Will & Grace

FYI: I Hurt, Too

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Sep 16, 2004 on NBC

• the episode with Jennifer Lopez comes back and Jack was her backup dancer

3.3
    Not the best episode. I agree with the critics when they panned this season and the writers saying they didn\'t have any stories left. I think this is really where the show started to loose steam. The jokes wasn\'t hilarious like they usually are, and the cast was just predictable. This is also the season where the ratings started to slide. In previous seasons, the ratings were in the tens of millions. When the show moved to Thurdays at 8:30, viewership went down. That might also might have to do with the show Joey doing so badly. This episode with Jennifer Lopez and the weren\'t that great and should just be forgotten. I feel bad for the cast for having to act in this episode.
  • Flat, bland, and, for the most part, manages to circumvent humor completely. Definitely not one of the best.

4.7
    This episode is necessary, but that doesn't make it good. Mostly, it is a response to the Season 6 finale -- primarily Leo's admitted infidelity. Grace deals with this by stealing his things -- a childish response for a woman of her age, which is mostly chosen for the humor but ends up coming off flat. Will contrasts her by being whiny and shallow. Unfortunately, Jack and Karen aren't that much funnier -- the Jennifer Lopez storyline with Karen's song is flimsy, uninteresting, and seems to be an excuse to give their characters some screentime. But they aren't at their best in this episode. None of them are.

Which isn't to say that this episode is without its moments -- one of Will & Grace's strengths as a sitcom, I think, is its ability to take serious situations seriously, however funny everything else may be. Infidelity is definitely a serious issue, and despite the humor in the stealing scenes -- when it comes down to it, and Leo and Grace actually have their standoff, it is a serious conversation as is befitting a serious situation. The end, It's funny, too, at times, the final dinner with Leo, Will, Grace, Jack, and Karen, while not flawless, is hilarious at times, and the kabbalah scene at the beginning is humorous as well, as most scenes are where Will plays the voice of reason to everyone else's measured insanity. FYI: I Hurt Too is weak for Will & Grace, but for quite a few other sitcoms, it could be counted as one of the genuinely funny episodes.
  • Jenny Lo

wow one of my fav episodes ever! but thats because im a huge jennifer lopez fan. i have to say the first episode she attended was funnier. but again she did a great job. i love that way she makes fun of herself. and she is so fun to watch. i guess the will & grace cast had a great time with her cos she was invited back.
    jennifer has a really funny side and she shows this again in will & grace. she is a great actress.
    really enjoyed this episode.
    too bad will & grace ended, it was such a funny serie