Will & Grace

The Finale

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 18, 2006 on NBC

• Graceful conclusion indeed.

Okay, first things first, so the writers took several rides on the time machine in this episode. Furthermore, it didn't help these sequences feel more legitimate with an opening scene of Grace's dream of the future. But, nonetheless, there were several humorous moments - c'mon, to insert a quick jab at NBC's only "must-see" tv show that will live on beyond W&G (E.R., which will no doubt bow out less gracefully then this) was one of several worthy moments that blended well with the overall melodrama. Plus, the twist of Karen going broke and Jack returning the favor by sharing his newfound endless wealth, after all the years ... it worked. It demonstrated the strong life bond that developed between Karen and Jack from season 1, and the episode certainly proved the undying life bond between Will and Grace. All in all, the conclusion successfully set forth two sets of best friends that will laugh far into the future, and will laugh collectively as a group as well. I have to say, the last five minutes (the crucial moments of a finale for me), with the duet of Karen and Jack at the piano - left me very, very pleased. Not just because Megan and Sean can sing very well, but they sang with such conviction and true feeling. The lyrics, the moment, the look in their eyes was the perfect touch to a finale. For me, a series finale needs a moving moment to cause a collective sigh in the loyal viewer, and they got it right with this. (Even more fitting: Karen and Jack end the number by simply bumping bellys - they did the same thing after they first met in season 1). Finally, all four cast members enjoying a drink and smiling in the last scene was a happy conclusion - with a Queen song in the background about best friends. To be sure, this was no sitcom about a married couple, nor some sitcom about a wise-cracking family - it was ultimately about friendships that lasted. In that context of friendship survival, it was, to me, less of a drawn out curtain call for any and all memorable guest characters (see Seinfeld finale), and also less obvious then the Friends finale. A satisfying ending. It can be argued the show in recent years meandered down its road, but it never completely lost its footing, nor did it ever completely lose its quick wit. By ending now, and considering the dying art of the smart sitcom, I don't see how you can argue against this show.
  • The essence of the series was put into this episode.

There was little that anyone could do in order to make the series finale more spectacular than the show. The one thing that the writers were able to do was return to the main theme of the show: fate and friendship. The idea that Will and Grace were destined to be a part of each others lives is a common theme, and shows up numerous times in the finale. The idea that they always considered themselves to be family but never were was solved in the marriage between their children. Even Jack and Karen wound up together, and things worked out. I love happy endings and I love that this show tied up lose ends and was definitely a happily ever after.
  • This bittersweet series finale sees Will and Grace going their separate ways after Grace has her baby girl.

This finale presents many different options for Will and Grace's lives, starting with Grace's nightmare about the future for them if these two stay together and raise Grace's baby.

This is a very bittersweet series finale. There are not very many laughs going on in the finale. And I question the fact that Will and Grace would drift apart that much, but then I remember that life gets in the way of our plans.

That ending when Jack and Karen were singing was absolutely incredible. I was so glad to hear Karen sing. Megan Mullaly has such a beautiful voice. And Sean Hayes really has a good voice when he's not completely hamming it up as Jack. And "Unforgettable" is such an appropriate song for this series. And, the final scene where they meet up at the bar is a great shout-out to the pilot episode.

All and all, it was such a classy ending to a great show, although it wasn't hilariously funny.
  • Will, Grace, Karen & Jack...a show that will be in my heart always.

Amazing ending. The dream sequence was funny. Will bald, and Grace fat. Karen didn't aged a bit. Jack married with Kevin Bacon, lol! It was good.

I think Grace did the right choice. Being with the man she loves, the father of her baby, Leila. I mean it's all for the best. Will may have been angry, but it worked out in the end. Will & Grace are happily in love, raising terrific children with their love ones.

Karen is now poor because of the divorce with Stan, and Beverly Leslie wants Jack as his new business associate. I mean it's understandable that Karen wanted for Jack to take care of her 'cause she took cared of him all those years, but like she said, Jack didn't loved him like Karen did for Stan. They ended up with eachother, and didn't found love like Will and Grace. In the 8 years, Karen was married and Jack slept around, and it was W&G who was living together. Now it's the other way around.

