Will & Grace

Moveable Feast

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Nov 22, 2001 on NBC

• The Best of Will & Grace!

This episode boasts the best written opening tease in the shows history - a sequence of telephone conversations concerning the upcoming Thanksgiving Dinner plans. Jack and a drag queen, Jack and Will, Will and Grace, Karen and Grace. It is tightly edited and beautifully realized.

The show itself is broken into a series of vignettes featuring each of the main characters' families. Karen goes to visit Stan in prison and he wrecks her world by suggesting she sleep with other men while he's locked up. She then spends the balance of the episode working out the logistics of whether her morals (!?!) can allow this. The big four pick up Eliot and we meet Jack's step-father, played well by Beau Bridges. We visit Grace's oddball family, including Lainie Kazan and Debbie Reynolds as sisters! And then off to Connecticut to Will's parents - God Bless Blythe Danner!

Allowing a full hour for this madness was absolutely the correct step. I've watched these back to back now at least a dozen times and still marvel at the level of writing, directing and ensemble playing achieved.
  • I thought this episode was the best episode in the fourth season.

I just loved every second of every scene of this episode I thought is was too good to be true because it was so funny I just laughed till I cried when I saw this episode. I explain all of the parts I loved the best #1 Will, Karen, Jack, & Grace are at Jack's stepfather's place and Jack got so fed up that he came into the living room and said: "Ding!, Ding!, Ding!, Ding! Ding Ding!, and Jacks stepfather enters the room and Jack says: Ding Ding Ding Bell Bell Bell Ding Ding Bell Bell (ETC). And I have a lot of other favorite parts because I love this episode so much that I can't get into them all right now. I thought the storyline and storyboard were superbly wrote.
  • This is a double episode, aired in two nights.

The main characters, Will, Grace, Jack and Karen, are dealing with family issues in this episode.
    All four of them want to do their own thing this Thanksgiving, but they all have to visit their family for some reason. They agree to go to each family for exactly one hour. After their hour, they all have a lousy feeling and want to go back to solve it. Grace hates her mother for always singing “told you so, told you so”, and tells her that she cannot sing. Later she feels guilty for hurting her mother and goes back to talk to her.
    Will is upset because his mother chose his brother over him. He goes back to ask his mother why he is not her favourite son anymore. In jail, Stan tells Karen he wants her to see other men. After considering this for a while, even tried kissing the plumber, she comes to the conclusion that she loves Stan too much and goes back to tell him.
    Jack is jealous when his stepfather is being nice to his son Elliot. He feels like his father did not pay enough attention to him as a child and is still very angry about this. He goes back, they make some efforts to try to understand each other better.

Meanwhile Rosario is enjoying their turkey very much!
WE