Will & Grace

The Finale

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 18, 2006 on NBC

• This bittersweet series finale sees Will and Grace going their separate ways after Grace has her baby girl.

This finale presents many different options for Will and Grace's lives, starting with Grace's nightmare about the future for them if these two stay together and raise Grace's baby.

This is a very bittersweet series finale. There are not very many laughs going on in the finale. And I question the fact that Will and Grace would drift apart that much, but then I remember that life gets in the way of our plans.

That ending when Jack and Karen were singing was absolutely incredible. I was so glad to hear Karen sing. Megan Mullaly has such a beautiful voice. And Sean Hayes really has a good voice when he's not completely hamming it up as Jack. And "Unforgettable" is such an appropriate song for this series. And, the final scene where they meet up at the bar is a great shout-out to the pilot episode.

All and all, it was such a classy ending to a great show, although it wasn't hilariously funny.
  • It's over...and what a way to go!

It wasn't how I imagined it would be. But it was still the perfect ending.

Did I want Grace to end up with Leo? No. But apparently he still loves her and he makes her happy.

Vince and Will? All systems go.

It seemed ironic that Karen and Jack would end up with just each other, seeing as throughout the series Karen usually had a man and Jack had about 3.

But it was beautifully done, and the two singing "Unforgettable" was superb.

I have to say my favorite moment was when, with no warning Ben and Lila are in college... I thought (as I'm sure most fans did) that they were showing Will and Grace and I'm screaming in my head "Nooo that's not how they met!! Stop rewriting the series!" but then I realized and I gasped just like the studio audience did - It was so chilling and touching.

Will and Grace's kids getting married is the PERFECT ending.

I couldn't be happier with that.

Emtional, a little funny, mostly bittersweet.

Goodbye Will & Grace.

You will be deeply missed.
  • Actually, quite unoriginal

I was looking forward to the finale. It was a major let-down. Forward flashes reminded me of "Mad About You" finale. The dream sequence was OK, but it set up a nasty mood for the rest of the finale. Bitter-sweet? Mainly bitter. The writers should have added more twists. We expected that they will go through a falling out. The only original thing IMHO was the kids scene.

After eight years of whitnessing their friendship I would really like to see some tearjerking moments. Nada.

The whole episode felt forced and contrived. Sigh.

P.S. What was going on with Rosie? What was up with Sean and Megan singing in their real voices?
  • Will, Grace, Karen & Jack...a show that will be in my heart always.

Amazing ending. The dream sequence was funny. Will bald, and Grace fat. Karen didn't aged a bit. Jack married with Kevin Bacon, lol! It was good.

I think Grace did the right choice. Being with the man she loves, the father of her baby, Leila. I mean it's all for the best. Will may have been angry, but it worked out in the end. Will & Grace are happily in love, raising terrific children with their love ones.

Karen is now poor because of the divorce with Stan, and Beverly Leslie wants Jack as his new business associate. I mean it's understandable that Karen wanted for Jack to take care of her 'cause she took cared of him all those years, but like she said, Jack didn't loved him like Karen did for Stan. They ended up with eachother, and didn't found love like Will and Grace. In the 8 years, Karen was married and Jack slept around, and it was W&G who was living together. Now it's the other way around.

The ending was sweet. Will & Grace talked over the phone like the first scene of the pilot, and going to that bar that they kissed: precious! The last scene with the four of them was sad, it was like, the show's really over...

Great ending ! I'm sad it's over, but in a way, I'm glad that the show existed, and got 8 incredible and amazing years with Eric/Will, Debra/Grace, Sean/Jack & Megan/Karen. They'll be greatly missed...
  • A perfect ending

Lordy be, I'm going to miss this show. Will and Grace were destined to be together, and i'm glad they still are. The way that Jack and Karen sang "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole, it was really touching. Another touching moment in my opinion is when the son and daughter met in college, had that feeling that they were going to get married, and Will and Grace would really stay together! Life works in mysterious ways. :Sigh: Thursday nights are not going to be the same anymore. I wept like a baby, well not wept like a baby, just tears. It was really sad. Long live Will and Grace!
  • The finale. That about covers it.

