W.I.T.C.H. Forums

Toon Disney (ended 2006)

Create a WITCH Character

-Silverstar-

[1]May 24, 2006
    • level: 9

In the wake of this whole debacle of this Aylin person posting a fake fanfic character as an actual cast member in Wikipedia business, I thought someone should create a safe place to post original character ideas. (If this thread is a violation of the Forum Rules or has been done before, please forgive me and lock this without a moment's hesitation.)

Anyways, I'll start. These are some characters I created for a WITCH spinoff series I've never gotten around to writing:

YIN LIN

Sex: Female

Bio: Yin is one of a pair of new generation Chinese mystics, along with her twin brother Yang. Yin is very sweet, new Agey and peaceable, and usually tries to resolve conflicts without resorting to violence (but more often then not, she has to let loose.) She's into nature and meditation.

Powers: Yin is able to generate magical light energy for a variety of effects, such as levitating herself and other people and objects, firing beams and blasts and creating force fields, shields, barriers and domes. She and Yang also share a telepathic bond.

YANG LIN

Sex: Male

Bio: Yang is the twin brother of Yin, and like his sister, is the latest in his family's bloodline of Chinese mystics. Unlike Yin, Yang is very brash, hotheaded and impulsive, and will not hesitate to use his powers to smack down anyone who crosses him. The twins sometimes argue and disagree due to their opposite natures, but nontheless the two are still inseperable.

Powers: Yang is able to generate magical dark energy (a distinction that is only visible in that Yang's energy is black, while Yin's is white) for a variety of effects, such as levitating himself and other people and objects, firing beams and blasts and creating force fields, shields, barriers and domes. He and Yin also share a telepathic bond.

Edited on 05/24/2006 7:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pokemastercube

[2]May 25, 2006
    • level: 11

Hears my 2:

Graeme

A 14 year old male who enjoys skate/snowbording. Older of the twins.

Power: Magic, allowes controle of all elements and can also make things levatae, teleport ect. Also has the ability to mind-meld with others

and the other

Samantha

The younger of the 2 twins, enjoys reading and hates being called Sam.

Power: Ice, can freeze aneything. Also can shape-shift in-anamate objects.

-Blackstar-

[3]May 25, 2006
    • level: 8

pokemastercube wrote:

Hears my 2:

Graeme

Power: Magic, allowes control of all elements and can also make things levatae, teleport ect. Also has the ability to mind-meld with others

and the other

Samantha

So far, I'm liking thee ideas. Greame sounds like an OK character, but I think he has too many powers. You might want to tone him down some before someone accuses him of being a Gary Stu. Samantha's powers are also good. Freezing and shapeshifting don't really have anything to do with each other, but it's not a requirement that all magic/super powers have to correspond. That's just what I prefer to do.

My turn. This idea has still got some fat on it. Critique it as you will.

Name: MARVIN
    Race: African American/Eastern European
    Status: Junior White (good) Wizard and the great grandson of the legendary Merlin.
    Powers and abilities: Possesses the sorcerous powers of levitiaion and generating magical energy spheres. Can also cast various spells.

Marvin is not a Guardian of the Veil, but could be a occasional ally to the Guardians.

I know there's room for improvement. I'll fix the idea as it evolves.
    Edited on 05/25/2006 10:17am

ClowWinx26

[4]May 25, 2006
    • level: 13

Here are my characters, the girl's sons, the new guardians.

Name:Aether

Power: Energy, the Keeper of the Heart of Kandrakar. Can also mentally broadcast and receive radio signals( He listens to KISS 100 in class!:lol.

Aether is an anime and manga freak, and the leader of the group. He likes one of the girls in his class called Sian. His mum and dad are Will and Matt.His weakness is that his mental powers don't work under ground, when he broadcasts his thoughts into the other's minds, like telepathy.

Name: Aqua

Power: Water. Can control all fluids and can transform his lower body into a mermaid tail. He is weakened when there isn't a source of water around. Touya can help him though.

Aqua is the jokester of the group. He knows when to kill jokes, and likes a girl in his class called Jackie. His mum and dad are Irma and the Oracle.

Name: Cyan

Power: Fire. Gets glimpses of the future and is telepathic. Can also make things explode and melt with his mind.

Cyan is one of the smart and artistic ones in the group. He loves researching and likes a girl called Opal. His mum and dad are Taranee and Nigel. He is too emotional, and  is qutie sensitive.

Name: Nightshade

Power: Earth. Is telekinetic and can 'see' with the Earth. His powers are weakened when he is not near an Earthly object, like when he is in the skies of Kandrakar.

Nightshade is the rude and feisty one. He loves cussing people and likes a girl called Janine. His mum and dad are Caleb and Cornelia.

Name: Touya

Power: Air. Can see the past and venture into people's dreams.

