Will & Grace

The Finale

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 18, 2006 on NBC

• This ending RUINED the ENTIRE series for me.

I have never seen such a bad ending to a show!
    I felt insulting having watched it. It actually made me angry.

The last episode basically makes a mockery of and negates the entire series! It insults the very idea of the close bond of friendships.

I enjoyed watching the series because of Will & Grace's decades long and very close friendship. They were there for each other throughout everything and to think they would just "forget" each other and never make any time to see each other in 18 years just because they each find a spouse is incredibly sad. It makes a mockery of and devalues their friendship. Honestly it's like it went back to every previous episode and said no, none of this depth and emotion actually meant anything. That true friendship doesn't matter if you find "the right mate". Knowing the ending where they just "fall out of touch" as if they were mere aquaintances, I have a hard time watching reruns. I'm certainly no longer planning to buy any of the seasons on DVD now, I'm so angry. Seriously, still angry after all these months since I watched the finale.

I've had friends who I've known for over a decade and despite having separate lives, living in other states and some of them having kids -- we all still try to stay in touch at least in some way. So it was extremely painful and sad to see that these close friends just let each other completely go -- and not even through a fight -- just from being too apathetic to set up an occasional lunch date?