Best. Finale. Ever. In History. Put Friends to shame. Seinfeld certainly never stood a chance. I absolutely loved the way that all the loose ends were tied up so far into the future. I have to say though, when Karen and Jack sang, I cried. And didn't really stop until the credits ran across the bottom of my television screen. Not only was the episode well-written, but I think we all really appreciated the fact that it didn't turn out as expected. No one could've predicted those "flash-forwards," and while Will & Grace never got together, they will always be a part of each other's lives. And ours.
  • Will, Grace, Karen & Jack have one final hooray.

This episode fell very flat with me. I wish I knew why they went the direction they did with it. I also don\'t know quite what emotional tone they were trying to set. Overall it was just tremendously uneven. Dream sequences, future flashes, out of character song performance, and a total lack of fun. I would have preferred the story to have picked up right with the fight, and forged ahead with the story. As far as glimpses of the future go, taking a page from Six Feet Under would have been welcome, with Jack and Karen\'s song playing as the future scenes are shown. There were some wonderful moments, but the consensus here was that the retrospective hour before the finale was much more satisfying. The crazy world of Will & Grace will be missed, thank God for syndication.
  • It was a one of the best episode that I have seen from them. And it was my first time seeing the show..

The finale was great. It showed how things will be in the future. The way Grace was eating chicken so much. I can't a felt sad and happy when Jack and Carnie singing a song. I have never seen the show before but this season I have seen the live episodes. But now after I have seen the ending of the show, it was a pretty good show. It was funny, halorius, and drain right great. I couldn't beleive that they were going after eight seasons on NBC. They are some of the shows that are keeping NBC online for now. I'm sad that Will & Grace are gone....
  • I will sorely miss this show!

Yes, will and grace has had more than a few ups and downs in the past couple of years, but no matter what happend i have always laughed. The show had a rough middle patch, but this last season has gotten some good laughs out of it. The live episodes were great. Regardless of some of the poorly written episodes and way to many guest stars, the show did shine. The cast was always fantastic. The show would not have been the same without them. They all had real chemistry and a great sense of humor. This episode returns to some of the earlier episodes quality. I thought it was original and a classy way to end the show. I will sorely miss this show and am sad that every sitcom worth watching has now left TV! wheres the laughter?
  • Perfect. The most perfect way to end this series. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. This finale redeemed the last few seasons and reminded me why I loved this show in the first place.

I thought this was a great episode. So many time a series ends and you think "But what happens next?" Will and Grace didn't do that and the episode takes them into their sixties.

I also thought this was a realistic way for the show to end. In real life friends don't live together forever and do everything together forever. They grow apart and lose track of each other and then meet up one day, lose track again and if they're lucky fate will reunite them. I thought it may have been a little far-fetched that their children went to the same college, but if it was Will and Grace's alma mater then I wouldn't be surprised.

I loved how the Jack and Karen story ended, With them singing a sweet song (and she sings so well!) that it made them seem all grown-up and adult-like... and then they bump tummies like the first time they met.

O also loved the parallels between Vince and Leo. They seemed to be saying the same things to their wives at the same time, as if they were the sane ones in the relationships. I also loved the exchange between Grace and Leo about Lila, how Grace kept blaming things on the baby. Typical Grace. I love how they never changed her into a real girl… that she was always this crude gross woman (as she admits to Leo).

I also loved how they didn’t show the exchange between Will and grace after Leo came back. I think it was better to leave it to the imagination. We all can assume what happens, but it was nice that the finale wasn’t clouded with a big fight and instead hoped into the future.

And I'm so glad that Kevin Bacon was only in the dream. I couldn't figure out how he would fit into the episode, and I breathed a sigh of relief when he just had that tiny part.

And those kids to play their kids! Wow! At first I thought it would be a flashback to them entering college (Will and grace, not their children). But those kids were perfect. And they got married! And grace paid! Just as it should be!

I thought the final moment of the finale were perfect. With Will and Grace on the phone (As the first show opened) and at the bar having drinks (as the first show ended). Although it was a little contrived (“Let’s go to the bar when I didn’t get married”) but it was fitting. And I loved the transition from the old characters to the young characters in the same location in the same clothes after saying that nothing has changed. Priceless. Perfect. A terrific finale.

• ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

What a great finale! Laughs. Tears. Emotional, but not overly sentimental. The final scene with the four friends standing and having a drink while Queen\'s \"You\'re My Best Friend\" plays in the background was simply excellent. Congratulations to the cast and writers for a superb finale. I am really going to miss this show. The finale did the series proud!
  • Great show and will miss it!