Touya is one of the smart and artistic ones alongside Cyan. He loves drawing and likes a girl called Monika. His mum and dad are Hay Lin and Eric. He can create thunder storms and rain. His powers are useless when he on terrain with no sky.

Name: Harmony

Power: Shadow. Can also speak every known language, and can see with and with out light.

Harmony is the last smart one in the group. He likes singing and likes a girl called Alexandra. His mum and dad are Elyon and Daltar. His powers are weakened in daylight.

I've made these characters into a story. Go to fanfiction.net, and search for Extreme Guardian UK.

Edited on 06/19/2006 12:27pm
    Edited 2 total times.

-Silverstar-

[5]May 25, 2006

So those are the guys, eh? I think I might've glimpsed at that fic.

While personality-wise they're not all that different from the Guardians on the show (Will's son Aether is the leader, Irma's son Aqua is the jokester, Taranee's son Cyan is the smart one, Cornelia's son Nightshade is the rude, fiesty one, and Hay Lin's son Touya is the artistic, breezy one), I applaud you for thinking outside the box by making them boys for a change. Baroque enough that all 5 of the Guardians would have kids at the same time, let alone that they'd all coincidentally become the next group of Guardians (after all, the previous group of Guardians weren't the girls' mothers; it's not like the roles are handed down across specific bloodlines), but why do so many fanfic writers think all of the Guradians' kids would automatically be daughters?
    Edited on 05/25/2006 10:41am
    Edited 3 total times.

ClowWinx26

[6]May 25, 2006
    • level: 13

I know what you mean, but you forgot Harmony.

They've got most of their mother's skills, but their attitudes are quite different.

Edited on 05/25/2006 1:02pm

pokemastercube

[7]May 26, 2006
    -Blackstar- wrote:
    pokemastercube wrote:

Hears my 2:

Graeme

Power: Magic, allowes control of all elements and can also make things levatae, teleport ect. Also has the ability to mind-meld with others

and the other

Samantha

So far, I'm liking thee ideas. Greame sounds like an OK character, but I think he has too many powers. You might want to tone him down some before someone accuses him of being a Gary Stu. Samantha's powers are also good. Freezing and shapeshifting don't really have anything to do with each other, but it's not a requirement that all magic/super powers have to correspond. That's just what I prefer to do. My turn. This idea has still got some fat on it. Critique it as you will. Name: MARVIN Sex: Male Race: African American/Eastern European Age: Between 11 and 13. Status: Junior White (good) Wizard and the great grandson of the legendary Merlin. Powers and abilities: Possesses the sorcerous powers of levitiaion and generating magical energy spheres. Can also cast various spells. Marvin is not a Guardian of the Veil, but could be a occasional ally to the Guardians. I know there's room for improvement. I'll fix the idea as it evolves.

atually for graeme it is magic so he can create the elements by using spells, ans for samantha ice and shape-shifting do work as she could freeze an enamy and them turn them in to sumthing harmlees, EG: a large piece of paper.

pokemastercube

[8]May 26, 2006
    also fergot on graeme the elemental powers are only able to manipulate (tho not as well as the others) or to combine to increase with the alacoted gardien, EG: to boost the water gardien's power he must use the water spell.

-Blackstar-

[9]May 26, 2006

pokemastercube wrote:
    as for samantha ice and shape-shifting do work as she could freeze an enamy and them turn them in to sumthing harmlees, EG: a large piece of paper.

That reminds me of Majin Buu from Dragon Ball Z. He had the power to magically change his opponents into candy, then eating them!
    Edited on 05/26/2006 5:51am

-Silverstar-

[10]May 26, 2006
    pokemastercube wrote:
    ]atually for graeme it is magic so he can create the elements by using spells, ans for samantha ice and shape-shifting do work as she could freeze an enamy and them turn them in to sumthing harmlees, EG: a large piece of paper.

But those powers still don't go together; that combo doesn't make much sense. Why would you need to freeze someone in ice and then transform them into a thing? You could easily just do one or the other; if a person's encased in ice, he's pretty much rendered helpless (unless he has fire powers or something), and you wouldn't need to freeze someone in order to turn them into a lamppost. Sorry, I'm really not trying to be overly critical here, but the ability to change people into random objects has all the markings of a Mary Sue; "You bother me, I change you into a footstool", that's pretty cheap. Even Firestorm couldn't transform living beings into objects; his power only worked on turning things into other things.

And saying that Greame's power is magic is too wide a spectrum; 'magic' can encompass many things such as time travel, tranformation, opening dimensional gateways, etc. Blackstar's right; unless you narrow Greame's powers down to a specific set of abilities, he comes off as a Gary Stu, sorry to say.

pokemastercube

[11]May 26, 2006
    cani also point out that taranees powers don't go together as well cos she uses fire and can make people show there trule personality.

-Blackstar-

[12]May 26, 2006

pokemastercube wrote:
    can i also point out that taranees powers don't go together as well cos
    she uses fire and can make people show there trule personality.

