NBC (ended 2006)

Windfall Fan Reviews (55)

• A good premise but poorly executed. An embarrassment to cable TV.

The premise sounded interesting - a group of people win the lottery. Heck, even the pilot was a decent episode, where we are introduced to an array of characters.

It seemed as though the writers ran out of ideas three episodes into the series.

Only the first few episodes were really worth watching like seeing Maggie tell off her boss which is something many of us dream of doing and Kimberly and her son leaving their rented trailer and their old life behind. We got to see in those first few episodes other things that could happen if one did win, such as people trying to extort money from winners, buying a fancy car and love dilemmas. After that the show just became another overblown TV drama. I admit, though, I kept watching hoping that the characters would finally get real. Are there any lottery winners out there that really experienced such unbelievable circumstances that were portrayed in this show, like getting kidnapped by Russian mobsters and leaving your husband who you have a good life with for a married man? Perhaps. The show just got worse each episode - there were so many ridiculously unrealistic parts of it. For example, one of the lottery winners is in love with a married man and decides to leave her husband for him so she goes to see a counselor for assurance. No counselor would tell you to leave your husband for a man who probably won't leave his wife and kids anyways...stupid! Damien's Russian wife demanded he buy her a pretzel cart and Damien actually believed she needed a pretzel cart - I mean she was obviously trying to steal money from him. And who performs a marriage between an illegal Russian immigrant who's also a hooker and a 17 year old boy, legally?

The mysterious disappearance of Zoe, which may have been a conspiracy to take all of Sean's money was stupid and realistic. And when 2 principle female leads went to Paris (one of the fakest sets I have seen) and they talked about how many francs one of them paid for something, without even a hint of sarcasm was an insult to your intelligence. The Euro is the monetary currency of France now and has been for the past 6 years.

I must say, I'd really like my chance at winning the lottery to prove that it doesn't screw you up like it did to these characters!!!!
  • good show

Windfall is a new show that premiered during the summer on NBC. It airs on Thursday nights at 10PM ET. The pilot featured the young Schaefer family (husband Peter played by a much older looking Luke Perry and his wife Nina played by Lana Parilla) hosting their turn of the routine lottery parties where friends and family gather and all contribute a dollar toward a lottery pool. The host then goes out and buys tickets with the same numbers on the idea that if those numbers won, everyone who contributed gets a share of the winnings. That night’s ticket ends up winning and about 20-30 people in attendance that night each end up taking home several million dollars from one of the biggest jackpots. The show now features on a core group of those in attendance that night, their personal lives and how the money has affected them. Peter Schaefer invested his and part of his best friend Cameron’s winnings into his dream of a bike business. Unknown to Peter until recently, Cameron and Nina have been cheating on their spouses by having an affair. Cameron’s wife Beth (Sarah Wynter) figured out the affair but has decided to stay married in name only because of her desires to adopt a child. A teenager, Damien, contributed his dollar that fateful evening and to avoid having his parents control him and his money, decides to marry a woman from Russia so he can be declared an adult. The relationship does not work out after the woman is revealed to have been stealing from Damien. Damien now dates fellow teenager Frankie whose mother won that night but Frankie chose to run away rather than move to New York with her mom. The Schaefers had pizza delivered to the party that night and the pizza delivery woman, a single mom, contributed her dollar on a whim and now lives in a hotel suite. Sunny, a woman who has coveted after Peter, filed a lawsuit lying about having been the extra dollar truly left by the pizza delivery woman, and only dropped the suit when everyone agreed to give over $1 million from their winnings to Sunny. Sunny later admitted that she lied when she got her dream of spending the night with Peter but still has a large monetary backing in Peter’s bike business. Another winner quit her job as a nurse and used the winnings to open her own restaurant. Missing the joy she felt at helping people but not the stress of working for a mean boss, she offers her services at a local clinic. The rest of the main cast is rounded out by a shady guy with a past, Sean (D.J. Cotrona) who asked a woman to collect his winnings because of his legal troubles. The woman, Zoe, ends up running off with the money and making it look as if she was killed. Sean sets out to find her killer and ends up falling for Zoe’s sister, Tally. Later, Sean finds out that Tally has known all along that Zoe was alive and has now admitted to having killed Zoe the night Sean confronted them both. The cops think, given Sean’s shady past, that he killed Zoe so Sean tries to get Tally to turn herself in. The show delves so much into personal lives and has such a large ensemble cast despite their often-intertwined lives and situations that it can be confusing. The first few episodes left me desiring more by the end of the episode but even with characters finding out about secret affairs and secret conspiracies, the latter episodes have been less enticing.
  • Awesome show!!!