7.3
    Glad that it really was a good show though it
    Was a bittersweet as well. Will miss it and I
    Know that the actors and people working behind the scenes will move onto better things!
    Jack & Karen are singing a song and that kind of tells you that all good things must come to an end.
    Great show and thanks for eight great years!
  • A wonderful ending to a wonderful show.

It was a beautiful ending. My favorite part in the whole episode was Karen and Jack singing their song together. \\\"Unforgettable\\\" truly suited them. I felt a little bad for Will and Grace, though. After being together for so long and then being parted for so long, it must have been hard. Anyway, the conclusion came together nicely and I adored the future perspectives. I won\\\'t spoil anymore!
  • The final episode ever... and they messed it up!!!! Why did it have to end like that????

I can not say how terribly dissapointed i was with this last episode!!! They jumped around far too much in time, and opened too many pot holes left too many unfilled. What does stan look like? How old is Karen? Why does Jack have a tattoo that says will? What happened to Elliot? Why do Jack and Karen never get loves(not counting eachother)? What happened after Will walked in on Grace and Leo? They also promised us tons of guest stars for the last episode, and the only notable one was Kevin Bacon and that was only for a minuet. I think there are a million ways in which they could have ended this series better. Like Seinfeld, they all ended up in jail, but it was a conclusion, and in the same time period. Same with Friends, they ended that byhaving all the friends leaving their jey on the counter and walking out. Sad, but conclusive, didn't open too many unanswered questions, and DIDN'T SKIP AHEAD 20 YEARS!!!! I'm sorry, i Love the show Will and Grace, i've watched it loyally for years, I even have a favourite episode(the fablous baker boy) but there are so many better ways to end a show. I want to rewind the clock two hours to hope that that really wasn't the ending, but some cruel april fools joke.
  • Graceful conclusion indeed.

Okay, first things first, so the writers took several rides on the time machine in this episode. Furthermore, it didn't help these sequences feel more legitimate with an opening scene of Grace's dream of the future. But, nonetheless, there were several humorous moments - c'mon, to insert a quick jab at NBC's only "must-see" tv show that will live on beyond W&G (E.R., which will no doubt bow out less gracefully then this) was one of several worthy moments that blended well with the overall melodrama. Plus, the twist of Karen going broke and Jack returning the favor by sharing his newfound endless wealth, after all the years ... it worked. It demonstrated the strong life bond that developed between Karen and Jack from season 1, and the episode certainly proved the undying life bond between Will and Grace. All in all, the conclusion successfully set forth two sets of best friends that will laugh far into the future, and will laugh collectively as a group as well. I have to say, the last five minutes (the crucial moments of a finale for me), with the duet of Karen and Jack at the piano - left me very, very pleased. Not just because Megan and Sean can sing very well, but they sang with such conviction and true feeling. The lyrics, the moment, the look in their eyes was the perfect touch to a finale. For me, a series finale needs a moving moment to cause a collective sigh in the loyal viewer, and they got it right with this. (Even more fitting: Karen and Jack end the number by simply bumping bellys - they did the same thing after they first met in season 1). Finally, all four cast members enjoying a drink and smiling in the last scene was a happy conclusion - with a Queen song in the background about best friends. To be sure, this was no sitcom about a married couple, nor some sitcom about a wise-cracking family - it was ultimately about friendships that lasted. In that context of friendship survival, it was, to me, less of a drawn out curtain call for any and all memorable guest characters (see Seinfeld finale), and also less obvious then the Friends finale. A satisfying ending. It can be argued the show in recent years meandered down its road, but it never completely lost its footing, nor did it ever completely lose its quick wit. By ending now, and considering the dying art of the smart sitcom, I don't see how you can argue against this show.
  • A PERFECT END TO A PERFECT SITCOM!!!!

That was the best Series FInale I've seen in a long time, it was good of the writers to show the audience, what happens in the fuutre with them, i'm happy Leo and Grace got together, I'm thrilled that Vince and Will got together, and Jack and Beverly Leslie That was amazing!!!! But leading into Jack and Karen living together for twenty years and singing together! amazing! Ilove that song they sang together..... And Will's Son and Graces Daughter getting married that was amazing !

I Hope they come out with Season 5 on DVD really Really Soon because i love this show.....!
  • The most awkward writing I've seen outside of an MST3k movie!