The ending was sweet. Will & Grace talked over the phone like the first scene of the pilot, and going to that bar that they kissed: precious! The last scene with the four of them was sad, it was like, the show's really over...

Great ending ! I'm sad it's over, but in a way, I'm glad that the show existed, and got 8 incredible and amazing years with Eric/Will, Debra/Grace, Sean/Jack & Megan/Karen. They'll be greatly missed...
  • Best episode of W&G and one of the best finale's ever.

The main thing I like about this episode was that it was realistic. W&G couldn't have lived together forever and would have drifted apart. It was also really funny! lol. Grace's dream was histerical and Beverley Leslie is always first-class... especially his introductions (The best one being the gay penguin!). This episode didn't try to be poltical or ground-breaking because it doesn't need to be any more. W&G did help change American television and it shows in the later episodes where there's not one gay kiss per season, or gay relationships don't last, etc. etc. etc. So, what i'm trying to say is that this episode felt very natural and real, which the writers and producers should be proud of. Grace wasn't her extreme selfish disgrace she sometimes became and Will wasn't the depressed unlucky-in-love labelled gay guy that was sometimes illustrated. All in all, tremendous episode. The best.
  • Nice, touching, but slightly disappointing.

To begin with, this was a VERY sad episode, especially the ending. But, that doesn\\\'t make it a good episode. Though some parts were funny, I have seen episodes that were MUCh funiier and that didn\\\'t rely on the toilet humour Will&Grace seem to have desperately integrated into the show.
    The teaser, that stupid dream, was a complete waste of time and was only used for cheap laughs. They could have established the fact that Grace didn\\\'t want to end up a sad, sorrowful woman with Will w/o having a dream sequence where Grace has a giant ass. Was that really integral to the plot?
    I think the whole time-jumping thing was equally annoying. Though it was nice to see how they turned out in the end, it would have been better as a linear episode.
    The ending was also a little disappointing. I\'m glad that their kids ended up together, but the last seen in the bar was a little preachy, and it ended with them all being young again. Not that I didn\\\'t like it, but it totally broke the fourth wall and made the ending seem intanglible. It just seemed like it was all nostalgic fun with no substance.

• I will sorely miss this show!

Yes, will and grace has had more than a few ups and downs in the past couple of years, but no matter what happend i have always laughed. The show had a rough middle patch, but this last season has gotten some good laughs out of it. The live episodes were great. Regardless of some of the poorly written episodes and way to many guest stars, the show did shine. The cast was always fantastic. The show would not have been the same without them. They all had real chemistry and a great sense of humor. This episode returns to some of the earlier episodes quality. I thought it was original and a classy way to end the show. I will sorely miss this show and am sad that every sitcom worth watching has now left TV! wheres the laughter?
  • Finale in any show never go great, but Will and Grace did better than most.

This episode did one thing very right, it gave us chane to say goodbye properly, have all the charecter have thie shining moments. It managed to cover a lot of ground and managed to answer a lot of questions fans would wonder about.

Best of all it managed to be unpredictable, and do many things you werent expecting. Amoungst all of this it managed to have good comedy throughout.

In this episode more than all before it, Will and Graces relationship was well told, and moving, Messing, for someone who often can be seen to not be able to contain herself, pulled of some very good acting!

Finales never go down well, but this show did it better than most and certainly pulled out all the stops.
  • 22 years apart? I won't stand for it.

I will admit, this was much better than the disappointingly predictable "Friends" finale. But, how could they be apart for that long? I can't believe that Will and Grace would just let their friendship lapse like that and not see each other for sooooo long. Like Will said, in that French film they saw in college the man and woman kept missing each other and then they met on a plane because that was how it was destined to be, but why would destiny want Will and Grace to be apart for that long?
    The Jack and Karen storyline was really great. They ended up in a role reversal where Jack was rich and he supported Karen, which was sweet and it showed that he really does love her, he wasn't just there for the money as it sometimes seemed. It was also so great when they sang together- when they touched stomachs after the song I burst into tears :'(
    Another great moment was when Will and Grace were on the phone at the end and the way it parallelled with the pilot: they were both alone, watching TV, George Clooney was mentioned. If only there had been a "Say 'Goodnight, Gracie,'" then it would have been perfect.
    One thing that I choose to take out of the finale is that it may not be true. After it said "two years later" and they weren't speaking I kept thinking "maybe this is just Will's nightmare- they can't be apart like that, it makes no sense." But of course, it wasn't. However, in the very last scene when they toast, it goes back to them at the ages they were at the beginning of the episode, so I choose to believe that it wasn't real (of course, it's a TV show, but I mean it wasn't how Will and Grace ended up) and that the producers/writers were saying "this is how we see them ending up, what do you think?" It's a strange analysis, I'm aware, but it makes me feel better. In my mind, they'll always be together- they'll end up how Karen and Jack did, together and happy. Or at least if Will and Grace are with Vince and Leo, respectively, then maybe they can just live across the hall again and still be best friends. If Will and Grace can't stay together...
    Also, could there be a more perfect song? Oh, Queen...
  • bye bye will and grace

