Toon Disney (ended 2006)

Create a WITCH Character

Obelisk20

[22]Jun 16, 2006
    • level: 9
    Magnus

Power: Psychic

Magnus's Psychic powers are Telepathy and Telekinesis

Magnus is a wizard in training being trained by his older brother. His parent were killed years ago and now in Meridian, he trians to control his psychic powers. 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

-Blackstar-

[23]Jun 16, 2006
    • level: 8

2kittycat1 wrote:

my character will be:

name: Tori

sex: female

birthday: September 7, 1990 (17 this year)

powers: all the elements, seeing the future every once and a while, and she also can shapeshift.

Tori lives on Earth and Meridian. She has a Heart of Elyon. Which is much stronger than the Heart of Kandrakar and is navy blue instead of pink when activated. She spends most of her time teaching W.I.T.C.H. new moves and protects Elyon in the castle.

Not bad, but Tori's powers are kind of Mary Sue-ish. You may want to add a flaw here and there so she'll have some vulnerability to her. With all those powers, she sounds like one of those fanfic characters who can beat down Phobos in under 5 minutes and knock out Cedric with a single punch.
    Edited on 06/16/2006 5:45am

pokemastercube

[24]Jun 16, 2006
    • level: 11
    i've thaught of a weakness for the charater: unpridtability with the powers

-Silverstar-

[25]Jun 16, 2006

2kittycat1 wrote:

my character will be:

name: Tori

sex: female

birthday: September 7, 1990 (17 this year)

powers: all the elements, seeing the future every once and a while, and she also can shapeshift.

Tori lives on Earth and Meridian. She has a Heart of Elyon. Which is much stronger than the Heart of Kandrakar and is navy blue instead of pink when activated. She spends most of her time teaching W.I.T.C.H. new moves and protects Elyon in the castle.

No disrespect meant, but this character sounds like a Mary Sue if there ever was one. Any one of those powers alone would be enough to make her formidable, but possessing the powers of all the elements, precognition and shapeshifting is almost godly powerful. You might want to consider taking those powers down a notch or two.

SpiritGoddess wrote:
    Name: Zyria

Power: Spirit energy

Sex: Female

Personality: Friendly, Trusting, and Reflective.

Birthday: April 7th

Zyria's
    Power of Spirit Energy is very deferent from Will's, Will's energy is
    more like pink lighting bolts but Zyria's Spirit Energy blasts can
    shoot miles away and are invisable and three times as strong as Will's.

Her extra powers are: She can tell when people are telling the
    truth so she can read minds a little bit, She can sense when good and
    evil spirits are near, and she can talk to whoever she wants in her
    mind.

Not bad. I like this one. Only thing is, stating that her powers are 3 times as strong as Will's might be construed as a tad Sue-ish. (Unless they really are stronger! )

Obelisk20 wrote:
    Magnus

Magnus
    is a wizard in training being trained by his older brother. His parent
    were killed years ago and now in Meridian, he trians to control his
    psychic powers.

Another good one. Only thing is, with today's pop culture, people will hear the name 'Magnus' and assume you're talking about Magneto. But I'm guessing you mean 'Magnus' as in 'great'.

Edited on 06/16/2006 8:04am
    Edited 5 total times.

Obelisk20

[26]Jun 16, 2006

Obelisk20 wrote:
    Magnus

Magnus is a wizard in training being trained by his older brother. His parent were killed years ago and now in Meridian, he trians to control his psychic powers.

Another good one. Only thing is, with today's pop culture, people will hear the name 'Magnus' and assume you're talking about Magneto. But I'm guessing you mean 'Magnus' as in 'great'.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I got the name from the wizard on Gargoyles. It's one of my fave shows, and I liked the name. Thanx. I never thought of Magneto before when I heard that name. I have another character, but I'm still thinking of power(s) for the character.

HayLinAir

[27]Jun 17, 2006

-Silverstar- wrote:
    So those are the guys, eh? I think I might've glimpsed at that fic. While personality-wise they're not all that different from the Guardians on the show (Will's son Aether is the leader, Irma's son Aqua is the jokester, Taranee's son Cyan is the smart one, Cornelia's son Nightshade is the rude, fiesty one, and Hay Lin's son Touya is the artistic, breezy one), I applaud you for thinking outside the box by making them boys for a change. Baroque enough that all 5 of the Guardians would have kids at the same time, let alone that they'd all coincidentally become the next group of Guardians (after all, the previous group of Guardians weren't the girls' mothers; it's not like the roles are handed down across specific bloodlines), but why do so many fanfic writers think all of the Guradians' kids would automatically be daughters?