BRING IT BACK!! This was an excellent show with an excellent cast. The story-line was great (maybe a little fine-tuning, and for God's sake, let Sean have some GOOD LUCK)! All in all, it was a fun and intriguing show to watch, and it kept me wondering. I caught myself counting the days until the next week's episode ran so I could find out what happened...still feeling that way from the season/series finale. NBC: Don't give up yet! 'Windfall' has HOPE! Give it another shot!
  • Everyone does a great job on the show. Who does not love Perry? He is getting older but in my eyes he will always be a hunk. Everyone works very hard long hours on the show. I still watch hills 90210 on soapnet everyday.

Please Bring The Show Back On The Air. I Love The Show. Miss watching it each week that it came on the air. The ending of the show was great. I would love to won that much money. Shop until I droped. Buy off things that I need to buy off. Just like everyone else does in this world. I watched the show when it first came on air when it went off the air.
  • This show had a lot of potential and was fairly easy to follow, but combined a bit too much and went in too many directions.

I watched the Season, because I started it, but it took some effort to finish it. I think they took the story in too many directions with too many sub plots. I liked "Kids" and how they interacted with the family and their situations. I also liked following one other pair, The sisters and the guy that got them involved. Those were interesting because of potential problems and possible action scenes. Where I think the show failed for me was the 2 Couple Love situation and all the fillers being in the same show. I feel if they had done it with less of a winning party, they could have focused on them, made it more dramatic and it would have been a better show.
  • I think that this show should definatily come back. I can't believe the people who have said that this show sucks. I dosen't suck, it is actually really good. Maybe if people actually watched this show, then they would know that this show is great!!!!!!!

I think that this show is to come back. NBC should really consider bringing it back for another season. There is a lot of people who would definatly watch this show if it were to come back. I know I would be one of the people who were to watch it. I'm not the only one. There is a ton of people who like seeing this show. This show would be bigger than GREY'S ANATOMY. If they were to actually advertise it, then a lot of people would watch it. NBC can't expect a summer show to have high ratings, maybe if they were to show it during the fall, then a lot of people would watch it. I think they should give WINDFALL another chance. Online, there is a petition of bring it back. I encourage all WINDFALL fans to sign it and bring it back. I beg you, if we all try then we can bring WINDFALL back for another season!!!!
  • This show was great!! Bring it back!!!

I loved this show! I couldn't wait from week to week to see what happened! Why oh why are you not bringing it back!!!?? It had twist and turns, you never knew what to expect really. It gave different views on the joy and downside of winning. It showed characters from a variety of ages. This show was great! Bring it back!
  • The real life pitfalls of winning the lottery! It\'s not all happiness and sunshine. It\'s also a lot of drama. And this show has all of it, plus a little more!

This is the only show that my whole family watched together the entire summer! It should be brought back during re-run season and I’m sure it would do much better! Who watches TV in the summer? Regardless, bring it back so we can find out what happens next – it’s driving my nuts not knowing what’s going on!
  • Such a short time but great.