OMIGOD!!!!!! love the 'unforgetable' song between jack and karen. This was just the best end to any series. The last bit where there taking shots on the bar and hey turn younger and they are laughing. The best bit of the finale was how it happend to will and grace's kids and how they got together the same way grace and will did oooooooooooo just love it. Also loved the way that they all aged and karen hadnt changed a bit you've got to love karen, goodbye will and grace
  • This was a great close for one of the greatest series i have ever seen.

I read peoples other reviews saying that this wasn't a good ending. Also i read that after 18 years of friendship they just cant forget about each other...Umm hello didn't u watch the last 2 episodes. Grace was pregnant Will said he would be there for her just like he was the bays father. Then Leo comes along and grace chooses the love of her life over her best friend.....Of course there gonna get angry and basically leave each other. Friendships do end. why would u think it was ridiculous. The show is about showing a realistic view of and gay man and a hags life with a touch of humor. that pretty normal to me! and they don't just forget about each other, they think about each other everyday. it shows this when its Wills birthday and Leo ask grace aren't u gonna call him and she knew exactly who he was talking about..now to me that says she cant stop thinking about him. There was no forgetting. But they got back together as nearly every friendship does when its meant to be. Yes it was different to there little tisks that they over react to. but ask yourself, have you gone on for 18 years without having one major fight with your best friend? I think people have to re watch the episodes and the Finale and really look thoroughly in the show and really make sense of whats happening. i've watched the finale 5 times and i still don't fully understand it, but i get it enough xD
    I absolutely LOVED the FINALE and i LOVE WAG!!
    Keep re watching them, you can never stop laughing xD
    Peace Out
    MickAy!
  • A very memorable way to end one of the best sitcoms!

What a wonderful series finale! Will & Grace went out in style. There’s never been a show like this, and I doubt there ever will be again. I’m happy the writers didn’t conform to the usual ‘everyone moving on’ finale. Now, I know people think it’s very creative that they went into the future; and it is. But in a way (to me, anyway) that’s what could have happened. We really don’t know what happened when Will walked in on Grace kissing Leo, and what we saw through the hour wasn’t necessarily how things turned out. I guess I just don’t want Will and Grace to have been apart for 20 years. Still, the future retrospective was an excellent way to leave the series. Here’s to 8 fabulous seasons of one of the funniest, creative, daring, successful shows ever! Congratulations to the cast, crew, and NBC for such an amazing experience!
  • I think this is the way series should end!

I was very happy the way this episode was written and acted out. Most series end and you have no idea what happens to the characters in the future. This one did not do that - it told a story of what happens to the gang in the future, we don't have to think day after day what is happening with them, like we do with Cheers, The Cosby Show, Friends etc. I read some of the bad reviews and I can't believe what people are saying. I can see why they were upset about not answering certain questions, but at least this way, it was put to bed!

Thank you to the producers, actors, directors etc for 8 great years!
  • A fitting end to a show that broke so many barriers.

I couldn't help but feel a little misty while watching the finale. I was disappointed to see Will and Grace apart for so long after their strong friendship. However, after giving it some thought I realized, that's real life. Friendships start and end and sometimes start again. I thought it was a fitting end for all the characters though. While the script was not full of belly laughs, it did manage to wrap up all of the characters' stories rather sweetly. Jack and Karen's final moment at the piano was a great send off for the two characters who will remain unforgettable. Will and Grace needed to seperate to find their happiness and fulfill their destinies, but in the end everything came out as it should and Will and Grace found one another once again. The final scenes were a nice bookend to the pilot episode. Will and Grace, while it did get silly at times, will definitely be missed from the prime time schedule in the fall.
  • The finale. That about covers it.

