Will & Grace

Whatever Happened to Baby Gin?

Aired Monday 9:30 PM May 11, 2006 on NBC

• Though Will and Grace have been stumbling through out their last season. This episode was back to the basics and had me laughing out loud once again.

Guest starring roles put Will and Grace back on to the map he so easily reined over through most of their 8 year run. The addition of Karen's sister, played by the most amazing Bernadette Peters, who we have yet to hear of in the show's history was typically brilliant and a trademark of Will and Grace. Unlike a lot of other sitcoms that play heavily towards logical character movements, the love we have for the unexpected from Will and Grace, especially Karen made it easy to believe that she could have a sister who we have never met...and neither have Will, Grace or Jack.

Jack was back to his flamboyant humor so fabulously full of himself that everyone who is around him can do nothing but enjoy themselves and laugh.

Bernadette Peters guest role of Karen's sister, Gin was hilarious. We find out Gin, Karen's sister who has had it in for her sister since a ill-fated game of Twister which cause the demise of her Broadway career has been living under Karen's financial care. Peters plays this role well with a right amount of distain to still make her character likeable and comedic.

Josh Lucas playing himself, was the eye of Jack's affection this episode. Openly telling Jack the secret of all Hollywood leading men to console him, Josh is as charming in this episode as he was in his blockbuster success Sweet Home Alabama.

The closing scene of this episode, the cliché-ic touching/moral revealing scene required of all sitcoms, was played with a heavy emotion however blended the styles of the two characters Will and Grace that we have come to love so dearly. This episode ended with two friends who loved each other however forced to face the incoming fork in the roads of their life.

Back on it's track, this episode of Will and Grace was the beginning of a bitter-sweet end of an exceptionally brilliant comedic series.