Will & Grace

The Definition of Marriage (1)

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Feb 09, 2006 on NBC

• If you DIDN'T see that coming, something's wrong.

4.2
    From the first minute Grace had to walk out of the wedding, I said she's pregnant. The signs were everywhere. Anybody who knows television could call that one before halfway through the show.

Now I haven't been keeping up lately, so my only question is if Leo is supposed to be the father, or are they going to do a who's the father run for the last few episodes, ending at it being Will -- d'oh, blind-sided again (note the sarcasm).

A bigger surprise would have been if Karen said she was pregnant too!

Then again, maybe I've been watching too much Nip/Tuck. Nothing beats the twists over there.
  • Do you see what I see?

7.9
    I may need a second opinion, but at the start of the Will and Grace episode "The Defination of Marriage" James (played by actor Taye Diggs) is seated in a coffee shope with Will and Grace planning the "greencard wedding". Diggs is reading a 'Person' magazine with the caption 'Love Endures' across the bottom and the woman on the cover seems to be Idena Menzel - Rent, Wicked. Diggs and Menzel are married in real life so this cleverly placed prop was clearly a little shout out to his beautiful and extreamly talented wife. Pretty sweet, don't cha think?
    -Phillip
  • Will & Grace is heading for the big finish...

I've been following / loving this show since the beginning (even during it's slightly less than stellar sixth season), and I must say things seem to be looking up for the final few episodes.

....spoiler

I have always wanted the series to end with Grace having a baby, but I kind of hoped it would be Will's....but judging from the 8th season so far, I guess it's Leo's. Which is a big freakin' SHAME since I thought the closure in "Love Is In The Airplane" was good for Grace and the show.

Leo and Grace getting back together would not be a good ending, as she has come to realize he'll always be the guy ' flying off somewhere, which is fine as long as she's not the one waiting at home'.

Oh well,

I'll be glued to the rest of the show nonetheless.
  • Grace's green card wedding to James.

It was another great episode. I mean, I tough the wedding at Will's appartment was a bit disapointing, but the episode itself was good, and funny. Poor Jack, trying to get Will's man, haha. He's sooo jealous. Will deserves it! It was amusing that everyone is jealous of Grace. What about Grace being pregnant ? Woaaah !!! Total surprise. I don't want it to be Leo's kid. Damn! Great episode, only that part...
  • Fine Episode at the beginning; but the last 2 words of the episodes made me.......speechless.

7.7
    OMG OMG OMG!!! I just finished watching the episode, so I haven't seen the conclusion to this episode yet, but I was working on the computer while this show was in the background. When I heard the words, "I'm not sick... i'm pregnant," I turned around, awestruck. Maybe if I was watching the episode with full attention I would of saw this coming, but I didn't. I must say that this episode is going to keep me waiting this entire week. I can not believe that I have to wait 7 days in order to see the conclusion to this episode!
  • A bittersweet episode with some touching moments, which sends us hurtling towards the series finale.

This was a fine and faintly sad episode which brought many beloved characters - Ellen, Joe, Larry and Bobbi - together, perhaps for the last time before the series ends; and, more importantly, it was an episode which established future directions for Will and Grace's lives.

Will finally has a worthy boyfriend; there is no better match than Taye Diggs. That Will always made do with neurotic or just plain strange partners (Vince) was an insult to his character. Intelligent and loving, he deserves someone as handsome, dignified and strong as James.

Grace was stunning in this episode. Despite the comedy-rich neuroses and grotesque quirks the writers have often given her, this wedding was her moment: she showed selflessness and devotion, and (for once) she was incredibly beautiful in her dress.

So Grace is pregnant. Of course, it was obvious from the moment she first felt sick, but the revelation was well-executed nonetheless. I disagree with other reviewers who state this re-opens the Grace/Leo storyline. He is undoubtedly the father, but what this cutting-edge show has demonstrated repeatedly over the years is that conventional families are not the only way: Grace was not meant to be with Leo - perhaps she's not meant to be with anyone. But now she has a child to love, a child that can complete her.

Karen and Jack had no B-plot to speak of this week, but their moments were funny and well-written. With Karen's admiration of Grace, and Jack's thinly-veiled protectiveness of Will, they even had some character development.

Just as this series is starting to regain the thoughtful and not-so-overstated tone it once held, it will soon be gone from our screens. But at least we can be thankful that it 'Will' bow out 'Grace'-fully. Oh dear, I made a funny.