Wire in the Blood Forums

ITV (ended 2008)

Blue carrier bags?

keane_wil

[1]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    Does this mean that Dr. Tony Hill is suffering with OCD? (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) As he is always carrying the blue plastic bags and doesn't seem to like to much change, as in he follows a lot of patterns.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

keane_wil

[2]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 6
    Anyone?

Jacks_Son

[4]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 13
    I believe the doctors once mentioned (season 4, brain tumor) that Tony may have Asperger's Syndrome. It was never verified in the series (I don't know about the books, as I've only read the first one) but Carol did say, "Oh no, he was always like that!". I don't believe Tony has OCD, just Asperger's Syndrome. Surprisingly, a few British series featured characters with noticeable behavioral traits. The main character in the British series "Doc Martin", Doctor Martin Ellingham, was believed to also be suffering from Asperger's Syndrome. A minor character in that series also suffered from OCD. I don't recall if Robson Green's character in the series "Touching Evil" had any behavioral problems aside from being shot in the head. Still, Tony's "oddities" were what made him such an edearing character. Much like Fitz' "oddities" made him such a curmudgeon in "Crackers".

glassribbon

[5]Jan 1, 2012
    • level: 1

Dr. Tony Hill, in the series and the books, has dyspraxia. But that's not really related to the blue carrier bags. Robson Green said that he used them because one of the psychiatrists he met in order to prepare for the role carried everything important to him in the same blue bags. Tony Hill uses the blue bags in homage to the psychiatrist who helped Robson Green understand the role.