Will & Grace

The Finale

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 18, 2006 on NBC

• Nice, touching, but slightly disappointing.

To begin with, this was a VERY sad episode, especially the ending. But, that doesn\\\'t make it a good episode. Though some parts were funny, I have seen episodes that were MUCh funiier and that didn\\\'t rely on the toilet humour Will&Grace seem to have desperately integrated into the show.
    The teaser, that stupid dream, was a complete waste of time and was only used for cheap laughs. They could have established the fact that Grace didn\\\'t want to end up a sad, sorrowful woman with Will w/o having a dream sequence where Grace has a giant ass. Was that really integral to the plot?
    I think the whole time-jumping thing was equally annoying. Though it was nice to see how they turned out in the end, it would have been better as a linear episode.
    The ending was also a little disappointing. I\'m glad that their kids ended up together, but the last seen in the bar was a little preachy, and it ended with them all being young again. Not that I didn\\\'t like it, but it totally broke the fourth wall and made the ending seem intanglible. It just seemed like it was all nostalgic fun with no substance.