Will & Grace

The Finale

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 18, 2006 on NBC

• Actually, quite unoriginal

I was looking forward to the finale. It was a major let-down. Forward flashes reminded me of "Mad About You" finale. The dream sequence was OK, but it set up a nasty mood for the rest of the finale. Bitter-sweet? Mainly bitter. The writers should have added more twists. We expected that they will go through a falling out. The only original thing IMHO was the kids scene.

After eight years of whitnessing their friendship I would really like to see some tearjerking moments. Nada.

The whole episode felt forced and contrived. Sigh.

P.S. What was going on with Rosie? What was up with Sean and Megan singing in their real voices?
  • The final episode ever... and they messed it up!!!! Why did it have to end like that????

I can not say how terribly dissapointed i was with this last episode!!! They jumped around far too much in time, and opened too many pot holes left too many unfilled. What does stan look like? How old is Karen? Why does Jack have a tattoo that says will? What happened to Elliot? Why do Jack and Karen never get loves(not counting eachother)? What happened after Will walked in on Grace and Leo? They also promised us tons of guest stars for the last episode, and the only notable one was Kevin Bacon and that was only for a minuet. I think there are a million ways in which they could have ended this series better. Like Seinfeld, they all ended up in jail, but it was a conclusion, and in the same time period. Same with Friends, they ended that byhaving all the friends leaving their jey on the counter and walking out. Sad, but conclusive, didn't open too many unanswered questions, and DIDN'T SKIP AHEAD 20 YEARS!!!! I'm sorry, i Love the show Will and Grace, i've watched it loyally for years, I even have a favourite episode(the fablous baker boy) but there are so many better ways to end a show. I want to rewind the clock two hours to hope that that really wasn't the ending, but some cruel april fools joke.
  • The most awkward writing I've seen outside of an MST3k movie!

This was an excellent series, but the finale was an absolute train wreck. There were some good jokes, such as Will kissing the homophobe in the full body cast and the short jokes about Beverly Leslie, but other than that this was the worst episode os the series I've ever seen. The plot meandered as if it wasn't actually planned out in advance (why the hell were they singing?!). Parts didn't even make sense, like Beverly Leslie flying out the window. And the last few minutes were the most cheesy drivel I've ever seen in this series.

All in all, it played out like a poor knock-off of Mad About You's series finale, which was a fantastic finale, but Will and Grace's writers really fouled this one up. Just really piss poor writing.
  • A landmark show that came in with a bang goes out with a whimper.

5.6
    I chose to watch the "CSI:" season finale versus W&G because I've not been a regular W&G viewer for a while. I don't recall when I thought the show had lost its appeal, but I've only caught it in reruns for the past 2 years or so.

Here's another show that had to double its length to indulge itself, and it wasn't pretty. Sometimes less is more. The hopping back and forth with what-ifs or whatever it is the producers did was irritating and did little for the characters. So we see into the future with W&G old and ugly, parenting some snotty teenager. Whoopee. Then it's a couple of years into the future, and Will has his own (adopted or whatever) son, and Grace has her daughter. Worse yet, years later, they meet up again @ their kids' college dorms, then their kids are getting married! Oh, puh-leeze.

Jack and Karen were caricatures of their former selves, and Rosario was more annoying than usual. Leo hardly mattered in this episode, nor did Vince.

W&G used to be at its best when it used subtle humor, but a lot of it tonight was just OTT and vulgar. I don't know, I found it disappointing to end such a good show with such a poor episode. The actors' make-up was excellent, however. As for the rest? Waste of time.
  • Too hard to digest everything.

=[
    it was sad, i didn't really like how it was done. i loved when jack and karen sang but everything else was all over the place which made it hard to keep up and keep track of. they tried to cram too much into one episode. it would have been better if it was done over two two hour lengths so they could add more detail.
  • So disappointing!

5.2
    Wow! It was just so bad! I mean, when Friends did "The One that Could Have Been" episode that was similar it was funnier and not such a critical finale! Jack and Karen singing was so great but the fans don't want to see Will and Grace apart for 22 years then reunited when their kids are grown. I was thoroughly disappointed and wish there was better closure! We never even got to see Stan!
  • Weren't they suppose to be friends?