This was an excellent series, but the finale was an absolute train wreck. There were some good jokes, such as Will kissing the homophobe in the full body cast and the short jokes about Beverly Leslie, but other than that this was the worst episode os the series I've ever seen. The plot meandered as if it wasn't actually planned out in advance (why the hell were they singing?!). Parts didn't even make sense, like Beverly Leslie flying out the window. And the last few minutes were the most cheesy drivel I've ever seen in this series.

All in all, it played out like a poor knock-off of Mad About You's series finale, which was a fantastic finale, but Will and Grace's writers really fouled this one up. Just really piss poor writing.
  • So disappointing!

5.2
    Wow! It was just so bad! I mean, when Friends did "The One that Could Have Been" episode that was similar it was funnier and not such a critical finale! Jack and Karen singing was so great but the fans don't want to see Will and Grace apart for 22 years then reunited when their kids are grown. I was thoroughly disappointed and wish there was better closure! We never even got to see Stan!
  • superb

words can not express all the emotions i felt when i saw Will & Grace finale it was by far one of my favorites episodes of them Erick, Sean, Debra, Megan all acted terfficic in this their last episode of playing Jack, Will, Grace & Karen i will surely miss them. One of my favorites highlights of the show was when Jack & Karen sing Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole's hit "Unforgettable" and also the ending it self was terrific i will surely miss seeing "Will & Grace" every thurdsay night as Julie Andrews said in Sound Of Music So Long, Farewell love the episode well acted & well written
  • A little like the finale of "Mad About You"

I have to admit I haven't been loyal to the show for about the past 2-3 years but knew I could NOT miss the ending and I was not disappointed. Yes they bounced back and forth through time and back which reminded me very much of the last episode of Mad About You. But if I was able to follow along with a 7 month old puppy pulling at my leg trying to get me to play, I don't see how anyone else couldn't keep up. Yes the 20 some odd years Grace and Will are apart might seem a little odd, but it's happened to them before, not for that long but they have fought before, they have moved out, so bringing all of that into the last episode seemed nothing more but necessary. Oh and I LOOOOOVED the little girl who played Grace's daughter! What a cutie patootey and what chemistry the two had!! Bravo to the writers, producers, and actors of Will and Grace for giving an ending that I can walk away happy from!
  • Couldn't have ended better.

Everything tied up, in a perfect little bow describes the more happy than sad ending of Will & Grace.

It begins with a nightmare of Grace's of how all them could end up- it was wuite the parody.

Will and Grace have a falling out resulting in them losing touch with each other. Grace ends up back with Leo (that was sweet) and they have a daughter Lila. Will ends up with Vince and they have a son Ben.

Jack and Karen (whose roles are now reversed in terms of finances)orchestrate a meeting for them 2 years after the fallout- they are civil with each other but the chapter of their life with each other is over. For now.

Cut to when both Lila and Ben are in college- and it replays how Will and Grace met. Through they're children they are reunited and connected again for the time to come.

The writers pulled out all the stops, for the finale. It had everything, including the prettiest bow (wrap up of every character)possibly ever on television.
  • A fitting end to a show that broke so many barriers.

I couldn't help but feel a little misty while watching the finale. I was disappointed to see Will and Grace apart for so long after their strong friendship. However, after giving it some thought I realized, that's real life. Friendships start and end and sometimes start again. I thought it was a fitting end for all the characters though. While the script was not full of belly laughs, it did manage to wrap up all of the characters' stories rather sweetly. Jack and Karen's final moment at the piano was a great send off for the two characters who will remain unforgettable. Will and Grace needed to seperate to find their happiness and fulfill their destinies, but in the end everything came out as it should and Will and Grace found one another once again. The final scenes were a nice bookend to the pilot episode. Will and Grace, while it did get silly at times, will definitely be missed from the prime time schedule in the fall.
  • I think this is the way series should end!

I was very happy the way this episode was written and acted out. Most series end and you have no idea what happens to the characters in the future. This one did not do that - it told a story of what happens to the gang in the future, we don't have to think day after day what is happening with them, like we do with Cheers, The Cosby Show, Friends etc. I read some of the bad reviews and I can't believe what people are saying. I can see why they were upset about not answering certain questions, but at least this way, it was put to bed!

Thank you to the producers, actors, directors etc for 8 great years!
  • A very memorable way to end one of the best sitcoms!

