Will & Grace

The Finale

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 18, 2006 on NBC

• Weren't they suppose to be friends?

I can't understand why the writers and producers decided to give this horrible series finale to this show.
    Will and Grace were friends, it seems pretty stupid that they didn't talk throught two years and then they waited sixteen to talk again? come on... This shows something that we didn't see throught the eight years... a weak friendship that it was broken suddenly, very stupid I would say.
    Then we find that stupid story about Jack being Beverly's couple... is any way more stupid of giving to Jack some money? It wouldn't be better killing Stan for real this time?.
    The plot was a complete disaster, they tried to give an emotive finale doing this, I think that they did a horrible mess.
    The only things that I can rescue from this is that it was still funny and Karen and Jack's perfomance of "Unforgetable".
    My real score for this episode is a 0.1 but I cannot put that score, the system doesn't allow me

• This ending RUINED the ENTIRE series for me.

I have never seen such a bad ending to a show!
    I felt insulting having watched it. It actually made me angry.

The last episode basically makes a mockery of and negates the entire series! It insults the very idea of the close bond of friendships.

I enjoyed watching the series because of Will & Grace's decades long and very close friendship. They were there for each other throughout everything and to think they would just "forget" each other and never make any time to see each other in 18 years just because they each find a spouse is incredibly sad. It makes a mockery of and devalues their friendship. Honestly it's like it went back to every previous episode and said no, none of this depth and emotion actually meant anything. That true friendship doesn't matter if you find "the right mate". Knowing the ending where they just "fall out of touch" as if they were mere aquaintances, I have a hard time watching reruns. I'm certainly no longer planning to buy any of the seasons on DVD now, I'm so angry. Seriously, still angry after all these months since I watched the finale.

I've had friends who I've known for over a decade and despite having separate lives, living in other states and some of them having kids -- we all still try to stay in touch at least in some way. So it was extremely painful and sad to see that these close friends just let each other completely go -- and not even through a fight -- just from being too apathetic to set up an occasional lunch date?
  • This is the series finale where all questions are answered.

This episode was very disappointing. When a show has being going strong for 8 seasons you expect it to go out with a bang. First off, the episode started off being very confusing. You didnt know what was actually going on and what actually happened between Will and Grace. It was good that they had Grace end up with Leo and Will with Vince but the rest of the ending was so cliche. The fact that they had their kids end up getting married was so predictable. I think that it was a huge let down. They could have came up with something so much better.
  • The most awkward writing I've seen outside of an MST3k movie!

This was an excellent series, but the finale was an absolute train wreck. There were some good jokes, such as Will kissing the homophobe in the full body cast and the short jokes about Beverly Leslie, but other than that this was the worst episode os the series I've ever seen. The plot meandered as if it wasn't actually planned out in advance (why the hell were they singing?!). Parts didn't even make sense, like Beverly Leslie flying out the window. And the last few minutes were the most cheesy drivel I've ever seen in this series.

All in all, it played out like a poor knock-off of Mad About You's series finale, which was a fantastic finale, but Will and Grace's writers really fouled this one up. Just really piss poor writing.
  • The final episode ever... and they messed it up!!!! Why did it have to end like that????

I can not say how terribly dissapointed i was with this last episode!!! They jumped around far too much in time, and opened too many pot holes left too many unfilled. What does stan look like? How old is Karen? Why does Jack have a tattoo that says will? What happened to Elliot? Why do Jack and Karen never get loves(not counting eachother)? What happened after Will walked in on Grace and Leo? They also promised us tons of guest stars for the last episode, and the only notable one was Kevin Bacon and that was only for a minuet. I think there are a million ways in which they could have ended this series better. Like Seinfeld, they all ended up in jail, but it was a conclusion, and in the same time period. Same with Friends, they ended that byhaving all the friends leaving their jey on the counter and walking out. Sad, but conclusive, didn't open too many unanswered questions, and DIDN'T SKIP AHEAD 20 YEARS!!!! I'm sorry, i Love the show Will and Grace, i've watched it loyally for years, I even have a favourite episode(the fablous baker boy) but there are so many better ways to end a show. I want to rewind the clock two hours to hope that that really wasn't the ending, but some cruel april fools joke.
  • I'm gonna say exactly what I think and that is that it royally sucked!!!!!

