Will & Grace

The Kid Stays Out Of The Picture (1)

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Oct 10, 2002 on NBC

• Summary? All I gotta say is WOW!

I rated this 8.5 because thats what it deserves as a show itself. But on the quality of the show, if compared with the rest, it deserves a 10. Its the best episode i've seen so far. The conversations were so original and realistic at the end but ofcourse not in the beginning.

Will is preparing to be a father, getting cradles and stuff. In short he was preparing for father-hood. And the jokes were slot in to make his character funny. Typical? Yeh!

Grace on the other hand kissed Leo (...sometime before this episode...apparently) and she's contemplating if she really wants to get inseminated the next day, since she has someone new in a life.

Will figures out (through Jack) that he's pressurizing Grace and Grace was acting funny. she finally decides to tell Will about Leo but doesnt because Will jumps into conclusion. And typical of Grace she didnt tell Will the truth.

They bought each other gifts they didnt like and they both returned it, pissed each other off...just typical Will and Grace stuff.

But BAM outta no where both of them start fighting. And not the normal kindda fighting we see on the show, but a very realistic one. I saw the episode and i was so thrilled because there has never been a show that have characters fight like that...over their ordinary lives and show so much emotion.

It was such a moving episode. And to make the fight have some kindda credibility, they didnt try to make any funny jokes or anything. They even had Jack and Karen go out. It was great.

This is the first time, i actually see the writer put something original and simple into the plot and Debra and Will acted it so well. You could actually see the viens on Eric's neck as he was talking.

Will was gave Grace an ultimatum that she has to get inseminated the next day or never. But Grace wanted a month to see how things go with Leo. Even without watching past season 7, we all know it would lead no where. Will puts this in speach, with sarcasm ofcourse, but made it realistic. And Grace also made a note of how Will likes to see her miserable because that gives assurance that he has a companion in his lonely life. (because he feels he cant find someone blah blah)

In the end, Will kicks her out. (But for how long do you even expect that to last)

And what was with the white shirt Grace was wearing? I was like girl button up you look like a 12 year old boy.
  • Season 5, Episode 3.

Grace is so entranced by her budding romantic relationship with a handsome doctor that she asks an impatient Will for an extra month to re-consider her commitment to conceiving their child through artificial insemination – resulting in verbal sparring match. I was VERY entertained by this episode. Grace looks pretty good. Dayum. :) I like the original and creative plot for this episode. Also, I loved when Grace and Karen kissed. Then Karen kissed Jack. It was so good. I liked when Will and Grace fought at the end. Grace's facial expressions were a little weird, though. Great episode, though, nonetheless.
  • Grace hides Leo until Will stumbles into him. This leads to one of the best scenes from this show.

I have seen this episode so many times, I have no idea why I took so long to write a review. ANyway on with the review.

SO it opens with Will and Jack sanding his baby crib. It is this disgusting green color and it looks really, really small. WHatever. He is totally excited about the idea of having a child. Jack and Will eventually break out into song, which had me laughing for some time.
    We then go over to Grace and Leo having a casual coffee date. SHe asks him for free doctor advice and it leads to an ackward kiss. It was hysterical but it eventually goes into an actual kiss. This makes the decision even more difficult for Grace.

SO anyway the main problem is in effect and it bubbles in Grace. She is conflicted and Will is going baby crazy. I would think twice right now before having a kid with him,lol. He is way too baby crazy for my taste. It usually is a cute thing for future parents to talk about their impending kids but Will just comes off as needy and codependent. Anyway Grace doesnt want to hurt his feelings but she is basically killing him by hiding Leo.

Moving on, Grace talks to Karen about her problems and Karen actually says something of importance. also in the same scene one of funniest things occurs. Karen wants Grace to demonstrate how good Leo is at kissing. Grace is at first reluctant but she finally caves. The kiss was totally wild and I was cracking up during the whole thing. SHe also agrees to tell Will but Karen suggests a present to soften the blow.

Grace buys Will a cooling system and if I was Will I would have chucked it right there. WHo buys that? Will got Grace a foot massager, totally practical. She lies to Will about her reason for wanting to wait. ANd this is what got me. I really wanted to hurt Grace for not telling him. She is totally betraying her best friend. Grace made some wrong decisions. I totally think she should have went for Leo but she should have told Will instead of waiting until he found out which was disasterous. Thereby lying, the plotline thickens,lol.

At the Sharper Iamge, Will znd Jack are playing some game, I think its Playstation, why? I wonder. Will wants to return the cooling system to get some nose trimmers, that everyone knows he wants. WHen he was at the register and describing what he wanted, it was hilarious. But this scene only serves as a way for Will to find out about Leo and Grace. Will is obviously peeved and he heads home.

Final scene, also one of the best out this entire show. The drama is there but the writers have this annoying thing of adding humor where it doesnt belong. Karen shows Jack how Leo kisses and WIll and Grace kick them out so they can argue in peace. THe fight is in full throttle and they are tossing around some mean things. It was a great scene, extremely well written and some of the best acting from Debra and Eric. THe drama was really intense. I feel the writers should bring some more drama into the show. They know how to write its just they need to stop with the cute jokes in between a serious fight. I get they wanted to tone it down a bit but seriously this is a fight. A very serious fight where jokes should have been left at the door. Eeverybody is screaming and I felt both of them were being a bit irrational. Will: for saying how pointless it is for trying to build a relationship with a guy she just met. Uh duh thats what people do, they build relationships. Also if he wasnt hounding her so much she probably wouldnt have lied to him. and Grace: SHe is a lying maniac and basically caused this fight in a big way , in my opinion. Had she told Will earlier the fight probably would have been smaller. In any event Will kicks Grace out and Grace is totally shocked. I am also shocked by what she is wearing and what just happened.

Great writing and a great cliff hanger. Well not really actually. But anyway the acting was superb. A classic for this show.
  • Grace askes will if they can wait a month to be inseminated and he agrees because he doesnt want to pressure her. He learns that she asked because she is seeing Leo and they get into a huge fight, ending with Will telling Grace to move out for good.

This is perhaps my favorite episode. Both Will and Grace seek advice from Jack and Karen on what to do about the insemination they are about to retry. Grace wants to wait a month because she has broken the pact with Will and is dating Leo. Will agrees to wait because he does not want to pressure her, yet he does not know about Leo.

As each try to return the girfts they bought for each other, Will learns the truth about Leo and Grace. He confronts her about it and they begin to fight as we have never seen these two freinds fight before. Will tells Grace that she is a flake and points bad qualities and reasons that all of her relationships end. She in return, tells Will that he is a control freak and that he "is happiest when she is misrible, because then he doesnt have to look at how misrible he is." The argument ends with Will telling Grace to move out of the apartment.

I liked this episode so much because it showed how well comedy and drama could be mixed together. The halarious comments that we have become accustomed to hearing on Will and Grave were brilliantly weaved into the drama of the most intense fight i have ever seen on the show. Simple comments such as "it was carrot cake thats never a big deal" brings a sense of ease to the dialoge that can become very intense. I loved this part of the show and the way that the characters were prtrayed in it. it was great acting and i cant help but watch this episode over and over again.