Windfall I was so mad they took it off it seem like a good show and Some guy set up a website to try and get it back on and when I e-mailed him to see how it was going he told me it didn’t look good for it to come back on and thank me for the support trying to get it back on but I guess signing petition doesn’t matter to the net work and knowing people really like the show. Some shows they don’t let it run long enough to see if it will be a hit.
  • how could they not bring this back. its a good show and its something that is very good to watch during the week becasue it keeps you wanting to know what keeps on happing and seeing if you are right or not. which makes it a great tv show

this is one of the shows that is exciting and keeps you woundering. it has to come back becuase it left to many thing un answered and you waiting till the next season to see what happens to all of the people and what there chocies are as it left it with you wanting to see what everyone does and who they pick. this is also good as it shows people at there best and there worst in life and evryday life. it also is one of thoes shows that you can not stop watching as it keeps you waiting till the next week. it has to come back, its the best show i have ever sen :)
  • I can't believe they are thinking about not bringing this show back. There are to many questions not answered. If the show had bad ratings, then why didn't they end the show differently? It's like taking a kid to a toy store and not buying them anything.

This show is great. It had so much going on at once but just enough so you can know what was going on. The characters had great chemistry on screen and that is truly important. The show kept you into it, not a dull moment, and made you wonder what was going to happen the following week. It shows how the lottery can change you for the best or worse. The show made you think and made you realize that can really happen. I just love it, I miss it.
  • Windfall is really a different kind of show. It portrays real life situations in our modern society. It was a refreshing new concept to entertainment. Please reconsider its return. Thank You

Hi ,,We have been watching Windfall since it started,,it is a very good show. Please bring "Windfall" back for few more seasons. We didnt get to see the finale,it wasnt on here .Have been looking for the show since it went off the air,we didnt know it was going off air. With lotteries in practically every state, one can relate to things like this happening in a real life situation. It brought out both the joy and sorrow of having a "Windfall" in real life. It really made you stop and think at times if it was really worth winning a lottery. We still don't know why we missed the last episode, we have been watching it so religiuosly. Was there an ending? We would really like to know what happened to all of the characters. We realize its only TV show, but it sure got you on the edge of your seat at times.
    Thank you for your time.
    Susan Thompson
  • I thaught is was great. Bring it back next season....

Yeah, it might have seemed a little corny at first, but doesnt most new shows at first. I thaught the cast did a great job. Just when you thaught something was happening, it was turned around and something else happened. Luke Perry lead the show quite well. I thaught it was getting more interesting every show. We needed a show like this to hit prime time. Something that doesnt happen everyday in real life. Something to get our minds off of real life for an hour a week. All these reality shows are really getting aggrivating. Please bring it back for more seasons.
  • I hope you dont take it off the air. It has been my favorite since it aired. Waiting for more, need to know what happens.

I think it has been the best show in a long time. You really need to bring it back,it was the only show I would look forward to watching every week. Hurry up and put it back on cause it seems like every time there is a good show, someone decides to take it off the air and then complain about their ratings.
  • I've been going crazy trying to figure out what happened to Windfall! I've watched every episode & counted the days until the next one!I heard rumors that ended. This is one of the best shows! You would have to be out of your minds to cancel it!

This is a show that left me breathless every single episode! I only decided to check it out for the first episode because Luke Perry was in it! I knew within the first half hour of the first show that I was hooked! It went beyond Luke Perry! It was about a show that is filled with a great cast and touches on real life problems and challenges people face! My Husband even started watching the show with me and enjoyed it as well! He would ask me every week what night it was on and what time because he didn't want to miss it either! This is an outstanding show! Please bring it back and keep it going!
  • I didn't even know it was a season finale! I don't watch soap operas but this show was very catchy. They have to bring it back, I gotta know what happened to all the characters. It can't end with me wondering!

I liked the show. It definitely made me stop playing the lottery every week! I thought it was interesting with all the twists and turns. I mean you can not end the show with me wondering if Cameron goes with Beth to China or if he stays in the airport and goes home with Nina. Or does Nina go back to Peter and her kids? Will he even take her back or will he stay with Sonny? And what about Frankie, will she go back to New York with her mom? And what will Damien do with the knowledge that Galina is pregnant. Will he start another relationship with Galina or stay with Frankie? I won't event go into Sean and Paul, that is confusing enough. Poor Kimberly and Ethan, will Ethan have his father in his life from now on or will he disappear again. And Maggie, she is the good one in the bunch, will she finally find a good man? We really need to keep this show going, at least one more season to tie up some lose ends.
  • I really enjoyed Windfall. And hope that it does find it's way back to TV.