3.2
    To me and to a bunch of others this seemed like a absolutly horrid ending to the best show in the universe! I hated it not only because it was the last time I was gonna see a new episode but because it blew. Don't get me wrong I still cried, who didn't. But really it could have went alot better. To tell you the truth I really wnted to see the to of them living happy togather but I mean I never saw the whole thing coming. It hit me in my chest. Hard. I only have bad thngs to say about this episode. I still stick with the show, I always will. All I'm sayin is that alot of people were counting down to the closing of the show and almost everyone was either disapointed or angry. The entire show was a collasal let down and theres nothing to do about it.
  • Too hard to digest everything.

=[
    it was sad, i didn't really like how it was done. i loved when jack and karen sang but everything else was all over the place which made it hard to keep up and keep track of. they tried to cram too much into one episode. it would have been better if it was done over two two hour lengths so they could add more detail.
  • Actually, quite unoriginal

I was looking forward to the finale. It was a major let-down. Forward flashes reminded me of "Mad About You" finale. The dream sequence was OK, but it set up a nasty mood for the rest of the finale. Bitter-sweet? Mainly bitter. The writers should have added more twists. We expected that they will go through a falling out. The only original thing IMHO was the kids scene.

After eight years of whitnessing their friendship I would really like to see some tearjerking moments. Nada.

The whole episode felt forced and contrived. Sigh.

P.S. What was going on with Rosie? What was up with Sean and Megan singing in their real voices?
  • Come on, already. Seriously messed up.

4.5
    Eight years, waiting for... *this?*

I know we all didn't want it to end. I guess it had to. As the man used to sing, "Nothing lasts forever."

However, I don't think I'm out of place having hoped for something better than the end result.

Some of the plot points were good-- it was nice to see the storyline for Jack wrap up by continuing his current success-- but the business about the future for the respective children of the title characters was beyond absurd. It calls to mind the infamously bad plot resolutions of 'Dallas' and 'Newhart.'

Overall, the decisions put me in mind of some weird parallel universe where the audience gets what the show creators *think* we wanted... but it all just leaves a bad aftertaste for me.

Think I'll rinse and spit.
  • What a disappointing finale....

I totally agree with some of the reviewers here. The finale -for me- was so disappointing.

The tone of the episode was "out of tune". .they tried to do it bitter-sweet, but for sure not funny.

As for the story itself it cancelled the whole storyline and the characters' character.

* Will and Grace were inseparable all these years and they just forgot each other because of their mates???? Wtf? In an episode they just forgot everything about their friendship. They didn't even give as a good and persuading reason why that happened.

* a child has just appeared no questions asked.

* not only Will and Grace didn't talk to each other, but they didn't even tell anything about their friendship to their children. Wtf again? The children had no idea of the existence of mum's/dad's bff for 20 years... GREAT!!

* as for Jack, he sold himself as a gigolo to an elderly gay, although he was lucky that he disappeared.

* Karen of course ended up with Jackie as a couple.. or not!

What a miss....
  • Will, Grace, Karen & Jack have one final hooray.

This episode fell very flat with me. I wish I knew why they went the direction they did with it. I also don\'t know quite what emotional tone they were trying to set. Overall it was just tremendously uneven. Dream sequences, future flashes, out of character song performance, and a total lack of fun. I would have preferred the story to have picked up right with the fight, and forged ahead with the story. As far as glimpses of the future go, taking a page from Six Feet Under would have been welcome, with Jack and Karen\'s song playing as the future scenes are shown. There were some wonderful moments, but the consensus here was that the retrospective hour before the finale was much more satisfying. The crazy world of Will & Grace will be missed, thank God for syndication.
  • So disappointing!

5.2
    Wow! It was just so bad! I mean, when Friends did "The One that Could Have Been" episode that was similar it was funnier and not such a critical finale! Jack and Karen singing was so great but the fans don't want to see Will and Grace apart for 22 years then reunited when their kids are grown. I was thoroughly disappointed and wish there was better closure! We never even got to see Stan!
  • A landmark show that came in with a bang goes out with a whimper.