I can't understand why the writers and producers decided to give this horrible series finale to this show.
    Will and Grace were friends, it seems pretty stupid that they didn't talk throught two years and then they waited sixteen to talk again? come on... This shows something that we didn't see throught the eight years... a weak friendship that it was broken suddenly, very stupid I would say.
    Then we find that stupid story about Jack being Beverly's couple... is any way more stupid of giving to Jack some money? It wouldn't be better killing Stan for real this time?.
    The plot was a complete disaster, they tried to give an emotive finale doing this, I think that they did a horrible mess.
    The only things that I can rescue from this is that it was still funny and Karen and Jack's perfomance of "Unforgetable".
    My real score for this episode is a 0.1 but I cannot put that score, the system doesn't allow me

• This ending RUINED the ENTIRE series for me.

I have never seen such a bad ending to a show!
    I felt insulting having watched it. It actually made me angry.

The last episode basically makes a mockery of and negates the entire series! It insults the very idea of the close bond of friendships.

I enjoyed watching the series because of Will & Grace's decades long and very close friendship. They were there for each other throughout everything and to think they would just "forget" each other and never make any time to see each other in 18 years just because they each find a spouse is incredibly sad. It makes a mockery of and devalues their friendship. Honestly it's like it went back to every previous episode and said no, none of this depth and emotion actually meant anything. That true friendship doesn't matter if you find "the right mate". Knowing the ending where they just "fall out of touch" as if they were mere aquaintances, I have a hard time watching reruns. I'm certainly no longer planning to buy any of the seasons on DVD now, I'm so angry. Seriously, still angry after all these months since I watched the finale.

I've had friends who I've known for over a decade and despite having separate lives, living in other states and some of them having kids -- we all still try to stay in touch at least in some way. So it was extremely painful and sad to see that these close friends just let each other completely go -- and not even through a fight -- just from being too apathetic to set up an occasional lunch date?
  • The final episode was quite cleverly done.

The final episode was quite cleverly done. It was pretty surprising that they had will and grace fight for so long though. I think that because all of it was crammed into one episode, that it was slightly unbelievable, but still the plotline was well thought out. I think that this storyline was slightly too similar to the previously done Will-Grace-Leo-Baby thing, but the differences made it so much better.
    Overall, this was a great way to end Will and Grace, apart from certain things, and though it played no part in the storyline, the Jack and Karen duet will be the highlight of the episode.
  • Will and Grace the show about jokes that include sex which so cool

will and grace finale

where the show end with will had a child with his boyfriends the detective and grace had a child too with Leo the doctor of the border

while Karen and Jack live together happily ever after

my opinion... great show

but it was push to be over.. well sad ending but truth reality ending... where a girl and a gay man can't live forever together..they have to move on..

well the finale episode show us that, although we're with somebody else..we can still be friends but not like it used to be

applause to all character, crew and writer, producer..
    they make tv worth to watch

well done Will and Grace
  • A PERFECT END TO A PERFECT SITCOM!!!!

That was the best Series FInale I've seen in a long time, it was good of the writers to show the audience, what happens in the fuutre with them, i'm happy Leo and Grace got together, I'm thrilled that Vince and Will got together, and Jack and Beverly Leslie That was amazing!!!! But leading into Jack and Karen living together for twenty years and singing together! amazing! Ilove that song they sang together..... And Will's Son and Graces Daughter getting married that was amazing !

I Hope they come out with Season 5 on DVD really Really Soon because i love this show.....!
  • Very good Series Finale

Wow. What to say. I am going to miss this show wholeheartedly. The series finale I'll admit had a few moments where it was confusing like the dream sequence and the whole flash-forwarding. I did enjoy how it had the usual happy ending however with Will and Grace's kids getting married, and the best part was when Jack and Karen sang "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole. I just liked how they wrapped the story up proving the fate really did bring them together, and fate would keep them together.
  • So it had to end and this is a pretty good way to go.

When I first saw this episode I was disappointed. I don't really know why. I think I was hoping it would be just as jaunty as the others, but it had some really serious moments.

