Will & Grace

The Finale

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 18, 2006 on NBC

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• A really different end

It came to an really amazing end which set the whole show to the top of all comedy shows ever. Faith is the power which guided will and grace thourgh the whole relationship and they finally come together again - by faith. This and the turnaround in the relationship of jack and karen (now he is the one, who get/got the money) shows the a really big moral meaning of the show. By the way, the last scene in the bar, where all 4 came toghter is really nice made. To be honest I was a little bit suprised by the rough end without showing the set and the acters again, but thats comedy life.

All in all a really great show.
  • After 8 years, the ground breaking series ends. Will, Will & Grace raise Grace's child together, and will Jack & Karen find true happiness?

After season 6 ended, I stopped watching the series. The jokes just weren't as funny anymore, the storylines were weak and not well thought out, and it just seemed to be dying slowly and I couldn't bare to watch it. However, during the final 4 episodes of season 8 I begun to watch it again, and yet again, it was boring. However, I felt, that in a small way, the series finale kind of picked back up. Karen was her squeaky, alcohol loving, insulting self. Jack was back to being camp from season 1-6, whilst Will & Grace were back to being what made them as lovable in earlier seasons, same applies to Karen and Jack. I rated this episode pretty low due to the fact that Grace Adler designs was never seen and I would have maybe liked Grace leaving her work for maybe her daughter to take over in. After 8 years, we still never got to see Stan which I found pretty disappointing. There were no proper guest stars, as in Joe and Larry, Will & Grace's mothers amoung other supporting actors which made the show great. Also, the episode didn't really feel full circle, they never made many reffrences to past episode or stuff and it didn't feel right to me.

I did love the dream sequence, that was funny. I enjoyed Karen's moment with the alcohol bottle and her "Virginity!!" comment. The Beverly Leslie moments were really funny. Leo returning with a lovely moment, and Grace's daughter was just great. At first I didn't know what to think, when I heard the episode would take place in the future and I thought within time it's a bad idea, the episode deserved to end in our time, in 2006 not way, way way into the future. But when watching it, it was alright I suppose.

I loved how Will & Grace's children met, exactly how Will & Grace met themselves, and then that they were getting married. The end part with Grace and Will on the phone was very sweet and I remembered back to their phone convo in season 1. The song between Karen & Jack was, in my eyes, the best moment in that show. Those two were by far the better characters in that show, and watching them sing a song which summed those two up was perfect. Also, it wasn't Jack looking at Karen and Jack singing to Karen, or Karen looking at Jack and Karen singing to Jack. It was Sean and Megan looking and singing to each other. You could see it in their eyes and the way they sung, they were emotional but it was the best moment I thought. Then they bumped their bellies together and that was the true icing on the show, as that was the first, noun normal, thing the pair did together.

The closing moments wasn't very good, until the very end when the music played and they all kiss their respective pair, smiled and laughed at each other. I would have liked it to be at the apartment, but the bar kind of made perfect sense.

So, not the best finale in the world, but it was alright. Buffy's still wins, then Friends, then Charmed and then Will & Grace. Lets see how Smallville does next year figuring it might be their last season.
  • A great end to the series and very sad!

