Will & Grace

Partners 'n' Crime

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 04, 2006 on NBC

• Will does something without Grace, Grace falls apart. Jack ignores Karen, Karen gets mad. Both for the 30th time!

After such a promising start this season, Will & Grace has fed us to the wolves again.
    Let me start with the repetition. For the 30th time, Grace can't do anything without Will's full attention. Anytime he attempts to get a life, she pouts and becomes helpless. At what point will this character get a grip on, at the very least, pretending to be an adult. Then, when Jack ignores Karen, she becomes angry. Jack is so self-asorbed, he does this all the time. She knows better by now, but yet she still gets upset. Come on, Karen! You know how he's is. We've seen both plots so many times before they're becoming irritating.
    And then there's the issue of Will's relationships. Just a few weeks ago, the series was setting us up for a real relationship for Will. Heck, he was planning on James marrying Grace to stay in the country. But what did they do? The series dropped the storyline like a hot potato just to bring back an old boyfriend. Why the "fake-out" with James? Just to let us down again with another false lead? Why can't they stick with any relationship that seems promising, but can give us endless months of Grace with Woody Harrelson's schlub? To anyone thinking about writing or producing a show, let this series be a lesson on how NOT to treat your viewers.
  • Not the best, but not the worst.

I love Will and Grace, and although this was not their best episode, it certainly was not their worst. That honor belongs to the horrible guest appearance by Britney Spears earlier this season.
    I agree with the previous review that their antics are all plot devices we\'ve seen before, but hey, these are the neuroses we\'ve come to love over the years, and it\'s not unusual for a show to stick with what works.
    Grace\'s baby has provided plenty of opportunity for laughs (most notably Karen\'s desire to the her \"babydaddy\"), but as the finale nears, it almost seems like the writers are in a rush to tie up loose ends, and force their planned outcome for the end of the series, whether that will be Will and Grace raising the baby, Grace getting back together with Leo, or Will moving on with Vince without Grace.