I think the same thing. And actually, my new Generation story is their daughters, but it's different. I came up with an idea that between Yan Lin's generation and W.I.T.C.H., there was a large time gap. I thought that maybe a new evil could come up unexpectedly, but W.I.T.C.H. is too old and the Oracle doesn't have any guardians to choose because it was such an early evil coming. Therefore he chose W.I.T.C.H.'s daughters. Then another point is that they didn't have kids at the same time. There are 2 girls who are both 13, one that's 14, and then two others that were adopted and are now 14, really close to 15, and 13. But I just wanted to point it out. ^^;

And I'm going to make my character soon, but for now I must sleep.

EDIT: Sorry for making this post so late when your on page 3 and the quote's from page 1. ^^;

Edited on 06/17/2006 2:50am

ClowWinx26

[28]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 13
    What is it with making new generation stories with girl guardians?

HayLinAir

[29]Jun 17, 2006
    Because the Guardians are always girls.
    Although boys can still have rolls. Like Caleb is the Herald of Kandrakar.

HayLinAir

[30]Jun 17, 2006

Name: Mimi Elizabeth Lesleh

Nickname: Mika

Birthday: March 22

Look: Waist-length black hair, alchemy-coloured eyes, medium skin. 5'3"

Power: Terrakinesis.

Extra powers: Sometimes she can see the future. It's a small power; only works SOMETIMES. Can also move through solids.

Weakness: Sun. It makes her power weaken. She can still go outside when it's sunny; it's not like she'll get sick. For some reason she just gets weak from it. This is why her favourite weather is cloudy and windy.

Edited on 06/17/2006 10:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

ClowWinx26

[31]Jun 17, 2006

HayLinAir wrote:
    Because the Guardians are always girls. Although boys can still have rolls. Like Caleb is the Herald of Kandrakar.

I wrote my fanfic with boy guardians. Girl guardian stories are usually crap if they're not about the W.I.T.C.H. team, with the exception of a few. Powers like ice are stupid.

HayLinAir

[32]Jun 18, 2006
    Good for you. And I've read good girl guardian stories with just five and they really seem like if the creator of W.I.T.C.H. wrote about the generation of guardians after W.I.T.C.H., it would be like that.

Boy guardian stories bore me to tears. I usually try to avoid those.

ClowWinx26

[33]Jun 18, 2006
    Why do they bore you to tears? And anyway, on fanfiction.net, I'm the only one who has written a boy guardian story!

SergeWITCH

[34]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 5
    Hey! How's this:

Name: Lunar
    Look: Hair-blonde, with split ends to his shoulders; eyes-light blue
    Powers: Light, Darkness, Moon
    Bio: He's the Mage's apprentice and guardian. Because she doesn't let him do much of anything, he escapes from her lair, and joins the Guardians (of the Veil) to fight Nerissa.
    Weakness: When it's daylight, his powers over darkness are weak; when it's dark, his powers over light are weak; and when there's a full moon, his moon powers are the strongest.

Hmm... What do you think???

ClowWinx26

[35]Jun 18, 2006
    That's quite interesting! Rock on!

HayLinAir

[36]Jun 18, 2006

ClowWinx26 wrote:
    Why do they bore you to tears? And anyway, on fanfiction.net, I'm the only one who has written a boy guardian story!

No, I'm pretty sure I've read about three. One I've read is really weird with the boys having crushes on eachother or something similar to that. It was strange.

-Silverstar-

[37]Jun 18, 2006
    ClowWinx26 wrote:

HayLinAir wrote:
    Because the Guardians are always girls. Although boys can still have rolls. Like Caleb is the Herald of Kandrakar.

I wrote my fanfic with boy guardians. Girl guardian stories are usually crap if they're not about the W.I.T.C.H. team, with the exception of a few. Powers like ice are stupid.

The beauty of fanfiction is that you don't have to follow the rules of the show. Anything goes. You can have male Guardians if you so desire. I only don't like the fanfics where they have a new generation of Guardians and then they make them just like the original Guardians. If you're going to give them the exact same powers and personalities as the original team, then just use the original team, I say.

As for the powers, there are only 5 elements (according to Wicca: air, earth, fire, water and spirit), and I guess writers sometimes want to break from the usual fire, earth, air, water and The Heart. I don't mind the occasional use of other types of powers like ice or lightning or mind, as long as: a) the authors bear in mind that things like that aren't elements, and b) they're done well and they make sense. No Mary Sues or anything like that.

ClowWinx26

[38]Jun 19, 2006
    HayLinAir wrote:

ClowWinx26 wrote:

No, I'm pretty sure I've read about three. One I've read is really weird with the boys having crushes on eachother or something similar to that. It was strange.

I read that one. The writer removed the crushes because I cussed him about it. Read it again, it's really good now.

ClowWinx26

[39]Jun 19, 2006
    Can someone read my character post again please? I thought of some valuable flaws.

SpiritGoddess

[40]Jun 19, 2006
    • level: 10
    I still have more characters coming soon I just don't feel like typing for an hour.