SOME SPOILERS FOLLOW

Now when I watch it, I realise that it's a pretty good ending. It still has the requisite hilarious moments, but it's grounded in something bigger. I do find it hard to believe that despite what happened Will and Grace haven't spoken for two years, or that they would lose touch again.

The opening with Grace's dream about what would happen if she gave up Leo, Will gave up Vince and they brought up their wayward son together is wonderful. And the running joke that everyone gets older, except for Karen who looks the same throughout, is typical Will & Grace. Shelley Morrison deserves more recognition for her contribution to this series. And for having to wear that awful red jacket for so long. At least she gets the chance for some costume changes here!

It winds eveything up well, with Will and Grace finally able to lead lives that don't depend on each other. And they have both found happiness, which, given their track records over the seasons they really deserve.

I guess it's a little too neatly wrapped up with Lila and Ben getting together, but it's kind of a natural ending.

Will and Grace will be sorely missed. Not every single episode was a classic, but the writers did a fantastic job, and they were never anything but funny - and they make for great rewatching. I'll miss it, not only because it was a great series with a fabulous cast, but also because it was so brave in a lot of its subject matter and brought the acceptability of gay lifestyles to a mainstream audience. I'm in the UK, so we've got away with more than what I've seen from US TV over the years - though you're getting better - but somehow, not only did W&G manage to get away some very funny gay jokes, without making everything sterotypical, but it also got away with some of the closest near to the mark sex jokes I can remember, not to mention Karen's little 'rack' dances! And there aren't many shows that can attract such an array of guest stars, most willing to take the proverbial out of themselves.

So goodbye, and thanks.
  • A great ending to an even greater show

I cried - yes, I cry at every series finale that I watch - Friends, Charmed, Buffy and Will and Grace. This episode was amazing. It didn't lose it's funny touch, and I'm glad the gang turned out alright - that they hadn't lost touch, and they'd stayed the same they'd been all the show.
  • this was the worst ending

this show is really funny but i think karen and jack really make this show i would not watch if there were not in it . they are just a crack up . i think this was a stupid ending they where so close through the whole series and they wernt even on talking terms for all those years but it was good that the ended up talking . karen is so funny everything she says and does . i think they should have stayed friends all those years instead of losing contact .but it is so sad to see another good show end
  • Best series finale i have seen!

Over the past couple of years, i have watched many series finales, with all of my favourite shows coming to an end: Sex and the City, Angel, Friends, Frasier, Buffy. I have to say, the Will and Grace finale was by far the best.

The characters all came to a close, i loved the way each character got their happily ever after, after all the years of heartbreak.

Will stayed with Vince and they adopted a child, Grace stayed with Leo and had their baby, Jack lived with Beverley Leslie and inherited all of his money when he died, and Karen became broke but was supported by Jack, now that they are living together.

As Jack and Karen have been my ultimate favourite characters out of any TV show, i loved the way they ended their relationship. I loved that they lived together and i cried when they sang Unforgettable at the end. I would rate this 10 out of 10!!!!
  • The best series finale of all time.

This series finale, jumped all over the place, and I was able to keep up, because it was so well written. It ended the perfect way, with "You're My Best Friend" playing in the background, and the four of them, in current time, drinking shots in a bar, and all happy together, because they're best friends. Jack and Karen, singing "Unforgettable" (originally sung by Nat King Cole) was absolutely amazing. Will and Grace going to be in-laws and best friends. Jack will be taking care of Karen, as she took care of him for eight years. Grace is a mom w/ Leo, and Will is a dad w/ Vince. Jack and Karen creatively realizing that some people may think of them as "co-characters on the Will and Grace Show". I also like how they brought Kevin Bacon back, creative. By far, the best series finale ever. I can't wait for the DVD to come out.
  • A really different end

It came to an really amazing end which set the whole show to the top of all comedy shows ever. Faith is the power which guided will and grace thourgh the whole relationship and they finally come together again - by faith. This and the turnaround in the relationship of jack and karen (now he is the one, who get/got the money) shows the a really big moral meaning of the show. By the way, the last scene in the bar, where all 4 came toghter is really nice made. To be honest I was a little bit suprised by the rough end without showing the set and the acters again, but thats comedy life.