I became very interested to the story's of the different characters and each week looked forward to seeing how the story lines would develop. If NBC doesn't bring this show back I will be pretty sad, I'll feel like I am really missing out on something. If the show was based on a book, I would probably go out and buy the book, and I'm not an advid reader. That is how much I love the show and the characters.NBC did a good job making this show, i just hope that they do follow through and bring it back for another season.
  • Good show, neat characters, good story line, horrible cliffhangers. Enough said.

I truely enjoyed this show the second most of all the shows I saw this summer(Psych was my favorite). But with the show ending and leaving horrible clifhangers like the girl being kidnapped, they better bring it back and have all those endings solved for us!

Let's see here, a good storyline with bunch of friends becoming millionares, great characters such as two couples having one of their spouce cheat on them, plenty of stories going on (I really didn't like the spouces cheating part of the show). So really stand by my score of a plain old 9. This truelly is a great show.
  • Do not cancel this show!!! This is the best show ever. I would like to see this show go on for more than one more season, at least. It's too good to get cancelled just yet. So please please please bring it back for another season. I have to find out what

Do not cancel this show!!! This is the best show ever. I would like to see this show go on for more than one more season, at least. It's too good to get cancelled just yet. So please please please bring it back for another season. I have to find out what happens to everybody on the show. I have to see who Frankie chooses and to see who kidnapped her, if Peter and Nina are getting back together or if he's going to be with Sunny, if Beth will let Cameron in her life again, and if Damion and his wife have this child together. There's too much yet to find out so please bring it back!!!
  • I really enjoyed Windfall. I think it is a great show! The characters were all exciting! Anthing can happen on this show!

I really enjoyed Windfall. With all the different characters there was always something to keep your attention. I classified it as my Daily Fix because it was a nice way to escape from my day. Even though the idea of the show mau be silly to most people. Once you actually watched the show and got into the characters I think it was worth watching! Everyone just has to watch it to know that it is a really good show. It can have no limits! The plot could go anywhere at this point! I enjoyed it and looked forward to it every week!
  • this is the best show i hope that it comes back for another season because i dont know what i will do with out. it was done really well and i never wouldl miss a show.

this is one of the better shows that i have seen and its something good during the summertime as there is not a lot of shows on to watch. it really was a good show and it was always funny. if it does not come back that will be bad because it deals with day to day things and is good to watch and think back as it could be you in there place and see what other people do in trouble and when they can count on there friends and family and when they cant. i loved this show so much :) :)
  • i don't care what people say, i want another season of windfall.

Windfall is a great show and I look forward to watching it every week. There hasn't been a half decent hour long drama on tv in awhile. will cameron see nina standing there? who kidnapped frankie? peter & sunny... ohhh? damien & a new baby. 'come on it can't end. what am i going to watch... flipping reality tv? there's an oxymoron reality tv.
  • Please keep the show!!!

I love this show and if it gets canceled i will be so mad at the station its so nice to watch something thats not like the stuff all tv channels use reality tv has been used way to much Please keep the show!!! I hope that they bring it back i watch smallville and oc and i know i love those shows and know i love windfall when i found windfall i told everyone i tell about it they ended up loving the show. more more please. I need to know when it will start again so i am ready to watch. I will be so upset if they cancel it.
  • DON NOT CANCEL THIS........This show makes me look forward to Thursdays! Very Awsome!

This show was addicting from the moment it started! NBC I think you got a winner! This show is my new favorite and will be on for a while I hope! This show is feeled with drama and alot of twists! Think twice before wanting to win 386 million dollars...this show is filled with awsome actors and awsome writers. please dont cancel this show, its so awsome. The actors and story plots are great. And i need to know what happens to frankie...NBC dont be stupid and retarded, keep it on!
  • And the winner for the most drama filled prime time show on Thursday nights goes to....