I don't know. Can you? 

But seriously, that may be why Taranee doesn't possess that other power on the TV show (this coupled with the fact that the "showing one's true personality" power wouldn't be the easiest to represent).
    Edited on 05/26/2006 6:30pm
    Edited 2 total times.

-Silverstar-

[13]May 26, 2006

pokemastercube wrote:
    cani also point out that taranees powers don't go together as well cos she uses fire and can make people show there true personality.
    If you're trying to justify your characters' abundance of powers, that's not a good example. Taranee possesses one active power and one passive power (as do all of the Guardians in the books, as I'm led to understand), and the 2 powers generally aren't used in conjunction with one another. Besides,  possessing power over a single element in addition to having one empathic talent is hardly the same as mastery of multiple elements combined with sorcery or mastery of an elemental power combined with being able to transform living beings into lifeless objects. Those are 2 active powers, either one of which could be utilized successfully alone, and when used together, they would give their possessor a decidedly unfair advantage in battle. Especially the power to turn people into things, which is a Sue power if I've ever heard one. Fictional battles are only interesting when both sides at least stand a chance.

Seriously, there's no need to take offense, 'cause I'm not dissing you or your ideas. I'm merely pointing out that both of these characters are potential Mary Sues. Mary Sues have been the ruination of many a bad fanfic, and I'm just giving you an impartial heads-up before someone else accuses them of being so. If I created a character who was too powerful, I'd want someone to tell me that before I went ahead and wrote a story featuring a character who's all-powerful to the point of being cheap.

Edited on 05/26/2006 7:20pm
    Edited 4 total times.

SpiritGoddess

[14]May 27, 2006
    • level: 10
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 06/13/2006 1:32pm
    Edited 3 total times.

pokemastercube

[15]May 27, 2006
    -Silverstar- wrote:

pokemastercube wrote:
    cani also point out that taranees powers don't go together as well cos she uses fire and can make people show there true personality.
    If you're trying to justify your characters' abundance of powers, that's not a good example. Taranee possesses one active power and one passive power (as do all of the Guardians in the books, as I'm led to understand), and the 2 powers generally aren't used in conjunction with one another. Besides,  possessing power over a single element in addition to having one empathic talent is hardly the same as mastery of multiple elements combined with sorcery or mastery of an elemental power combined with being able to transform living beings into lifeless objects. Those are 2 active powers, either one of which could be utilized successfully alone, and when used together, they would give their possessor a decidedly unfair advantage in battle. Especially the power to turn people into things, which is a Sue power if I've ever heard one. Fictional battles are only interesting when both sides at least stand a chance.

Seriously, there's no need to take offense, 'cause I'm not dissing you or your ideas. I'm merely pointing out that both of these characters are potential Mary Sues. Mary Sues have been the ruination of many a bad fanfic, and I'm just giving you an impartial heads-up before someone else accuses them of being so. If I created a character who was too powerful, I'd want someone to tell me that before I went ahead and wrote a story featuring a character who's all-powerful to the point of being cheap.

it alright i can use these points to work out flaws in my ideas. aneyway there were atually early drafts of them so there was still alot of work to be done

SpiritGoddess

[16]May 27, 2006
    • level: 10
    I'll make up more characters soon because I love making up characters!

pokemastercube

[17]May 28, 2006
    yea me too, I have afew for almost every show i watch.

2kittycat1

[18]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 3

my character will be:

name: Tori

sex: female

birthday: September 7, 1990 (17 this year)

powers: all the elements, seeing the future every once and a while, and she also can shapeshift.

Tori lives on Earth and Meridian. She has a Heart of Elyon. Which is much stronger than the Heart of Kandrakar and is navy blue instead of pink when activated. She spends most of her time teaching W.I.T.C.H. new moves and protects Elyon in the castle.

2kittycat1

[19]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 3
    wait I forgot to add this:

She has blue eyes, light brown hair and short like Irma's hair but it's straight like Cornelia's hair. On Earth, Tori is a sub at the girls' school. She injoys playing with dolphins at the ocean (or whatever body of water is around Heatherfield). Her strongest power is Water.

Later she tells W.I.T.C.H. she isn't from Meridian but shes from Kandrakar and she was banished because they thought she was too powerful. She has her own group of W.I.T.C.H.: Wilma, Isabella, Tori, Chelsea, and Hilary. Wilma has the power of water. She has brown eyes and short blond hair. Isabella has the power over air. She has long curly black hair and blue eyes. Chelsea has the power of fire. She is Mexican, has dark brown hair, and has green eyes. Hilary has the power of earth. She is Isabella's twin sister. She has long curly blond hair and blue eyes. All their guardian outfits are the opposite os W.I.T.C.H. Example: will:pink top/blue skirt/purple boots= tori: blue top/ pink skirt/ dark blue boots

pokemastercube

[20]Jun 14, 2006
    nice