Will & Grace

The Finale

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 18, 2006 on NBC

• A landmark show that came in with a bang goes out with a whimper.

5.6
    I chose to watch the "CSI:" season finale versus W&G because I've not been a regular W&G viewer for a while. I don't recall when I thought the show had lost its appeal, but I've only caught it in reruns for the past 2 years or so.

Here's another show that had to double its length to indulge itself, and it wasn't pretty. Sometimes less is more. The hopping back and forth with what-ifs or whatever it is the producers did was irritating and did little for the characters. So we see into the future with W&G old and ugly, parenting some snotty teenager. Whoopee. Then it's a couple of years into the future, and Will has his own (adopted or whatever) son, and Grace has her daughter. Worse yet, years later, they meet up again @ their kids' college dorms, then their kids are getting married! Oh, puh-leeze.

Jack and Karen were caricatures of their former selves, and Rosario was more annoying than usual. Leo hardly mattered in this episode, nor did Vince.

W&G used to be at its best when it used subtle humor, but a lot of it tonight was just OTT and vulgar. I don't know, I found it disappointing to end such a good show with such a poor episode. The actors' make-up was excellent, however. As for the rest? Waste of time.