5.6
    I chose to watch the "CSI:" season finale versus W&G because I've not been a regular W&G viewer for a while. I don't recall when I thought the show had lost its appeal, but I've only caught it in reruns for the past 2 years or so.

Here's another show that had to double its length to indulge itself, and it wasn't pretty. Sometimes less is more. The hopping back and forth with what-ifs or whatever it is the producers did was irritating and did little for the characters. So we see into the future with W&G old and ugly, parenting some snotty teenager. Whoopee. Then it's a couple of years into the future, and Will has his own (adopted or whatever) son, and Grace has her daughter. Worse yet, years later, they meet up again @ their kids' college dorms, then their kids are getting married! Oh, puh-leeze.

Jack and Karen were caricatures of their former selves, and Rosario was more annoying than usual. Leo hardly mattered in this episode, nor did Vince.

W&G used to be at its best when it used subtle humor, but a lot of it tonight was just OTT and vulgar. I don't know, I found it disappointing to end such a good show with such a poor episode. The actors' make-up was excellent, however. As for the rest? Waste of time.
  • To me this was a dissapointing end to a great show.

6.8
    I find the ending to this show very bizarre. It just didn\'t feel like Will and Grace. Although some parts were touching, like when Jack and Karen sang or when Will and Grace were talking to their husbands about the other, overall it just didn\'t seem to flow. Since the show traveled over time it felt jumpy and incomplete. When I saw that it had been two years since Will and Grace had seen each other I was surprised, but then when it was 20 years until they saw each other again after that? It just wasn\'t believable to me. However, this finale still had it\'s strong points, and it is not one that turned me off from the show. Will and Grace is still a wonderful show.
  • Will and Grace missed the mark with this one.

Disappointing only to how amazing it really could have ended. It's not the fact that its ending that caused me such grief. I was happy to see the cast of Will and Grace take their final bow, in fact I was happy for them, looking forward to being apart of their exit. Though this season has been lacking in the original Will and Grace humor and storyline the series seem to redeem itself with the episode prior "Whatever Happen to Baby Gin." So I will admit I was expecting a lot out of the finale. Am I wrong for expecting much out of Will and Grace? I don\'t think so. Will and Grace was a brilliant comedic series and thus it demanded a extraordinary ending, yet instead of switching the switch to the off position leaving people longing for the light the finale of Will and Grace fizzled as on a dimmer which leaves the room with this annoying glow. For most sitcoms this glow would have been acceptable but for Will and Grace it resulted into a less than spectacular curtain call. The problem with the finale as I see it is that Will and Grace tried to take itself, and these characters too seriously. This problem with the episode is exemplified in the rendition of "Unforgettable" that Karen and Jack sang at the end of the show. I kept waiting for the zany duo to change the lyrics or the tune or bust into a Cher cover to make it into a joke, but the joke never came. They just sung the song. And they did it with non-ironic sincerity. There was a serious lack of comedy in this finale. So unbelievable to the point where it was even unbelievable. During the flashbacks they showed that unlike other comedies, Will and Grace were actually able get into serious fights without losing the love and humor between them that has always been able to bring them through whatever. I don't understand why the writers expected the audience to believe that 2 years went by before Will and Grace made up after Grace decided that she wanted the father of her baby to be involved with its life. Oh how cruel! It just seemed highly out of character. Though I love, love, love the character of Beverly Leslie; all of Stan's money was barrowed? Huh? Benji and Beverly are not together anymore? What? The audience of Will and Grace deserved something more than what was given. Unfortunately it wasn't given to us by this finale on one Thursday in May of 2006.
  • Leo confesses his love for Grace, and they move to Rome. When both Will and Grace have children, they become friends again, but they're not close. Their kids end up at the same college, beginning a relationship that brings Will and Grace together again.

