Will & Grace

The Needle & Omelet's Done

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Nov 14, 2002 on NBC

• Leo tricks Grace into meeting his parents by introducing them as friends. Meanwhile, concerned about his aging appearance, Will goes with Karen for his first botox injection and Jack takes over teaching an acting class.

Thee - count ‘em three - guest stars this week, but they are simply good enough and the episode is so well-written it doesn’t nearly feel like stunt casting as so many of the others do.

Leo’s parents are played by Tom Skerritt and Judith Ivey, both seasoned and established TV show actors. They do a delightful job of playing the normal yet intelligent parents you would expect Leo to have. Grace makes an awesome fool of herself simply by being herself because Leo doesn’t tell her they are his parents.

The B story is just as funny as the A story. Will and Karen are hilarious getting botox together. Karen gets one of the grossest lines I’ve heard in a while. “You know, in the early days, we didn’t always have it easy like you. No, we had to go down to Chinatown where they’d inject our frown lines with mayonnaise that’d been left out in the sun for a week.”

Eileen Brennan, while technically not a guest star because she appears more times as Jack acting teacher, is bitter and funny and certainly taking a step up her from her role in 7th Heaven. It’s good to see her do something that is a little reminiscent of her character in the classic movie Clue.

All in all, three solid stories and come great one liners make up a typically wonderful Will and Grace episode.

Of note: fans of The New Adventures of Old Christine will recognize one of Jack’s acting students, played by Emily Rutherford, who is wonderfully funny and delightful on the new CBS series, and is also very funny interacting with Jack.

Meanwhile, Debra Messing delivers one of the best lines ever penned on the show “I've already fooled him into liking me, I don’t know if I have the energy to fool two older, wiser people who I can’t confuse by having sex with.”