Wings

Ex, Lies and Videotape

Aired Thursday 9:30 PM Feb 28, 1995 on NBC

• Brian is duped into appearing on the Mary Pat Lee talk show under the guise of it being a program about young, rising male professionals, when it turns out ex-girlfriend Alex has set him up to be the brunt of a man-bashing show.

Antonio\'s worship of TV host Mary Pat Lee is hysterical, and his over-the-top excitement in the audience (MPL: \"How many times have we heard that before?\" Antonio: \"Too many! Too many!\") of the show where Brian is hung out to dry leads helps set up a great impression of Antonio by Brian (\"Get \'ima, girls\"). Joe\'s late arrival to the set and subsequent misinterpretation of the dialogue also help frame the awkward situation in which Brian finds himself. In my opinion, the show went downhill when Alex left and Casey came on, so the return of Alex (and the absence of Casey) was a reminder of the show\'s golden age from two seasons earlier. Alex\'s return was a great bright spot for this particular season; I only wish she\'d signed on for a few more episodes.