7.1
    This episode was funny, and I really liked how they tricked us with the two college students turning out to be Ben and Lyla instead of Will and Grace. However, I felt that it had big problems as well. For one thing, I definitely think that it tried to hard to tie everything up in a nice little bow. There was way too much recounting of old memories and attempting to bring everything full circle. It also didn't seem like true to the characters that we have spent so many years watching and understanding. This was a good show with a mediocre finale.
  • Great show and will miss it!

7.3
    Glad that it really was a good show though it
    Was a bittersweet as well. Will miss it and I
    Know that the actors and people working behind the scenes will move onto better things!
    Jack & Karen are singing a song and that kind of tells you that all good things must come to an end.
    Great show and thanks for eight great years!
  • Can't believe it's over!!

7.4
    The series finale wasn't as good as i thought it would be. It was a good wrap up to the show though. I felt it was more sad then funny. I can't believe this show is over. It was so good and funny and different. I felt that it wasn't as good as it could have been but i still like it.
  • Nice, touching, but slightly disappointing.

To begin with, this was a VERY sad episode, especially the ending. But, that doesn\\\'t make it a good episode. Though some parts were funny, I have seen episodes that were MUCh funiier and that didn\\\'t rely on the toilet humour Will&Grace seem to have desperately integrated into the show.
    The teaser, that stupid dream, was a complete waste of time and was only used for cheap laughs. They could have established the fact that Grace didn\\\'t want to end up a sad, sorrowful woman with Will w/o having a dream sequence where Grace has a giant ass. Was that really integral to the plot?
    I think the whole time-jumping thing was equally annoying. Though it was nice to see how they turned out in the end, it would have been better as a linear episode.
    The ending was also a little disappointing. I\'m glad that their kids ended up together, but the last seen in the bar was a little preachy, and it ended with them all being young again. Not that I didn\\\'t like it, but it totally broke the fourth wall and made the ending seem intanglible. It just seemed like it was all nostalgic fun with no substance.

• After 8 years, the ground breaking series ends. Will, Will & Grace raise Grace's child together, and will Jack & Karen find true happiness?

After season 6 ended, I stopped watching the series. The jokes just weren't as funny anymore, the storylines were weak and not well thought out, and it just seemed to be dying slowly and I couldn't bare to watch it. However, during the final 4 episodes of season 8 I begun to watch it again, and yet again, it was boring. However, I felt, that in a small way, the series finale kind of picked back up. Karen was her squeaky, alcohol loving, insulting self. Jack was back to being camp from season 1-6, whilst Will & Grace were back to being what made them as lovable in earlier seasons, same applies to Karen and Jack. I rated this episode pretty low due to the fact that Grace Adler designs was never seen and I would have maybe liked Grace leaving her work for maybe her daughter to take over in. After 8 years, we still never got to see Stan which I found pretty disappointing. There were no proper guest stars, as in Joe and Larry, Will & Grace's mothers amoung other supporting actors which made the show great. Also, the episode didn't really feel full circle, they never made many reffrences to past episode or stuff and it didn't feel right to me.

I did love the dream sequence, that was funny. I enjoyed Karen's moment with the alcohol bottle and her "Virginity!!" comment. The Beverly Leslie moments were really funny. Leo returning with a lovely moment, and Grace's daughter was just great. At first I didn't know what to think, when I heard the episode would take place in the future and I thought within time it's a bad idea, the episode deserved to end in our time, in 2006 not way, way way into the future. But when watching it, it was alright I suppose.

I loved how Will & Grace's children met, exactly how Will & Grace met themselves, and then that they were getting married. The end part with Grace and Will on the phone was very sweet and I remembered back to their phone convo in season 1. The song between Karen & Jack was, in my eyes, the best moment in that show. Those two were by far the better characters in that show, and watching them sing a song which summed those two up was perfect. Also, it wasn't Jack looking at Karen and Jack singing to Karen, or Karen looking at Jack and Karen singing to Jack. It was Sean and Megan looking and singing to each other. You could see it in their eyes and the way they sung, they were emotional but it was the best moment I thought. Then they bumped their bellies together and that was the true icing on the show, as that was the first, noun normal, thing the pair did together.