What a wonderful series finale! Will & Grace went out in style. There’s never been a show like this, and I doubt there ever will be again. I’m happy the writers didn’t conform to the usual ‘everyone moving on’ finale. Now, I know people think it’s very creative that they went into the future; and it is. But in a way (to me, anyway) that’s what could have happened. We really don’t know what happened when Will walked in on Grace kissing Leo, and what we saw through the hour wasn’t necessarily how things turned out. I guess I just don’t want Will and Grace to have been apart for 20 years. Still, the future retrospective was an excellent way to leave the series. Here’s to 8 fabulous seasons of one of the funniest, creative, daring, successful shows ever! Congratulations to the cast, crew, and NBC for such an amazing experience!
  • After the disappointing finales of Seinfeld and Friends, I was worried about how Will & Grace would end - but the show ended it's eight year run with laughter, tears, and good times.

Although the flash forwards might have nullified the opportunity for a reunion show in the future, they were well done.

The first hour was a retrospective of the show featuring highlights and bloopers, it was a great tribute to the show and made me realize how much I'm going to miss it.

The second hour started with a hilarious dream sequence and then brought us back into the present with Leo's return. The episode then flashes forward two years, Grace has reunited with Leo and is raising their daughter together, while Will and Vince have a son of their own. Will and Grace have not spoken for two years and Jack and Karen come up with a scheme to get them together.

Living separate lives, Will and Grace muse over how they had thought their friendship would last through anything that somehow they would always find each other because they were destined to be in each other's lives. Eight years later, their children are grown and meet each other on their first day of college, bringing their parents together once again.

Meanwhile Karen and Jack experience a role reversal of sorts, and in one of the most poignant moments of the episode, Karen tells Jack that their relationship for the last twenty years has lasted longer than any of her marriages and has been more satisfying. They then sing a pretty great version of "Unforgettable" together - definitely one of my favorite moments.

Overall, the finale did not disappoint. I'll really miss these characters and the show...but I'll be watching them in reruns!
  • Can't believe it's over!!

7.4
    The series finale wasn't as good as i thought it would be. It was a good wrap up to the show though. I felt it was more sad then funny. I can't believe this show is over. It was so good and funny and different. I felt that it wasn't as good as it could have been but i still like it.
  • Will and Grace have now left the building!

Well it's over, all those years of Will and Grace ended like the rest of the great shows.

This was a fitting ending to a really entertaining show, and it was also good to see the progression in a short period was kinda expected midway that the kids would meet with knowing who each other was, but it was sweet anyhow.

I even liked the rendition of Unforgettable as it seemed to give a conclusion and show that Karen does have a semi decent voice, although I still would not urge her to make a single, but for the show it was suitable.

Overall even though it's over it was worth every minute watching the show and will miss is dearly but it like many shows has run it's time.

I hope for some new shows this Fall!
  • Will & Grace has finally come to an end with tears and laughter. Grace ends up going to Leo causing Will&Grace to stop talking for two years. Then eventually they do start talking but realize things are not the same. In the end their children get married

I really enjoyed this episode. Although it wasn't really the best ever I still thought it was cute. I despised the way they stoped talking when Grace decided to be with Leo. However I enjoyed the way Jack and Karen plotted a way to get them to talk again by using a poor man wrapped up in the hospital. I didn't really enjoy the storyline of Karen going broke. However I did enjoy the story line of Grace's daughter and Will's son meeting the same way they did and found it sweet how in the end it was them two who got married in the end which showed that Will and Grace would always be together through their son and daughter.
  • The last and memorable episode of Will & Grace.

At first I was kind of dissapointed that Will and Grace didn't end up together.
    But after it all ended, it was rather quite nice to see how everthing worked out
    and how everybody was doing in the future.

The two best scenes I liked were the ones when "Ben" and "Lila" first met,
    and when Karen and Jack sang 'Unforgettable' together. It was touching! :)
    Well at least Will and Grace get to be in-laws from now. lol
    I will sure miss the gang. You guys did a fine job.
    Thank you for all of these years! Goodbye~
  • The series finale shows the futures of Will, Grace, Karen, and Jack.

This episode was so sad! Even in the comedic moments, of which there seemed to be fewer than usual, I could feel the actor\\\'s sadness to be leaving the show. However, it was well written, making the characters human and providing a nice conclusion the characters that we have come to care so much about.
< 1 2 3