This show is filled with so many predicable and overused dramatic plots that I almost think I shouldn't watch. There is the 'our kids are sooo important, forget that I cheated, I still love you' plot. There's the 'hey, I just got dumped, but oh yeah, I am still married, maybe she'll let me cry on her shoulder for a while' plot. Then there's the 'not only is the baby yours, but there may be a medical problem; while he's thinking, 'ooohhh, it's a heartbeat...maybe it's a boy' plot. But let's not forget the 'my boyfriend is having marriage problems, my mom cut me off, but hey, you are young, cute, and inheriting a hotel...cha-ching' plot. I do have to give the episode a litle credit, you feel a little sympathy for Cameron as he comes to grips with issues concerning his dad and you may even find yourself rooting for Sean as he is being severely screwed by Zoe's sister and (surprise, surprise), Maggie. They put in just enough to keep the interest alive.

This is an awsome show about people who enter in a pot luck lottery drawing and win $20 million a piece and the money changes all of thier lives. The show is about luck and decet and love. It is the perfect look into the lives of lottery winners, those who can't keep thier money because of age so they marry to get thier money, one who has the worst luck in thier job gets to fufill her dreams, a man on the run from the law so he gets the help of a lawyer who will later betray him, two lovers who have forrbiden love, one man pours all of his money into his bike shop. The show keeps you on the edge and makes you want more. Then like all of thier other hit shows NBC goes and cancells it. I hope someone knocks some sence into them and makes them bring it back onto the air.
  • We love the concept of this show. But this show is boring. If this is how life is winning the lotto I am going to stop buying lottery tickets.

This show needs to do something. Show us some pretty pictures instead of a Hollywood sound stage. The games that and the rides that the kids had at the house was so phoney. Wow a bike factory what a thrill. We will still watch, this show has gotten a little bit better.
  • Should be called - Freefall -

All I have to say is..They took off Surface to bankroll crap like this...Good idea..Horrible implementation!

Lots of characters is a plus, but when story lines are often indistinct and gobbled in becomes hard to even care about anyone. The acting is sub par and poor Luke Perry yet again cast as an unknowing, fairly simple minded nice guy trying to do the right thing. The entire show takes place in one little town(or at least it feels this way) and despite their winnings only one character has yet to truly indulge themselves with any of their winnings. Well actually the youngest winner purchase a car and lived in a hotel room and the Spanish chic (forgive me I don’t think they ever gave her name) has purchased a restaurant. Other than this Perry sunk all his winnings into a crap hole business and never enjoyed a cent; at least not yet. This show needs a bigger budget better writing and most of all a better way to implement character/plot distinction.

Surface was far better overall, well done, visually grand and most of all ALIVE. When these networks drop shows like that to create garbage like this, I actually wonder if Surface’s politically charged context (big brother meets Area 51) type of writing causes it to be taken off and not really fail. But that’s a reach, or at least I hope. For now we get to watch the newly-rich not enjoy their money and seemingly ruin their lives despite their newly founded monies….

• This show is the best!!! Everything about it perfect!!!

I didn't know about this show until a few weeks ago, now I have to watch it every Thursday. I can't wait until the next week. I wish it was on more than once a week. If I'm not at home or tired I make sure it gets recorded, so I don't miss out on the best show I have ever seen. I hope this show never goes off the air, it seems like are the really good shows, always seem to go off the air. Please keep this show alive. Anyone that hasn't seen this show, needs to A.S.A.P., cause I know they would be hooked after on show!!!!! It's #1 on my list of shows I enjoy watching!!!
  • say you won 400,000,000 with 19 of your friends...

say you won 400,000,000 with 19 of your friends and had to split it ways and every one got 20 million. what would you do? some would buy a new expencive car. some would leave there parents and go live in a hotel. some would buy a new house. thats what the people of windfall did. now what would you do if somone was keeping you away from your money sayin you didnt win she did. would you all pitch in and give her 1 million so she'll have 20 million also. would you sue her but she might just get it all. thats what happen people of windfall
< 1 2