnick and David Kohan since the season 4 episode, "A Buncha White Chicks Sittin' Around Talkin'".
    *This episode originally aired as a one hour episode, though syndication will usually air them in two half hour episodes. NBC counts this as one episode, as they will with any one hour or "super-sized" episodes.
    *In the first draft of the script, Goldie Hawn was scheduled to appear, and the storyline with Grace's words being badly edited on air did not exist, and that story belonged to Goldie Hawn.

Trivia: This section is reserved for any on-screen trivia and information that isn't inherently known from watching the show.

*In this episode Will begins his new job as a lawyer for the Coalition for Justice.
    *The Zelman Gallery is named for Debra Messing's husband, Daniel Zelman.
    *Nicollete Sheridan, who appears in this episode, auditioned for the part of "Grace," but Debra Messing got the part.

Also, the trivia section is reserved for all goofs, and they should be labeled in bold and followed by a colon " : ".

Goof: Diane's wine glass goes from full to empty and then back to full again while she is sitting on the couch talking to Leo, and then Jack, and then back to Leo again.
    Goof: When Jack comes in the apartment, he has on a fake mole that mysteriously disappears after Will leaves.

Please note: Debates are to be carried out in the forum ONLY, and will not be acceptable as submissions under either Notes or Trivia.

Allusions
    : This section is reserved for episode titles, quotes, or actions that make reference to real life events, people, television shows, films, or music.

Episode Title: Last Ex to Brooklyn
    This is a clear reference to the 1989 film Last Exit To Brooklyn.
    ------------
    Jack: You're right! First he sees the Ring, and then we die!
    A reference to the 2002 film The Ring starring Naomi Watts.
    ------------
    Karen: ...we'll get you $1,000 closer to your snippety doo-dah day.

This is a reference to the song "Zippity Do Dah" from the 1946 Disney film Song Of The South which combined live-action with animation.
    Edited on 01/20/2008 6:29am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.