Will & Grace Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

W&G episode challenge (revised)

pisceandreams

[1]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 40

OK, here's an idea I got from another show's forum: once a week we select an episode of W&G to watch and then we come here to the forum to discuss any aspects of it that we want. I think this will be a great way to get this forum talking ABOUT W&G again, instead of just playing games all the time. (There's nothing wrong with games, but it seems that's all any of us have been doing recently.)

What do you guys think?

7 AUG 2008 - ...And the Horse He Rode in On (# 93) - Season 5

14 AUG 2008 - Hey La, Hey La, My Ex-Boyfriend's Back (# 38 ) - Season 2

21 AUG 2008 - William, Tell (# 6) - Season 1

28 AUG 2008 - It's a Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad World (#158 ) - Season 7

11 SEP 2008 - Will Works Out (#19) - Season 1

18 SEP 2008 - Rules of Engagement (#73) - Season 4

25 SEP 2008 - Whose Mom is it Anyway? (#26) - Season 2

Edited on 03/25/2009 8:54pm
    Edited 12 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xxsitcomsxx

[2]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 9
    I love it! Let's play!
    XxkissessxX

Matt_Purosky

[3]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 25

I remember we did this awhile back. And yeah, now that I have it all on my compy, it'll be a LOT easier. However, just like last time I'm still a little backlogged on my weekly shows, and I don't feel like watching a WAG "rerun" until I catch up on the new stuff, but... hey, this could be my perfect incentive to catch up quick! Here's my backlog:

- half an episode of Zatch Bell! (I'm watching it now, actually)
    - 3 (I think) episodes of Bakugan Battle Brawlers
    - 1 episode of Digimon: Digital Monsters
    - a few episodes (can't remember how many) of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (might just stop watching this altogether)

But, whatever. You guys can start without me, I mean it's not really a "spoiler" if I've seen it already lol. I'll catch up eventually. I just am feeling the urge to watch WAG again, and I'll watch it when I'm ready.

xxsitcomsxx

[4]Aug 1, 2008
    Edited on 08/01/2008 1:32pm

pisceandreams

[5]Aug 1, 2008
    Waiting for a few more peeps to want to partake in this before we begin.

Matt_Purosky

[6]Aug 1, 2008

Good, that'll give me some time to catch up. I just finished catching up on Zatch Bell!, and I only have one more Bakugan episode to catch up on. You know, I might just watch WAG before catching up on Code Geass even if I don't stop watching the show (Geass), because I'm not a MAJOR Code Geass fan, but I still like it.

I had seen what xxxsitcomsxxx had posted earlier, and was going to say I was going to watch it after Bakugan and Digimon, but I see we've got a little longer. But if you'd rather wait for more people, I don't mind waiting either. I'll just go watch Bakugan now.

Edited on 08/01/2008 2:32pm

pamhalpert

[7]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 14
    pisceandreams wrote:
    Waiting for a few more peeps to want to partake in this before we begin.

Great Idea! Let's do it.

WhiteMaelstrom

[8]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 7
    I'm up for this definitely. I have watched W&G for awhile now, and I never got the chance to discuss new episodes with anyone first time around so I think it's a great idea.

madison1314

[9]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 46
    I'm in. I also never got the chance to discuss new episodes because by the time I joined the series was over. Are we going to just pick our favorites or start at the beginning?

pamhalpert

[10]Aug 3, 2008
    pisceandreams wrote:

OK, here's an idea I got from another show's forum: once a week we select an episode of W&G to watch and then we come here to the forum to discuss any aspects of it that we want. I think this will be a great way to get this forum talking ABOUT W&G again, instead of just playing games all the time. (There's nothing wrong with games, but it seems that's all any of us have been doing recently.)

What do you guys think?

Did our fearless leader bail on us??

Matt_Purosky

[11]Aug 3, 2008
    Yeah, I think we have enough.

pisceandreams

[12]Aug 3, 2008

madison1314 wrote:
    Are we going to just pick our favorites or start at the beginning?

What do you guys think, should we go in order or pick eps randomly?

WhiteMaelstrom

[13]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    Personally I think randomly is a good idea. I think I'd get bored with going in order.

xxsitcomsxx

[14]Aug 3, 2008
    Yeh, just go completely randomly, then I can get a broad overview! TONS OF FUN!
    XxkissessxX

Matt_Purosky

[15]Aug 3, 2008

I vote randomly! I'd like to get a broad overview too! It could also help me with my videos...

pisceandreams

[16]Aug 4, 2008

OK, let's officially begin. In honor of our beloved show's former home on NBC's Must-See TV Thursday night lineup, let's pick new episodes on Thursday. For this first one, we'll have a little more than a week to discuss since we're starting this on a Monday. I'll keep track of the eps and the dates they're picked in the first message.

As previously suggested, we will begin with "...And the Horse He Rode in On". Watch this episode and come back here to discuss any aspects of it that you'd like.

Matt_Purosky

[17]Aug 4, 2008
    All right! Just let me catch up on Pokémon, Zatch Bell!, and Blue Dragon (just one episode of each), but like I said, don't wait for me. Just start without me. I'll join you guys when I'm ready. Gonna go watch Pokémon now. Cya!

Matt_Purosky

[18]Aug 5, 2008

Wow, I'm actually the first one here.

I just finished watching the episode... this is actually my first time watching a full episode of Will & Grace in about a year. So this is where "Horse Guy" was introduced...

"Did you see the guy who attacked me?" "Yeah. He was about 12'5", 500 pounds. Big bulb on the top of his head."

"Is that her office?" "No, Benny's Taco on East 74th.Where the hell is she? I'm really getting worried here."

"...let's face it, Stanley Walker may not be a handsome man and he may not be a charming man..." *pause* "That's it."

Even though I don't really like "Horse Guy" (I'm just gonna call him "Horse Guy" from now on, lol) this was a good episode. I might actually make a GracexLeo video because I have a good song.

pamhalpert

[19]Aug 5, 2008
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

I just finished watching the episode... this is actually my first time watching a full episode of Will & Grace in about a year. So this is where "Horse Guy" was introduced...

"Did you see the guy who attacked me?" "Yeah. He was about 12'5", 500 pounds. Big bulb on the top of his head."

"Is that her office?" "No, Benny's Taco on East 74th.Where the hell is she? I'm really getting worried here."

"...let's face it, Stanley Walker may not be a handsome man and he may not be a charming man..." *pause* "That's it."

Even though I don't really like "Horse Guy" (I'm just gonna call him "Horse Guy" from now on, lol) this was a good episode. I might actually make a GracexLeo video because I have a good song.

I don't understand why alot of people don't like Harry Connick Jr's character. I thought he posessed a great dry humor, which is hard to pull off.

xxsitcomsxx

[20]Aug 6, 2008
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

I don't understand why alot of people don't like Harry Connick Jr's character. I thought he posessed a great dry humor, which is hard to pull off.

I totally know what you mean, he was kinda funny, but he wasn't enough for Grace! And I really felt like in the end, she just settled for him coz she was preggers! Harsh but true!

Loved how this episode opens exactly where the last one ends. haven't finished watching yet! LOL
    XxkissessxX