Will & Grace

Say Goodnight Gracie

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 18, 2006 on NBC

• Words cannot describe how disappointed I was with this finale. What were the writers thinking? I wanted to see the fun, friendship and heartfelt goofiness of these people who I have come to love. I barely recognized these characters.

What was that? To summarize, it contained a bad dream sequence, time jumping ahead so much I just quit caring, a 22-year disconnect between the title characters, a senseless appearance by Kevin Bacon, a meaningless side story that ruined the characters of Jack and Karen (they went from being the fiery sparkplugs of the show to becoming monotoned companions, the death of beloved Beverly Leslie, an "I saw that coming a mile away" ending of marriage between Will & Grace's offspring; in short, it was just sad. Better storyline. Leo comes back and he and Grace marry. Meanwhile, Jack moves in with Will after Grace leaves (and Will breaks up with his partner). Karen is shown with her Stan, who is a hot "Blake Carrington-esque" mogul (and not at all the fat slob she has described all these years) hosting Grace's wedding in her manse. Will, Grace, Karen and Jack remember all of our favorite moments (in flashback) to "That's What Friends Are For". The show closes with Will saying "goodnite Gracie" as he sees her off for her honeymoon. They embrace, we shed a tear, the cast takes their bows, CURTAIN.