This is more of just a musings on some points made about the finale that I decided to express my views on. A proper review will follow soon.
    My opinion on the finale was that is was a great end to the series, but I think the thing that made it a little wierd was that it wasnt what I was expecting. The whole flashing forward in time thing really threw me a little. I guess I would have preferred if it had been left to us the viewers to decide what happened to them in the future.
    As for Will and Grace not talking for all that time, the way I took it was that by Grace taking Leo back and deciding to raise the baby with him, it was a complete and utter betrayal in Will's eyes. Will had seen how Leo had hurt Grace in the past and I think on some level he still harboured some hate towards him. I do believe that he wanted Grace to be happy, but after taking care of her all those years and being there for her and being willing to give up the love of his life for her, she throws it all back in his face by leaving him to deal and her go off with Leo.
    On the other hand though, I do think that Grace did the right thing. I mean when she did it she wasnt exactly deciding to leave Will forever and go off with Leo. She was just deciding to live her life with Leo in the foreground and I'm sure she still wanted Will in her life. I think it was the argument which occurred over this that caused them to part ways.
    I do think it was important for Will and Grace to have a big bust up like that in order to show that their friendship was forever enduring. That may sound a little contradictory, but the fact that they had such a big argument so as to cause them not to speak for 20 years, and then to STILL come back to each other in the end, just shows that their friendship could endure anything and that they were meant for each other.
    I also think it was important that they went off and had their own lives. They were both a big part of each other's lives for so long and as much as that meant to them, they were both always searching for the one, and after so many attempts (no matter what you're view on the subject) Grace felt that she had found the one in Leo. I mean, what was she expected to do? Find the one and then just say 'hey found him, ah well!'. She found him and naturally she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, and so she should. She didnt want to exclude Will from her life by making this decision, but evidently both Will and Grace came to that conclusion together during the course of the argument.
    As for Karen and Jack, I think it was right for them to end up together. It was clear that Karen deep down needed someone there for her and after Stan, it was pretty unlikely that she would find someone else. Jack on the other hand has always needed someone to take care of him, and after searching for the man to do that, he finally realised that he had that person all along in Karen. There was something really sad though, about seeing Jack grown old and not be his usual naive self. I mean sure, he had finally grown up and could now take care of Karen like she had done for him, but it just seemed a little strange, almost like having to get used to a whole new character somehow.
    Ultimately, I think the finale was very well done, in the time-frame that they had and with all the material that they managed to include. I think that the main point of the finale was that Will and Grace had been through so much together and been searching for love and that finally they realised that they could have both the love of a man and a family, but that also, they would always have the love for each other and that when all said and done, a friendship like their's never really ends.
  • Very good Series Finale

Wow. What to say. I am going to miss this show wholeheartedly. The series finale I'll admit had a few moments where it was confusing like the dream sequence and the whole flash-forwarding. I did enjoy how it had the usual happy ending however with Will and Grace's kids getting married, and the best part was when Jack and Karen sang "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole. I just liked how they wrapped the story up proving the fate really did bring them together, and fate would keep them together.
  • Great series finale...

This episode is really cool, because it actually shows us the different problems even in the end between Will and Grace, where Will gets mad at Grace because of getting back with Leo, and both of them have children on their own, Ben and Lila, and toward the end the same storyline happened with them than with Will and Grace and that's really cool, except for the fact that they get married, and well the thing is that this episode was really cool...A great ending to a great series, I am going to miss this series.
  • This is the series finale where all questions are answered.

This episode was very disappointing. When a show has being going strong for 8 seasons you expect it to go out with a bang. First off, the episode started off being very confusing. You didnt know what was actually going on and what actually happened between Will and Grace. It was good that they had Grace end up with Leo and Will with Vince but the rest of the ending was so cliche. The fact that they had their kids end up getting married was so predictable. I think that it was a huge let down. They could have came up with something so much better.
  • Best Sitcom Finale in History!

*SPOILER ALERT* This show was the funniest sitcom I ever saw thus far, I liked Seinfeld, I loved Friends... but Will & Grace is my all time favorite sitcom. I was certainly worried about how they were going to end it. I didn't want to be cheated like with Seinfeld, and I didn't want there to be open doors, like with Friends. The creators of W&G did exactly what everyone had hoped, they showed the journey of these characters from Season 8, to season 28... and we just skipped everything in between. We get to see the offspring of Will and Grace meet in college the same as their parents, the difference is they are straight, and they are attracted to each other. Thus the two get married, and Grace is paying for it! haha! Jack & Karen become the old married couple, but without the bitterness that comes from the typical old married straight couple. The series ends exactly as it begins in the same bar, and shows that no matter how much these characters may change on the outside, they'll always be the same people on the inside. Absolutely Wonderful!
  • Click below link, or read on to find out (detailed summary) *Warning Spoliers Follow*