Best. Finale. Ever. In History. Put Friends to shame. Seinfeld certainly never stood a chance. I absolutely loved the way that all the loose ends were tied up so far into the future. I have to say though, when Karen and Jack sang, I cried. And didn't really stop until the credits ran across the bottom of my television screen. Not only was the episode well-written, but I think we all really appreciated the fact that it didn't turn out as expected. No one could've predicted those "flash-forwards," and while Will & Grace never got together, they will always be a part of each other's lives. And ours.
  • It's over...and what a way to go!

It wasn't how I imagined it would be. But it was still the perfect ending.

Did I want Grace to end up with Leo? No. But apparently he still loves her and he makes her happy.

Vince and Will? All systems go.

It seemed ironic that Karen and Jack would end up with just each other, seeing as throughout the series Karen usually had a man and Jack had about 3.

But it was beautifully done, and the two singing "Unforgettable" was superb.

I have to say my favorite moment was when, with no warning Ben and Lila are in college... I thought (as I'm sure most fans did) that they were showing Will and Grace and I'm screaming in my head "Nooo that's not how they met!! Stop rewriting the series!" but then I realized and I gasped just like the studio audience did - It was so chilling and touching.

Will and Grace's kids getting married is the PERFECT ending.

I couldn't be happier with that.

Emtional, a little funny, mostly bittersweet.

Goodbye Will & Grace.

You will be deeply missed.
  • Can't believe it's over!!

7.4
    The series finale wasn't as good as i thought it would be. It was a good wrap up to the show though. I felt it was more sad then funny. I can't believe this show is over. It was so good and funny and different. I felt that it wasn't as good as it could have been but i still like it.
  • Will and Grace missed the mark with this one.

Disappointing only to how amazing it really could have ended. It's not the fact that its ending that caused me such grief. I was happy to see the cast of Will and Grace take their final bow, in fact I was happy for them, looking forward to being apart of their exit. Though this season has been lacking in the original Will and Grace humor and storyline the series seem to redeem itself with the episode prior "Whatever Happen to Baby Gin." So I will admit I was expecting a lot out of the finale. Am I wrong for expecting much out of Will and Grace? I don\'t think so. Will and Grace was a brilliant comedic series and thus it demanded a extraordinary ending, yet instead of switching the switch to the off position leaving people longing for the light the finale of Will and Grace fizzled as on a dimmer which leaves the room with this annoying glow. For most sitcoms this glow would have been acceptable but for Will and Grace it resulted into a less than spectacular curtain call. The problem with the finale as I see it is that Will and Grace tried to take itself, and these characters too seriously. This problem with the episode is exemplified in the rendition of "Unforgettable" that Karen and Jack sang at the end of the show. I kept waiting for the zany duo to change the lyrics or the tune or bust into a Cher cover to make it into a joke, but the joke never came. They just sung the song. And they did it with non-ironic sincerity. There was a serious lack of comedy in this finale. So unbelievable to the point where it was even unbelievable. During the flashbacks they showed that unlike other comedies, Will and Grace were actually able get into serious fights without losing the love and humor between them that has always been able to bring them through whatever. I don't understand why the writers expected the audience to believe that 2 years went by before Will and Grace made up after Grace decided that she wanted the father of her baby to be involved with its life. Oh how cruel! It just seemed highly out of character. Though I love, love, love the character of Beverly Leslie; all of Stan's money was barrowed? Huh? Benji and Beverly are not together anymore? What? The audience of Will and Grace deserved something more than what was given. Unfortunately it wasn't given to us by this finale on one Thursday in May of 2006.
  • To me this was a dissapointing end to a great show.

6.8
    I find the ending to this show very bizarre. It just didn\'t feel like Will and Grace. Although some parts were touching, like when Jack and Karen sang or when Will and Grace were talking to their husbands about the other, overall it just didn\'t seem to flow. Since the show traveled over time it felt jumpy and incomplete. When I saw that it had been two years since Will and Grace had seen each other I was surprised, but then when it was 20 years until they saw each other again after that? It just wasn\'t believable to me. However, this finale still had it\'s strong points, and it is not one that turned me off from the show. Will and Grace is still a wonderful show.
  • This is the series finale where all questions are answered.