All in all a really great show.
  • Great series finale...

This episode is really cool, because it actually shows us the different problems even in the end between Will and Grace, where Will gets mad at Grace because of getting back with Leo, and both of them have children on their own, Ben and Lila, and toward the end the same storyline happened with them than with Will and Grace and that's really cool, except for the fact that they get married, and well the thing is that this episode was really cool...A great ending to a great series, I am going to miss this series.
  • A little like the finale of "Mad About You"

I have to admit I haven't been loyal to the show for about the past 2-3 years but knew I could NOT miss the ending and I was not disappointed. Yes they bounced back and forth through time and back which reminded me very much of the last episode of Mad About You. But if I was able to follow along with a 7 month old puppy pulling at my leg trying to get me to play, I don't see how anyone else couldn't keep up. Yes the 20 some odd years Grace and Will are apart might seem a little odd, but it's happened to them before, not for that long but they have fought before, they have moved out, so bringing all of that into the last episode seemed nothing more but necessary. Oh and I LOOOOOVED the little girl who played Grace's daughter! What a cutie patootey and what chemistry the two had!! Bravo to the writers, producers, and actors of Will and Grace for giving an ending that I can walk away happy from!
  • A wonderful ending to a wonderful show.

It was a beautiful ending. My favorite part in the whole episode was Karen and Jack singing their song together. \\\"Unforgettable\\\" truly suited them. I felt a little bad for Will and Grace, though. After being together for so long and then being parted for so long, it must have been hard. Anyway, the conclusion came together nicely and I adored the future perspectives. I won\\\'t spoil anymore!
  • What a disappointing finale....

I totally agree with some of the reviewers here. The finale -for me- was so disappointing.

The tone of the episode was "out of tune". .they tried to do it bitter-sweet, but for sure not funny.

As for the story itself it cancelled the whole storyline and the characters' character.

* Will and Grace were inseparable all these years and they just forgot each other because of their mates???? Wtf? In an episode they just forgot everything about their friendship. They didn't even give as a good and persuading reason why that happened.

* a child has just appeared no questions asked.

* not only Will and Grace didn't talk to each other, but they didn't even tell anything about their friendship to their children. Wtf again? The children had no idea of the existence of mum's/dad's bff for 20 years... GREAT!!

* as for Jack, he sold himself as a gigolo to an elderly gay, although he was lucky that he disappeared.

* Karen of course ended up with Jackie as a couple.. or not!

What a miss....
  • Will, Grace, Karen & Jack have one final hooray.

This episode fell very flat with me. I wish I knew why they went the direction they did with it. I also don\'t know quite what emotional tone they were trying to set. Overall it was just tremendously uneven. Dream sequences, future flashes, out of character song performance, and a total lack of fun. I would have preferred the story to have picked up right with the fight, and forged ahead with the story. As far as glimpses of the future go, taking a page from Six Feet Under would have been welcome, with Jack and Karen\'s song playing as the future scenes are shown. There were some wonderful moments, but the consensus here was that the retrospective hour before the finale was much more satisfying. The crazy world of Will & Grace will be missed, thank God for syndication.
  • Leo confesses his love for Grace, and they move to Rome. When both Will and Grace have children, they become friends again, but they're not close. Their kids end up at the same college, beginning a relationship that brings Will and Grace together again.

7.1
    This episode was funny, and I really liked how they tricked us with the two college students turning out to be Ben and Lyla instead of Will and Grace. However, I felt that it had big problems as well. For one thing, I definitely think that it tried to hard to tie everything up in a nice little bow. There was way too much recounting of old memories and attempting to bring everything full circle. It also didn't seem like true to the characters that we have spent so many years watching and understanding. This was a good show with a mediocre finale.
  • Great show and will miss it!

7.3
    Glad that it really was a good show though it
    Was a bittersweet as well. Will miss it and I
    Know that the actors and people working behind the scenes will move onto better things!
    Jack & Karen are singing a song and that kind of tells you that all good things must come to an end.
    Great show and thanks for eight great years!
  • After 8 years, the ground breaking series ends. Will, Will & Grace raise Grace's child together, and will Jack & Karen find true happiness?

