Wishbone Forums

PBS (ended 1998)

Wishbone on DVD and VHS

X-624

[1]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 12
    Ah hello. I found the wishbone VHS 'The Slobbery Hound" Renamed 'The hound of Baskervilles ' How many DVD & VSH with wish bone are there ? And Are there anyone with the episode 'The Count's Account' Aka the Count Of Monte Cristo?  Thanks for your Time ....For anyone who can tell me  A lot of the newer ones are renamed by the book. Here are the ones I found ...On VHS ..A Tail in Twain 1&2, Twisted Tail renamed Oliver Twist.,Hercules Unleashed ,Halloween Hound: The Legend of the Creepy Collars Renamed The Legend of Sleepy Hollow , Wishbone's Dog Days Of The West  And on DVD..Hot Diggety Dawg and the robin hood one I know there's more on DVD I just did not see them yet.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bookworm1617

[2]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 41

The only episodes to make it to tape thus far are:

A Tail in Twain 1 & 2

The Prince and the Pooch

The Slobbery Hound

Terrified Terrier

Bone of Arc

Salty Dog

Twisted Tail

Frankenbone

Creepy Collars: Legend of Sleepy Hollow (very hard to find)

and to DVD are:

Hot Diggety Dawg

Paw Prints of Thieves

Hunchdog of Notre Dame

and The Impawssible Dream

I know what you mean though, there are a lot of episodes I'd like to see again too, like Pantin' at the Opera, Bark to the Future,  Digging up the Past, Fleabitten Bargain, Mixed Breeds, A Dogged Expose, and Moonbone.

Here's the way I see it, there are 50 Wishbone episodes...and only 4 have made it to DVD...allright? So why don't they put out the series on DVD with like 10 episodes a set? That would bring in plenty of money that I know for sure. But I think in order for that to happen, the series needs to get more attention. I say for the time being, we've got the VHS tapes, and we've got all the Wishbone books, stories taken from the show, classics, super adventures,  mystery adventures. I say we need to work now on getting this generation interested in Wishbone, and those of us who can, buy up the available episodes, donate them to the video stores and libraries, so they can get more attention. If we keep at that, we could get enough peoeple interested that it would get enough attention that something would have to be done.

X-624

[3]Nov 11, 2006
    Yes I'd buy that. This Is what Pbs sould have on. It made me read the Classics. Man I wish I could see 'The Count's Account'thou I never saw it. But I just got 'The Slobbery Hound" one and Love it brand new too. Got it at a used store. Is there anyone we can email to try to get DVDs of the show? And thank for telling me the list.

Bookworm1617

[4]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 41
    Your guess would be as good as mine...in the DVD cover there was a slip that mentioned a hitentertainment.com, but I checked it out and they don't mention Wishbone there anywhere.

Wishbonefan17

[5]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 2
    Bookworm1617 wrote:
    Your guess would be as good as mine...in the DVD cover there was a slip that mentioned a hitentertainment.com, but I checked it out and they don't mention Wishbone there anywhere.

HiT entertainment bought the production company that produced the Wishbone series. Which they ended up with the Wishbone rights and the video catolog.

X-624

[6]Nov 21, 2006
    Do they have a website?? Wishbonefan17 ???

Wishbonefan17

[7]Nov 21, 2006
    X-624 wrote:
    Do they have a website?? Wishbonefan17 ???

www.hitentertainment.com

You won't find Wishbone on there list of TV shows because it's not an active TV series anymore, But you will find 3 wishbone DVDs on the North American shop.

X-624

[8]Nov 22, 2006
    ok Thanks wishbone fan 17 I'll look into that.... and on the Vsh's the old ones in 1997 I don't know if it this means anything any more but It says Its Distributed by lrick stuios but they might not have the rites and/or might not be around anymore. Oh and I found two DVD at the store I'm so happy!!

Wishbonefan17

[9]Nov 22, 2006
    X-624 wrote:
    ok Thanks wishbone fan 17 I'll look into that.... and on the Vsh's the old ones in 1997 I don't know if it this means anything any more but It says Its Distributed by lrick stuios but they might not have the rites and/or might not be around anymore. Oh and I found two DVD at the store I'm so happy!!

Lyrick Studios did distributed Wishbone videos in 1997. But if if my memory is right Lyrick ended up owning the Wishbone series. HiT entertainment then ended up buying Lyrick. I have an email from HiT that i'll try and located as it goes more deep about how they ended up with wishbone. Interestingly Lyrick Studios also owned the Barney TV series.

For those of you who do not know HiT has several children shows that include:
    Bob the Builder
    Thomas and Friends (Thomas the tank engine and friends)
    and others...

Killer_Canuck

[10]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 1
    I would definitely buy the seasons of this show, since I would love for my kids to watch it. I know it played a big part in my childhood.

X-624

[11]Nov 30, 2006
    Hey anyone know if 'Big Feats' Entertainment Has Rights to It anymore ?

Wishbonefan17

[12]Nov 30, 2006
    X-624 wrote:
    Hey anyone know if 'Big Feats' Entertainment Has Rights to It anymore ?

No the rights to the series belongs to HiT entertainment.

X-624

[13]Nov 30, 2006
    ok thanks so they have all rights now.

X-624

[14]Dec 23, 2006
    Hehe I just found the Frankenbone one it was verry good

TahlinRedwolf

[15]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 1

My siblings and I all watched Wishbone as kids and still have a soft spot for the "little dog with a big imagination" and all his literary adventures. He's the reason I originally became interested in Shakespeare as well as many of the other classic authors.

I too have been waiting years for the show to be released on season boxset but to no avail. Since HitEntertainment owns the rights to the show right now and if they are able to get enough interest for the show, there will be a higher chance of it getting released.

For anyone who would like to see DVDs for all the episodes, please consider sending an email to:

consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com

and letting them know how much you enjoy the show and would love to see it made easily available for everybody.