This episode was very disappointing. When a show has being going strong for 8 seasons you expect it to go out with a bang. First off, the episode started off being very confusing. You didnt know what was actually going on and what actually happened between Will and Grace. It was good that they had Grace end up with Leo and Will with Vince but the rest of the ending was so cliche. The fact that they had their kids end up getting married was so predictable. I think that it was a huge let down. They could have came up with something so much better.
  • A great end to the series and very sad!

This is more of just a musings on some points made about the finale that I decided to express my views on. A proper review will follow soon.
    My opinion on the finale was that is was a great end to the series, but I think the thing that made it a little wierd was that it wasnt what I was expecting. The whole flashing forward in time thing really threw me a little. I guess I would have preferred if it had been left to us the viewers to decide what happened to them in the future.
    As for Will and Grace not talking for all that time, the way I took it was that by Grace taking Leo back and deciding to raise the baby with him, it was a complete and utter betrayal in Will's eyes. Will had seen how Leo had hurt Grace in the past and I think on some level he still harboured some hate towards him. I do believe that he wanted Grace to be happy, but after taking care of her all those years and being there for her and being willing to give up the love of his life for her, she throws it all back in his face by leaving him to deal and her go off with Leo.
    On the other hand though, I do think that Grace did the right thing. I mean when she did it she wasnt exactly deciding to leave Will forever and go off with Leo. She was just deciding to live her life with Leo in the foreground and I'm sure she still wanted Will in her life. I think it was the argument which occurred over this that caused them to part ways.
    I do think it was important for Will and Grace to have a big bust up like that in order to show that their friendship was forever enduring. That may sound a little contradictory, but the fact that they had such a big argument so as to cause them not to speak for 20 years, and then to STILL come back to each other in the end, just shows that their friendship could endure anything and that they were meant for each other.
    I also think it was important that they went off and had their own lives. They were both a big part of each other's lives for so long and as much as that meant to them, they were both always searching for the one, and after so many attempts (no matter what you're view on the subject) Grace felt that she had found the one in Leo. I mean, what was she expected to do? Find the one and then just say 'hey found him, ah well!'. She found him and naturally she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, and so she should. She didnt want to exclude Will from her life by making this decision, but evidently both Will and Grace came to that conclusion together during the course of the argument.
    As for Karen and Jack, I think it was right for them to end up together. It was clear that Karen deep down needed someone there for her and after Stan, it was pretty unlikely that she would find someone else. Jack on the other hand has always needed someone to take care of him, and after searching for the man to do that, he finally realised that he had that person all along in Karen. There was something really sad though, about seeing Jack grown old and not be his usual naive self. I mean sure, he had finally grown up and could now take care of Karen like she had done for him, but it just seemed a little strange, almost like having to get used to a whole new character somehow.
    Ultimately, I think the finale was very well done, in the time-frame that they had and with all the material that they managed to include. I think that the main point of the finale was that Will and Grace had been through so much together and been searching for love and that finally they realised that they could have both the love of a man and a family, but that also, they would always have the love for each other and that when all said and done, a friendship like their's never really ends.
  • Click below link, or read on to find out (detailed summary) *Warning Spoliers Follow*

The season finale, after 8 years, it's finally here. Ok, here's an overview of the episode... Grace is having a nightmare about she and Will growing old and caring for Grace's child. She has a huge A** and he's balding, Jack married Kevin Bacon, and Karen's maid Rosario (now a man) is her lover. Luckily she wakes up. Then Leo returns and she and he hook back up. *Two Years Later* Grace and Leo are raising there daughter Lila and Will and Vince are raising there son Ben. They aren't talking due to Grace leaving. Karen and Jack hook them back up in a hospital and the friendship starts back up agian. In the background, Karen is broke, so Jack goes out with the Beverley until he dies falling off the patio, Jack inherits all the money. Next we see two people, one a red head, the other brown. They've just met in college and instantly fall in love... at first we think it's a flashback to when Will and Grace first met, but instead turns out to be Ben and Lila. This leads to Will and Grace, who are helping there kids move in, meet once more. Jack and Karen are living together, and Ben and Lelah are to be married. We end with the whole gang sitting at a bar drinking shots. A spectalcular ending to a wonderful show, filled with twists and turns.
  • Perfect. The most perfect way to end this series. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. This finale redeemed the last few seasons and reminded me why I loved this show in the first place.