The closing moments wasn't very good, until the very end when the music played and they all kiss their respective pair, smiled and laughed at each other. I would have liked it to be at the apartment, but the bar kind of made perfect sense.

So, not the best finale in the world, but it was alright. Buffy's still wins, then Friends, then Charmed and then Will & Grace. Lets see how Smallville does next year figuring it might be their last season.
  • Good but not great

The show ended on a sweet note. It picked up where last week's episode left off. The episode moved two years in to the future after that showing Will and Grace not speaking and realizing their friendship came to an end. It ended with Grace's daughter and Will's son meeting and getting married. A sweet ending to a good show.
  • A dissapoiting end to a funny series

Wow...now I know what happened to the parts of the Mad About You Finale the writers didn't use.

I have been a bit behind in watching Will and Grace; at this point, I have only seen half of this last season so far. But, I was aware of what has been going on, and so I wasn't to shocked by the events at the end.

What I was disappointed in was the blant use of a last guest star for the show. No, I am not referring to the appearance of Harry Conick Jr; no, I am talking about Kevin Bacon making an appearance as Jack's bride (?)...groom(?)...whatever. The guy has had one appearance on the show; isn't that enough. (And to further add to the suffering, it seemed like EVERY commerical break had Kevin shooting mock baskets in Hanes commericals. Oh, how far you have fallen, Kevin...)

As for the future sequences- well, it was nice seeing how Will and Grace moved on; but I was a bit surprised when Grace's daughter and Will's son were the same age. I was under the impression that Grace was pregnant and was to give birth soon, and that Will's son was born from an surrogate mother, which would mean that either the mystery woman was already pregnant with the child, or that Grace held on to the baby for QUIET a while longer after the two parted ways. (Or a worse case, as they used in Mad About You- Grace had a miscarriage and that she got re-pregnant during their years apart).

What I was glad to see was how, at the end, it was Grace and Will, talking on the phone together, while watching TV, just like how the series started (minus the whole- Gang drinking in the bar part).

And don't get me started on the Jack/ Karen part- yes, I can see them moving in together and living their lives in sex free bliss...but what was the need to have Karen singing at the end!!! Although the belly bump was a nice finish.

Overall, I was a bit disappointed in the ending; but then again, I still think on the better ending of a show was Star Trek:TNG, when the crew are still all together, playing cards, and ready for the next challenge around the bend. No big send offs, no good byes, no changes in the cast futures. (Also, I liked the ending of St. Elsewhere, but for different reasons).
  • The final episode was quite cleverly done.

The final episode was quite cleverly done. It was pretty surprising that they had will and grace fight for so long though. I think that because all of it was crammed into one episode, that it was slightly unbelievable, but still the plotline was well thought out. I think that this storyline was slightly too similar to the previously done Will-Grace-Leo-Baby thing, but the differences made it so much better.
    Overall, this was a great way to end Will and Grace, apart from certain things, and though it played no part in the storyline, the Jack and Karen duet will be the highlight of the episode.
  • Will and Grace the show about jokes that include sex which so cool

will and grace finale

where the show end with will had a child with his boyfriends the detective and grace had a child too with Leo the doctor of the border

while Karen and Jack live together happily ever after

my opinion... great show

but it was push to be over.. well sad ending but truth reality ending... where a girl and a gay man can't live forever together..they have to move on..

well the finale episode show us that, although we're with somebody else..we can still be friends but not like it used to be

applause to all character, crew and writer, producer..
    they make tv worth to watch

well done Will and Grace
  • 22 years apart? I won't stand for it.