The season finale, after 8 years, it's finally here. Ok, here's an overview of the episode... Grace is having a nightmare about she and Will growing old and caring for Grace's child. She has a huge A** and he's balding, Jack married Kevin Bacon, and Karen's maid Rosario (now a man) is her lover. Luckily she wakes up. Then Leo returns and she and he hook back up. *Two Years Later* Grace and Leo are raising there daughter Lila and Will and Vince are raising there son Ben. They aren't talking due to Grace leaving. Karen and Jack hook them back up in a hospital and the friendship starts back up agian. In the background, Karen is broke, so Jack goes out with the Beverley until he dies falling off the patio, Jack inherits all the money. Next we see two people, one a red head, the other brown. They've just met in college and instantly fall in love... at first we think it's a flashback to when Will and Grace first met, but instead turns out to be Ben and Lila. This leads to Will and Grace, who are helping there kids move in, meet once more. Jack and Karen are living together, and Ben and Lelah are to be married. We end with the whole gang sitting at a bar drinking shots. A spectalcular ending to a wonderful show, filled with twists and turns.
  • The series finale shows the futures of Will, Grace, Karen, and Jack.

This episode was so sad! Even in the comedic moments, of which there seemed to be fewer than usual, I could feel the actor\\\'s sadness to be leaving the show. However, it was well written, making the characters human and providing a nice conclusion the characters that we have come to care so much about.
  • The last and memorable episode of Will & Grace.

At first I was kind of dissapointed that Will and Grace didn't end up together.
    But after it all ended, it was rather quite nice to see how everthing worked out
    and how everybody was doing in the future.

The two best scenes I liked were the ones when "Ben" and "Lila" first met,
    and when Karen and Jack sang 'Unforgettable' together. It was touching! :)
    Well at least Will and Grace get to be in-laws from now. lol
    I will sure miss the gang. You guys did a fine job.
    Thank you for all of these years! Goodbye~
  • Will & Grace has finally come to an end with tears and laughter. Grace ends up going to Leo causing Will&Grace to stop talking for two years. Then eventually they do start talking but realize things are not the same. In the end their children get married

I really enjoyed this episode. Although it wasn't really the best ever I still thought it was cute. I despised the way they stoped talking when Grace decided to be with Leo. However I enjoyed the way Jack and Karen plotted a way to get them to talk again by using a poor man wrapped up in the hospital. I didn't really enjoy the storyline of Karen going broke. However I did enjoy the story line of Grace's daughter and Will's son meeting the same way they did and found it sweet how in the end it was them two who got married in the end which showed that Will and Grace would always be together through their son and daughter.
  • Will and Grace have now left the building!

Well it's over, all those years of Will and Grace ended like the rest of the great shows.

This was a fitting ending to a really entertaining show, and it was also good to see the progression in a short period was kinda expected midway that the kids would meet with knowing who each other was, but it was sweet anyhow.

I even liked the rendition of Unforgettable as it seemed to give a conclusion and show that Karen does have a semi decent voice, although I still would not urge her to make a single, but for the show it was suitable.

Overall even though it's over it was worth every minute watching the show and will miss is dearly but it like many shows has run it's time.

I hope for some new shows this Fall!
  • Can't believe it's over!!

7.4
    The series finale wasn't as good as i thought it would be. It was a good wrap up to the show though. I felt it was more sad then funny. I can't believe this show is over. It was so good and funny and different. I felt that it wasn't as good as it could have been but i still like it.
  • After the disappointing finales of Seinfeld and Friends, I was worried about how Will & Grace would end - but the show ended it's eight year run with laughter, tears, and good times.

Although the flash forwards might have nullified the opportunity for a reunion show in the future, they were well done.

The first hour was a retrospective of the show featuring highlights and bloopers, it was a great tribute to the show and made me realize how much I'm going to miss it.

The second hour started with a hilarious dream sequence and then brought us back into the present with Leo's return. The episode then flashes forward two years, Grace has reunited with Leo and is raising their daughter together, while Will and Vince have a son of their own. Will and Grace have not spoken for two years and Jack and Karen come up with a scheme to get them together.

Living separate lives, Will and Grace muse over how they had thought their friendship would last through anything that somehow they would always find each other because they were destined to be in each other's lives. Eight years later, their children are grown and meet each other on their first day of college, bringing their parents together once again.

Meanwhile Karen and Jack experience a role reversal of sorts, and in one of the most poignant moments of the episode, Karen tells Jack that their relationship for the last twenty years has lasted longer than any of her marriages and has been more satisfying. They then sing a pretty great version of "Unforgettable" together - definitely one of my favorite moments.