I thought this was a great episode. So many time a series ends and you think "But what happens next?" Will and Grace didn't do that and the episode takes them into their sixties.

I also thought this was a realistic way for the show to end. In real life friends don't live together forever and do everything together forever. They grow apart and lose track of each other and then meet up one day, lose track again and if they're lucky fate will reunite them. I thought it may have been a little far-fetched that their children went to the same college, but if it was Will and Grace's alma mater then I wouldn't be surprised.

I loved how the Jack and Karen story ended, With them singing a sweet song (and she sings so well!) that it made them seem all grown-up and adult-like... and then they bump tummies like the first time they met.

O also loved the parallels between Vince and Leo. They seemed to be saying the same things to their wives at the same time, as if they were the sane ones in the relationships. I also loved the exchange between Grace and Leo about Lila, how Grace kept blaming things on the baby. Typical Grace. I love how they never changed her into a real girl… that she was always this crude gross woman (as she admits to Leo).

I also loved how they didn’t show the exchange between Will and grace after Leo came back. I think it was better to leave it to the imagination. We all can assume what happens, but it was nice that the finale wasn’t clouded with a big fight and instead hoped into the future.

And I'm so glad that Kevin Bacon was only in the dream. I couldn't figure out how he would fit into the episode, and I breathed a sigh of relief when he just had that tiny part.

And those kids to play their kids! Wow! At first I thought it would be a flashback to them entering college (Will and grace, not their children). But those kids were perfect. And they got married! And grace paid! Just as it should be!

I thought the final moment of the finale were perfect. With Will and Grace on the phone (As the first show opened) and at the bar having drinks (as the first show ended). Although it was a little contrived (“Let’s go to the bar when I didn’t get married”) but it was fitting. And I loved the transition from the old characters to the young characters in the same location in the same clothes after saying that nothing has changed. Priceless. Perfect. A terrific finale.

• The last and memorable episode of Will & Grace.

At first I was kind of dissapointed that Will and Grace didn't end up together.
    But after it all ended, it was rather quite nice to see how everthing worked out
    and how everybody was doing in the future.

The two best scenes I liked were the ones when "Ben" and "Lila" first met,
    and when Karen and Jack sang 'Unforgettable' together. It was touching! :)
    Well at least Will and Grace get to be in-laws from now. lol
    I will sure miss the gang. You guys did a fine job.
    Thank you for all of these years! Goodbye~
  • A dissapoiting end to a funny series

Wow...now I know what happened to the parts of the Mad About You Finale the writers didn't use.

I have been a bit behind in watching Will and Grace; at this point, I have only seen half of this last season so far. But, I was aware of what has been going on, and so I wasn't to shocked by the events at the end.

What I was disappointed in was the blant use of a last guest star for the show. No, I am not referring to the appearance of Harry Conick Jr; no, I am talking about Kevin Bacon making an appearance as Jack's bride (?)...groom(?)...whatever. The guy has had one appearance on the show; isn't that enough. (And to further add to the suffering, it seemed like EVERY commerical break had Kevin shooting mock baskets in Hanes commericals. Oh, how far you have fallen, Kevin...)

As for the future sequences- well, it was nice seeing how Will and Grace moved on; but I was a bit surprised when Grace's daughter and Will's son were the same age. I was under the impression that Grace was pregnant and was to give birth soon, and that Will's son was born from an surrogate mother, which would mean that either the mystery woman was already pregnant with the child, or that Grace held on to the baby for QUIET a while longer after the two parted ways. (Or a worse case, as they used in Mad About You- Grace had a miscarriage and that she got re-pregnant during their years apart).

What I was glad to see was how, at the end, it was Grace and Will, talking on the phone together, while watching TV, just like how the series started (minus the whole- Gang drinking in the bar part).

And don't get me started on the Jack/ Karen part- yes, I can see them moving in together and living their lives in sex free bliss...but what was the need to have Karen singing at the end!!! Although the belly bump was a nice finish.