After season 6 ended, I stopped watching the series. The jokes just weren't as funny anymore, the storylines were weak and not well thought out, and it just seemed to be dying slowly and I couldn't bare to watch it. However, during the final 4 episodes of season 8 I begun to watch it again, and yet again, it was boring. However, I felt, that in a small way, the series finale kind of picked back up. Karen was her squeaky, alcohol loving, insulting self. Jack was back to being camp from season 1-6, whilst Will & Grace were back to being what made them as lovable in earlier seasons, same applies to Karen and Jack. I rated this episode pretty low due to the fact that Grace Adler designs was never seen and I would have maybe liked Grace leaving her work for maybe her daughter to take over in. After 8 years, we still never got to see Stan which I found pretty disappointing. There were no proper guest stars, as in Joe and Larry, Will & Grace's mothers amoung other supporting actors which made the show great. Also, the episode didn't really feel full circle, they never made many reffrences to past episode or stuff and it didn't feel right to me.

I did love the dream sequence, that was funny. I enjoyed Karen's moment with the alcohol bottle and her "Virginity!!" comment. The Beverly Leslie moments were really funny. Leo returning with a lovely moment, and Grace's daughter was just great. At first I didn't know what to think, when I heard the episode would take place in the future and I thought within time it's a bad idea, the episode deserved to end in our time, in 2006 not way, way way into the future. But when watching it, it was alright I suppose.

I loved how Will & Grace's children met, exactly how Will & Grace met themselves, and then that they were getting married. The end part with Grace and Will on the phone was very sweet and I remembered back to their phone convo in season 1. The song between Karen & Jack was, in my eyes, the best moment in that show. Those two were by far the better characters in that show, and watching them sing a song which summed those two up was perfect. Also, it wasn't Jack looking at Karen and Jack singing to Karen, or Karen looking at Jack and Karen singing to Jack. It was Sean and Megan looking and singing to each other. You could see it in their eyes and the way they sung, they were emotional but it was the best moment I thought. Then they bumped their bellies together and that was the true icing on the show, as that was the first, noun normal, thing the pair did together.

The closing moments wasn't very good, until the very end when the music played and they all kiss their respective pair, smiled and laughed at each other. I would have liked it to be at the apartment, but the bar kind of made perfect sense.

So, not the best finale in the world, but it was alright. Buffy's still wins, then Friends, then Charmed and then Will & Grace. Lets see how Smallville does next year figuring it might be their last season.
  • Good but not great

The show ended on a sweet note. It picked up where last week's episode left off. The episode moved two years in to the future after that showing Will and Grace not speaking and realizing their friendship came to an end. It ended with Grace's daughter and Will's son meeting and getting married. A sweet ending to a good show.
  • The series finale shows the futures of Will, Grace, Karen, and Jack.

This episode was so sad! Even in the comedic moments, of which there seemed to be fewer than usual, I could feel the actor\\\'s sadness to be leaving the show. However, it was well written, making the characters human and providing a nice conclusion the characters that we have come to care so much about.
  • A perfect ending

Lordy be, I'm going to miss this show. Will and Grace were destined to be together, and i'm glad they still are. The way that Jack and Karen sang "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole, it was really touching. Another touching moment in my opinion is when the son and daughter met in college, had that feeling that they were going to get married, and Will and Grace would really stay together! Life works in mysterious ways. :Sigh: Thursday nights are not going to be the same anymore. I wept like a baby, well not wept like a baby, just tears. It was really sad. Long live Will and Grace!
  • Will and Grace have now left the building!

Well it's over, all those years of Will and Grace ended like the rest of the great shows.

This was a fitting ending to a really entertaining show, and it was also good to see the progression in a short period was kinda expected midway that the kids would meet with knowing who each other was, but it was sweet anyhow.

I even liked the rendition of Unforgettable as it seemed to give a conclusion and show that Karen does have a semi decent voice, although I still would not urge her to make a single, but for the show it was suitable.

Overall even though it's over it was worth every minute watching the show and will miss is dearly but it like many shows has run it's time.

I hope for some new shows this Fall!
< 1 2 3