W.I.T.C.H. Forums

Toon Disney (ended 2006)

All THE DIFFERENCES

samscorpio

[21]Nov 2, 2006
    • level: 7
    Magicalboy wrote:
    um in the comics, Cassidy & Halinor are dead while Kadma lives on earth and Yan Lin lives in Candracar

in comics we never heard a word about Halinor, not even a single word, how did you conclude her death ? the only thing we know that she wanted Will to take Cassidy's diary
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chaz_

[22]Nov 2, 2006
    • level: 3
    samscorpio wrote:
    Chaz_ wrote:
    Irmalover wrote:
    gothicsweetie wrote:
    In the series, Caleb knows the girl's true form, while in the comics, until the end of Part Two, he only knows them in their Guardian form.

Strange enough Caleb meets Will and Cornelia in their human form without being surprised halfway part two, in contradiction to his reaction when he saw the real Cornelia in issue 21.

Actualy, (if you read the faq's thread) It was in the woods in the dark and was only for about 5sec, before he got attacked.

what about Will ? BTW they didn't draw a real darkness in woods.

It wasn't that he hadn't seen Will not transformed, It was more the reaction in alater issue where Caleb see's Cornelia not transformed.
    I beleave you would notice a difference in someone you were close to, but not notice a difference in someone you just work with ocasionaly.

Chaz_

[23]Nov 2, 2006
    samscorpio wrote:
    Magicalboy wrote:
    um in the comics, Cassidy & Halinor are dead while Kadma lives on earth and Yan Lin lives in Candracar

in comics we never heard a word about Halinor, not even a single word, how did you conclude her death ? the only thing we know that she wanted Will to take Cassidy's diary

Er yes we do. Kadma tells us about her.

mist33

[24]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 8

Chaz_ wrote:
    samscorpio wrote:
    Magicalboy wrote:

Yeah can't remember what comic issue though.

MoonCloud217

[25]Nov 3, 2006
    Magicalboy wrote:
    So what, it's the same as in the TV show, we're supposed to post differences?? the only difference is that Yan Lin's not in Kandrakar in the show, and that Kadma is in Zambala.
    Edited on 11/03/2006 5:18am

WITCHhulk

[26]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 8

Irmalover wrote:
    gothicsweetie wrote:
    In the show, Cornelia often comments on boys, whereas in the comics she detests boys and only loves Caleb.
    In the comics she also finds Taranee's brother Peter (who isn't shown in the tv-series) a cute guy.

Peter is shown in B Is For Betrayal, F Is For Facades, and M Is For Mercy.   

samscorpio

[27]Nov 3, 2006
    mist33 wrote:

Chaz_ wrote:
    samscorpio wrote:
    Magicalboy wrote:

in issue 19. The Other Side of the Story
    I meant : do you know even if Halinor is alive or dead ? where she is now ? why kadma said that she is all alone ?
    that's what I meant : no words about the situation of Halinor right now, & where did they wrote which power is Cassidy or Halinor ( in comics ) ? we know that kadma is earth , Yan Lin is air, & Nerissa energy, Cassidy & Halinor are not mentioned

MAX9075

[28]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 5
    There's also Vathek, quite a big change, from palace guard in the comics to inside spy on the series.

In the series Phobos didn't know about the new guardians till he saw them, but in the comics he knows exactly who the guardians are, even before the girls know it. How he knew that was never explained, probably thats why the left it out.

eryaviel

[29]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    samscorpio wrote:
    mist33 wrote:

Chaz_ wrote:
    samscorpio wrote:
    Magicalboy wrote:

in issue 19. The Other Side of the Story I meant : do you know even if Halinor is alive or dead ? where she is now ? why kadma said that she is all alone ? that's what I meant : no words about the situation of Halinor right now, & where did they wrote which power is Cassidy or Halinor ( in comics ) ? we know that kadma is earth , Yan Lin is air, & Nerissa energy, Cassidy & Halinor are not mentioned

It's not mentioned directly that Halinor is dead, but it's assumed. Mainly because of parts in Issue 19, like when Kadma says stuff about Halinor like "I founded the Rising Star Foundation,but now I'm all alone" and about the diary she gave to Will, "Halinor wanted me to give this to you", like she wasn't there to give it to Will herself.

As for the powers...well, I can't remember if it was ever mentioned in the comics. But based off the TV-Verse, Halinor=Fire and Cassidy=Water. So...I kinda went from that. Seems about right, anyways. I can't honestly remember if it was mentioned in the comics or not.

Chaz_

[30]Nov 3, 2006
    I don't know why but i alwayes knew that Casidy was water, are you sure it not mentioned anywhere, before issue 40 (before season 2).