Overall, the finale did not disappoint. I'll really miss these characters and the show...but I'll be watching them in reruns!
  • A very memorable way to end one of the best sitcoms!

What a wonderful series finale! Will & Grace went out in style. There’s never been a show like this, and I doubt there ever will be again. I’m happy the writers didn’t conform to the usual ‘everyone moving on’ finale. Now, I know people think it’s very creative that they went into the future; and it is. But in a way (to me, anyway) that’s what could have happened. We really don’t know what happened when Will walked in on Grace kissing Leo, and what we saw through the hour wasn’t necessarily how things turned out. I guess I just don’t want Will and Grace to have been apart for 20 years. Still, the future retrospective was an excellent way to leave the series. Here’s to 8 fabulous seasons of one of the funniest, creative, daring, successful shows ever! Congratulations to the cast, crew, and NBC for such an amazing experience!
  • I think this is the way series should end!

I was very happy the way this episode was written and acted out. Most series end and you have no idea what happens to the characters in the future. This one did not do that - it told a story of what happens to the gang in the future, we don't have to think day after day what is happening with them, like we do with Cheers, The Cosby Show, Friends etc. I read some of the bad reviews and I can't believe what people are saying. I can see why they were upset about not answering certain questions, but at least this way, it was put to bed!

Thank you to the producers, actors, directors etc for 8 great years!
  • A fitting end to a show that broke so many barriers.

I couldn't help but feel a little misty while watching the finale. I was disappointed to see Will and Grace apart for so long after their strong friendship. However, after giving it some thought I realized, that's real life. Friendships start and end and sometimes start again. I thought it was a fitting end for all the characters though. While the script was not full of belly laughs, it did manage to wrap up all of the characters' stories rather sweetly. Jack and Karen's final moment at the piano was a great send off for the two characters who will remain unforgettable. Will and Grace needed to seperate to find their happiness and fulfill their destinies, but in the end everything came out as it should and Will and Grace found one another once again. The final scenes were a nice bookend to the pilot episode. Will and Grace, while it did get silly at times, will definitely be missed from the prime time schedule in the fall.
  • Couldn't have ended better.

Everything tied up, in a perfect little bow describes the more happy than sad ending of Will & Grace.

It begins with a nightmare of Grace's of how all them could end up- it was wuite the parody.

Will and Grace have a falling out resulting in them losing touch with each other. Grace ends up back with Leo (that was sweet) and they have a daughter Lila. Will ends up with Vince and they have a son Ben.

Jack and Karen (whose roles are now reversed in terms of finances)orchestrate a meeting for them 2 years after the fallout- they are civil with each other but the chapter of their life with each other is over. For now.

Cut to when both Lila and Ben are in college- and it replays how Will and Grace met. Through they're children they are reunited and connected again for the time to come.

The writers pulled out all the stops, for the finale. It had everything, including the prettiest bow (wrap up of every character)possibly ever on television.
  • A little like the finale of "Mad About You"

I have to admit I haven't been loyal to the show for about the past 2-3 years but knew I could NOT miss the ending and I was not disappointed. Yes they bounced back and forth through time and back which reminded me very much of the last episode of Mad About You. But if I was able to follow along with a 7 month old puppy pulling at my leg trying to get me to play, I don't see how anyone else couldn't keep up. Yes the 20 some odd years Grace and Will are apart might seem a little odd, but it's happened to them before, not for that long but they have fought before, they have moved out, so bringing all of that into the last episode seemed nothing more but necessary. Oh and I LOOOOOVED the little girl who played Grace's daughter! What a cutie patootey and what chemistry the two had!! Bravo to the writers, producers, and actors of Will and Grace for giving an ending that I can walk away happy from!
  • superb

words can not express all the emotions i felt when i saw Will & Grace finale it was by far one of my favorites episodes of them Erick, Sean, Debra, Megan all acted terfficic in this their last episode of playing Jack, Will, Grace & Karen i will surely miss them. One of my favorites highlights of the show was when Jack & Karen sing Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole's hit "Unforgettable" and also the ending it self was terrific i will surely miss seeing "Will & Grace" every thurdsay night as Julie Andrews said in Sound Of Music So Long, Farewell love the episode well acted & well written
  • So disappointing!