Overall, I was a bit disappointed in the ending; but then again, I still think on the better ending of a show was Star Trek:TNG, when the crew are still all together, playing cards, and ready for the next challenge around the bend. No big send offs, no good byes, no changes in the cast futures. (Also, I liked the ending of St. Elsewhere, but for different reasons).
  • Come on, already. Seriously messed up.

4.5
    Eight years, waiting for... *this?*

I know we all didn't want it to end. I guess it had to. As the man used to sing, "Nothing lasts forever."

However, I don't think I'm out of place having hoped for something better than the end result.

Some of the plot points were good-- it was nice to see the storyline for Jack wrap up by continuing his current success-- but the business about the future for the respective children of the title characters was beyond absurd. It calls to mind the infamously bad plot resolutions of 'Dallas' and 'Newhart.'

Overall, the decisions put me in mind of some weird parallel universe where the audience gets what the show creators *think* we wanted... but it all just leaves a bad aftertaste for me.

Think I'll rinse and spit.
  • I'm gonna say exactly what I think and that is that it royally sucked!!!!!

3.2
    To me and to a bunch of others this seemed like a absolutly horrid ending to the best show in the universe! I hated it not only because it was the last time I was gonna see a new episode but because it blew. Don't get me wrong I still cried, who didn't. But really it could have went alot better. To tell you the truth I really wnted to see the to of them living happy togather but I mean I never saw the whole thing coming. It hit me in my chest. Hard. I only have bad thngs to say about this episode. I still stick with the show, I always will. All I'm sayin is that alot of people were counting down to the closing of the show and almost everyone was either disapointed or angry. The entire show was a collasal let down and theres nothing to do about it.
  • Brilliant sad and almost makes up for being unwatchable for the last four years

The show bravely an beautifully finally addresses the main issue with the will and grace show and that being that their relationship is a toxic crutch that prevents either of them from moving on and finding happiness in lasting relationships.

The bitter pill is that in order to move on their friendship must end in bitterness and recrimination and while they do finally get lives of there own and even grow as people(willl no longer so anal and grace a bit more anal)its still sad to see as much as it is heart-warming.

They took a real risk with this ending and it paid off brilliantly even though they barely speak for 20 years in the flash forwards its nice to see them still having so much love for each other even if they can never be what they once were.

Times change so do people

will and grace is the story of two people who grew apart and became better for it.

A remarkable complex and adult ending requiring multiple viewings

ENJOY

• Meet Will and Grace: They're not a couple of best friends, they're FAMILY!!

And thats really the silver linining to the Finale. Yes it was sad that they didn't talk for 20 years(almost the same amount of time they were best friends 1985-2006), but now fate has brought them back together and they became family. And i believe that if they didnt lose touch thier children would have never gotten together.

Another thing that i loved about this eppisode was the connection to eppisodes of the past. Of course everyone knows about the connection to the polit but there were other connections. First was the dream fight with Will that Grace had. The F@g-hag banter resembled the eppy that involved Will and Grace's professor when he stayed friends for too long. Another connection comes in during seasons three's eppy Coffee and Commitment. Where during the wedding Will states that he "wants that not this" reffering to a husband and a child, not just grace.

Overall it was a great show and a great eppy.
  • Nossa... esse foi um final muito inesperado porém muito bom!!

Na Minha opnião este foi um dos melhores episódios, aliás, o melhor, tudo acaba inesperadamente bem, o final que eu mais gostei foi o do Jack com a Karen, aquele sim foi ótimo, porém o do Will e da Grace foram totalmente inesperados..., eu gostaria que os dois ficassem juntos, ou pelo menos no mesmo prédio... , mas..., pena que não sou eu quem escrevo a série, se não seria totalmente diferente desse final..., mesmo assim vou dar essa nota porque eu acho mais do que justo dar a melhor nota para a melhor série que já existiu em toda a façe da Terra..., pena que só durou 8 Temporadas por que por mim poderi durar 200 que eu assistiria todas!!!

Will & Grace ----A Mlehor Série de Todos os Tempos----

Acho que depois dessa a NBC vai perder todinha a audiência!!! (LOL)...

SP, 05/06/07, Cauê :)