BlackPhoenix93

[31]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 2

you missed out a lot. of course, there're a LOT of differences, so that can't be helped.

here's my two cents. not all, duh, but what i can remember: (note: i'm going more by the books, meaning i'm using their names)

1) in the show, caleb has a father (julian) and his mother is nerissa. in the comics, he's an ex-murmurur with no family and no relation to nerissa.

2) in the show, the girls meet caleb when they rescue will from meridian. in the comics, cornelia meets him when she goes looking for elyon.

3) in the show, elyon only realizes that phobos is evil on the day of her coronation, in The Final Battle. in the comics, she starts to change her mind slowly from The Light of Meridian.

4) in the comics, will and taranee, irma and hay-lin and cornelia and elyon are best friends. in the show, its implied that cornelia and alchemy are elyon's best friends and the rest are all best friends.

5) in the show, matt's band is called Wreck 55 and nigel is in it. in the comics, it's called Cobalt Blue and nigel isn't a member.

6) in the show, caleb knows all the girls really well. in the comics, he only knows cornelia and meets the others through her.

7) in the show, will and matt meet at her party and like each other. in the comics, she gets a crush on him and meets him properly and starts dating him later on.

in the show, cornelia and caleb meet during the rescue mission in It Resumes and get together in The Final Battle, before breaking up and making up again. in the comics, they dream about each other, meet and hook up in The Light of Meridian, then break up later.

9) in the show, nigel joins uriah's band after he meets taranee, and then quits. in the comics, he's always been with them and then quits after he meets taranee.

10) personality changes: in the show, will is less serious and leader-like. in the show, cornelia is more superficial, but in the comics she's more intense and serious. in the show, caleb is more sexist and funnier, but in the comics he's kinder and quieter. elyon isn't such a whiny brat in the show. matt is a nicer person in the show. nerissa is more evil in the comics.

11) in the show, shagon and khor are matt and mr. huggles. they later return to normal and then become the regents of earth. in the comics, khor and shagon are an explorer and his dog.

12) in the show, lillian is the heart fo earth and her regents are matt, huggles and napolean. in the comics, there's no heart of earth and napolean and the dormouse are normal animals.

13) in the show, the gang defeats nerissa by trapping her in the heart of meridian. in the comics, they just destroy her.

14) in the show, nerissa's minions are the knights of vengeance (raythor, sandpit, frost, tracker and gargoyle), the knights of destruction (shagon, khor, ember and tridart) and C.H.Y.K.N. in the comics, C.H.Y.K.N. is not resurrected and the knights of vengeanece areshagon, khow, ember and tridart.

15) in the show, nerissa makes a few attempts to weaken the guardians and take the heart, but really just wants to control the universe. in the comics, her main goal is to destroy the guardians. she gets the heart and tries to attack candracar.

16) in the comics, we see very little of phobos (he's a dark and mysterious character) until later. in the show, he's there from the first episode and returns at the end of season 2.

17) in the comics, vathek works for phobos and then later changes sides. in the show, he works with the Rebels.

1 in the show, matt has black hair and nigel has red hair. in the comics, matt had brown hair and a stubble and nigel has brown hair.

19) in the show, will moves in and meets cornelia, hay-lin, taranee and irma, who're best friends. in the comics, will and taranee move in and meet cornelia, irma, hay-lin and elyon who're best friends.

1 in the show, the main gang consists of W.I.T.C.H., yan-lin, caleb, blunk and later matt and maybe elyon. in the comics, it's just W.I.T.C.H.

there's more, but i'm tired of writing.

shlomi_cc

[32]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 9
    in the comix, Cassidi, Halinor and Yan aren't mentioned which has which element, but we can guess that Yan is air because in issue2 she advices Hay about southern wind.

MoonCloud217

[33]Jan 29, 2007
    Good job, BlackPhoenix - ever thought of contributing to wikipedia? Lots of your "finds" arent mentioned there.. so keep it up!

BlackPhoenix93

[34]Feb 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    Thanks. I am planning to add to Wikipedia. The differences section there isn't so good.

Leryn

[35]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 12
    what u on about weena??? the girl in stone of threbe is called Weira and is infact Elyons mother! as shown in the second series the jewel is form Weiras crown. i would also like to point out that Weiras parents are meant to be Leryn and Escanor which means another differance which is that in the books there are many generations of Royals between Leryn :Escanor and Elyon.

Irmalover

[36]Dec 26, 2010
    • level: 14

There's only a Weira in the show; she doesn't exist in the comics. That means you never can relate Weira to Escanor and his wife Leryn, nor to Elyon. In the comics Elyon's parents are disappeared mysteriously and no one knows their names. We only know how Elyon's mother looks like because of a painting and her spirit.

Edited on 12/26/2010 7:53am