5.2
    Wow! It was just so bad! I mean, when Friends did "The One that Could Have Been" episode that was similar it was funnier and not such a critical finale! Jack and Karen singing was so great but the fans don't want to see Will and Grace apart for 22 years then reunited when their kids are grown. I was thoroughly disappointed and wish there was better closure! We never even got to see Stan!
  • The most awkward writing I've seen outside of an MST3k movie!

This was an excellent series, but the finale was an absolute train wreck. There were some good jokes, such as Will kissing the homophobe in the full body cast and the short jokes about Beverly Leslie, but other than that this was the worst episode os the series I've ever seen. The plot meandered as if it wasn't actually planned out in advance (why the hell were they singing?!). Parts didn't even make sense, like Beverly Leslie flying out the window. And the last few minutes were the most cheesy drivel I've ever seen in this series.

All in all, it played out like a poor knock-off of Mad About You's series finale, which was a fantastic finale, but Will and Grace's writers really fouled this one up. Just really piss poor writing.
  • A PERFECT END TO A PERFECT SITCOM!!!!

That was the best Series FInale I've seen in a long time, it was good of the writers to show the audience, what happens in the fuutre with them, i'm happy Leo and Grace got together, I'm thrilled that Vince and Will got together, and Jack and Beverly Leslie That was amazing!!!! But leading into Jack and Karen living together for twenty years and singing together! amazing! Ilove that song they sang together..... And Will's Son and Graces Daughter getting married that was amazing !

I Hope they come out with Season 5 on DVD really Really Soon because i love this show.....!
  • Graceful conclusion indeed.

Okay, first things first, so the writers took several rides on the time machine in this episode. Furthermore, it didn't help these sequences feel more legitimate with an opening scene of Grace's dream of the future. But, nonetheless, there were several humorous moments - c'mon, to insert a quick jab at NBC's only "must-see" tv show that will live on beyond W&G (E.R., which will no doubt bow out less gracefully then this) was one of several worthy moments that blended well with the overall melodrama. Plus, the twist of Karen going broke and Jack returning the favor by sharing his newfound endless wealth, after all the years ... it worked. It demonstrated the strong life bond that developed between Karen and Jack from season 1, and the episode certainly proved the undying life bond between Will and Grace. All in all, the conclusion successfully set forth two sets of best friends that will laugh far into the future, and will laugh collectively as a group as well. I have to say, the last five minutes (the crucial moments of a finale for me), with the duet of Karen and Jack at the piano - left me very, very pleased. Not just because Megan and Sean can sing very well, but they sang with such conviction and true feeling. The lyrics, the moment, the look in their eyes was the perfect touch to a finale. For me, a series finale needs a moving moment to cause a collective sigh in the loyal viewer, and they got it right with this. (Even more fitting: Karen and Jack end the number by simply bumping bellys - they did the same thing after they first met in season 1). Finally, all four cast members enjoying a drink and smiling in the last scene was a happy conclusion - with a Queen song in the background about best friends. To be sure, this was no sitcom about a married couple, nor some sitcom about a wise-cracking family - it was ultimately about friendships that lasted. In that context of friendship survival, it was, to me, less of a drawn out curtain call for any and all memorable guest characters (see Seinfeld finale), and also less obvious then the Friends finale. A satisfying ending. It can be argued the show in recent years meandered down its road, but it never completely lost its footing, nor did it ever completely lose its quick wit. By ending now, and considering the dying art of the smart sitcom, I don't see how you can argue against this show.
  • The final episode ever... and they messed it up!!!! Why did it have to end like that????