I will admit, this was much better than the disappointingly predictable "Friends" finale. But, how could they be apart for that long? I can't believe that Will and Grace would just let their friendship lapse like that and not see each other for sooooo long. Like Will said, in that French film they saw in college the man and woman kept missing each other and then they met on a plane because that was how it was destined to be, but why would destiny want Will and Grace to be apart for that long?
    The Jack and Karen storyline was really great. They ended up in a role reversal where Jack was rich and he supported Karen, which was sweet and it showed that he really does love her, he wasn't just there for the money as it sometimes seemed. It was also so great when they sang together- when they touched stomachs after the song I burst into tears :'(
    Another great moment was when Will and Grace were on the phone at the end and the way it parallelled with the pilot: they were both alone, watching TV, George Clooney was mentioned. If only there had been a "Say 'Goodnight, Gracie,'" then it would have been perfect.
    One thing that I choose to take out of the finale is that it may not be true. After it said "two years later" and they weren't speaking I kept thinking "maybe this is just Will's nightmare- they can't be apart like that, it makes no sense." But of course, it wasn't. However, in the very last scene when they toast, it goes back to them at the ages they were at the beginning of the episode, so I choose to believe that it wasn't real (of course, it's a TV show, but I mean it wasn't how Will and Grace ended up) and that the producers/writers were saying "this is how we see them ending up, what do you think?" It's a strange analysis, I'm aware, but it makes me feel better. In my mind, they'll always be together- they'll end up how Karen and Jack did, together and happy. Or at least if Will and Grace are with Vince and Leo, respectively, then maybe they can just live across the hall again and still be best friends. If Will and Grace can't stay together...
    Also, could there be a more perfect song? Oh, Queen...
  • The series finale shows the futures of Will, Grace, Karen, and Jack.

This episode was so sad! Even in the comedic moments, of which there seemed to be fewer than usual, I could feel the actor\\\'s sadness to be leaving the show. However, it was well written, making the characters human and providing a nice conclusion the characters that we have come to care so much about.
  • This bittersweet series finale sees Will and Grace going their separate ways after Grace has her baby girl.

This finale presents many different options for Will and Grace's lives, starting with Grace's nightmare about the future for them if these two stay together and raise Grace's baby.

This is a very bittersweet series finale. There are not very many laughs going on in the finale. And I question the fact that Will and Grace would drift apart that much, but then I remember that life gets in the way of our plans.

That ending when Jack and Karen were singing was absolutely incredible. I was so glad to hear Karen sing. Megan Mullaly has such a beautiful voice. And Sean Hayes really has a good voice when he's not completely hamming it up as Jack. And "Unforgettable" is such an appropriate song for this series. And, the final scene where they meet up at the bar is a great shout-out to the pilot episode.

All and all, it was such a classy ending to a great show, although it wasn't hilariously funny.
  • A perfect ending

Lordy be, I'm going to miss this show. Will and Grace were destined to be together, and i'm glad they still are. The way that Jack and Karen sang "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole, it was really touching. Another touching moment in my opinion is when the son and daughter met in college, had that feeling that they were going to get married, and Will and Grace would really stay together! Life works in mysterious ways. :Sigh: Thursday nights are not going to be the same anymore. I wept like a baby, well not wept like a baby, just tears. It was really sad. Long live Will and Grace!
  • Finale in any show never go great, but Will and Grace did better than most.

This episode did one thing very right, it gave us chane to say goodbye properly, have all the charecter have thie shining moments. It managed to cover a lot of ground and managed to answer a lot of questions fans would wonder about.

Best of all it managed to be unpredictable, and do many things you werent expecting. Amoungst all of this it managed to have good comedy throughout.

In this episode more than all before it, Will and Graces relationship was well told, and moving, Messing, for someone who often can be seen to not be able to contain herself, pulled of some very good acting!

Finales never go down well, but this show did it better than most and certainly pulled out all the stops.
  • Best episode of W&G and one of the best finale's ever.

The main thing I like about this episode was that it was realistic. W&G couldn't have lived together forever and would have drifted apart. It was also really funny! lol. Grace's dream was histerical and Beverley Leslie is always first-class... especially his introductions (The best one being the gay penguin!). This episode didn't try to be poltical or ground-breaking because it doesn't need to be any more. W&G did help change American television and it shows in the later episodes where there's not one gay kiss per season, or gay relationships don't last, etc. etc. etc. So, what i'm trying to say is that this episode felt very natural and real, which the writers and producers should be proud of. Grace wasn't her extreme selfish disgrace she sometimes became and Will wasn't the depressed unlucky-in-love labelled gay guy that was sometimes illustrated. All in all, tremendous episode. The best.
< 1 2 3