Wings

Black Eye Affair

Aired Thursday 9:30 PM Oct 28, 1993 on NBC

• One of my top ten Wings!

"Still not ready!"

The whole cast is impeccable in this episode. It's crazy and mantic. It's hilarious. Roy trying to photograph the calendar girl at Helen's house, Stella's photog boyfriend showing up, Lowell cooking, Helen doing her hair, running up and down the stairs, Faye, Joe and Brian, the black eye, and at the worst possible moment, Davis finally doesn't break a date, it's all comedy perfection. When I think of Wings I always remember this one. It's the only one I enjoy that envolves Helen and Davis as a couple. I was very Anti-Davis; I mean we all know Helen belonged with Joe.
  • Why this episode isn't shown in reruns is not known, yet it is possibly the best demonstration of the superb ensemble acting and perfect comedic timing for which this series is known. It should be shown in reruns so others could appreciate this episode- t

Why this episode isn't shown in reruns is not known, yet it is possibly the best demonstration of the superb ensemble acting and perfect comedic timing for which this series is known. It should be shown in reruns so others could appreciate this episode- the best of the series. Please show this so others can believe me when I talk about it.