I can not say how terribly dissapointed i was with this last episode!!! They jumped around far too much in time, and opened too many pot holes left too many unfilled. What does stan look like? How old is Karen? Why does Jack have a tattoo that says will? What happened to Elliot? Why do Jack and Karen never get loves(not counting eachother)? What happened after Will walked in on Grace and Leo? They also promised us tons of guest stars for the last episode, and the only notable one was Kevin Bacon and that was only for a minuet. I think there are a million ways in which they could have ended this series better. Like Seinfeld, they all ended up in jail, but it was a conclusion, and in the same time period. Same with Friends, they ended that byhaving all the friends leaving their jey on the counter and walking out. Sad, but conclusive, didn't open too many unanswered questions, and DIDN'T SKIP AHEAD 20 YEARS!!!! I'm sorry, i Love the show Will and Grace, i've watched it loyally for years, I even have a favourite episode(the fablous baker boy) but there are so many better ways to end a show. I want to rewind the clock two hours to hope that that really wasn't the ending, but some cruel april fools joke.
  • A wonderful ending to a wonderful show.

It was a beautiful ending. My favorite part in the whole episode was Karen and Jack singing their song together. \\\"Unforgettable\\\" truly suited them. I felt a little bad for Will and Grace, though. After being together for so long and then being parted for so long, it must have been hard. Anyway, the conclusion came together nicely and I adored the future perspectives. I won\\\'t spoil anymore!
  • Great show and will miss it!

7.3
    Glad that it really was a good show though it
    Was a bittersweet as well. Will miss it and I
    Know that the actors and people working behind the scenes will move onto better things!
    Jack & Karen are singing a song and that kind of tells you that all good things must come to an end.
    Great show and thanks for eight great years!
  • ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

What a great finale! Laughs. Tears. Emotional, but not overly sentimental. The final scene with the four friends standing and having a drink while Queen\'s \"You\'re My Best Friend\" plays in the background was simply excellent. Congratulations to the cast and writers for a superb finale. I am really going to miss this show. The finale did the series proud!
  • Perfect. The most perfect way to end this series. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. This finale redeemed the last few seasons and reminded me why I loved this show in the first place.

I thought this was a great episode. So many time a series ends and you think "But what happens next?" Will and Grace didn't do that and the episode takes them into their sixties.

I also thought this was a realistic way for the show to end. In real life friends don't live together forever and do everything together forever. They grow apart and lose track of each other and then meet up one day, lose track again and if they're lucky fate will reunite them. I thought it may have been a little far-fetched that their children went to the same college, but if it was Will and Grace's alma mater then I wouldn't be surprised.

I loved how the Jack and Karen story ended, With them singing a sweet song (and she sings so well!) that it made them seem all grown-up and adult-like... and then they bump tummies like the first time they met.

O also loved the parallels between Vince and Leo. They seemed to be saying the same things to their wives at the same time, as if they were the sane ones in the relationships. I also loved the exchange between Grace and Leo about Lila, how Grace kept blaming things on the baby. Typical Grace. I love how they never changed her into a real girl… that she was always this crude gross woman (as she admits to Leo).

I also loved how they didn’t show the exchange between Will and grace after Leo came back. I think it was better to leave it to the imagination. We all can assume what happens, but it was nice that the finale wasn’t clouded with a big fight and instead hoped into the future.

And I'm so glad that Kevin Bacon was only in the dream. I couldn't figure out how he would fit into the episode, and I breathed a sigh of relief when he just had that tiny part.

And those kids to play their kids! Wow! At first I thought it would be a flashback to them entering college (Will and grace, not their children). But those kids were perfect. And they got married! And grace paid! Just as it should be!

I thought the final moment of the finale were perfect. With Will and Grace on the phone (As the first show opened) and at the bar having drinks (as the first show ended). Although it was a little contrived (“Let’s go to the bar when I didn’t get married”) but it was fitting. And I loved the transition from the old characters to the young characters in the same location in the same clothes after saying that nothing has changed. Priceless. Perfect. A terrific finale.

• I will sorely miss this show!

Yes, will and grace has had more than a few ups and downs in the past couple of years, but no matter what happend i have always laughed. The show had a rough middle patch, but this last season has gotten some good laughs out of it. The live episodes were great. Regardless of some of the poorly written episodes and way to many guest stars, the show did shine. The cast was always fantastic. The show would not have been the same without them. They all had real chemistry and a great sense of humor. This episode returns to some of the earlier episodes quality. I thought it was original and a classy way to end the show. I will sorely miss this show and am sad that every sitcom worth watching has now left TV! wheres the laughter?
1 2 3