W.I.T.C.H. Forums

Toon Disney (ended 2006)

Nerissa vs. Phobos

Witchlover

[21]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 14

and I fully agree with you on that

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ClowWinx26

[22]Aug 17, 2006
    • level: 13
    Witchlover wrote:

and I fully agree with you on that

And I can see why. She's got loads of patience. But she's dumb to keep using magic. And she said she was a guardian 40 YEARS AGO!

SpiritGoddess

[23]Aug 17, 2006
    • level: 10
    icewinter89 wrote:
    This is part of a post I put under the J spolier thread (plus a little more) so if it sounds firmilliar thats why. This part really belongs here though. It is a very good explaination of why Nerissa is way better. Also contains some spoliers for J so if you don't want to know, don't read it beyond this point...

Look at what great lengths Nerissa is willing to go in order to acomplish her goal. Pretending to be the guardian's friends in season 1 porves that she is willing to do whatever it takes and that she is a very patient villian... waiting for the right moment to strike. Just like the snake (which happens to be the smybol for the KOV). Using the KOV to take the suspision off herself for a time was a very smart thing. Nerissa is all about waiting for the right moment to strike and win. Where as Phobos was all about using lies to decive people over a long period of time. (He did have to wait of Elyon's powers to mature but thats another story). She's not the typical take over the world villian. She acually has a backstory and good motive(revenge). Phobos already had lots of power so he didn't really need much more. He just felt threatned by Elyon and the guardians so he decided to go after them. Nerissa has a better motive. IMO this makes her a better villian.
    I agree 100%

MajehKing

[24]Aug 18, 2006
    • level: 16
    Are you kidding? There's no contest! Nerissa would kick that momma's boy arse all the way. No offense to PHobos fans but I mean come on! I was actually rooting for Phobos when the knights released him. But after all that happened he gets put right back in his place after a simple spell by Elyon? That sucked. This guy's a chump!
    How much stronger is Elyon to him? Ten times? Twenty? What's his power ratio to that of the guardians? Come on PHobos you're of the royal family. Do something!

Todd_Gray

[25]Aug 18, 2006
    • level: 5
    SpiritGoddess wrote:
    Nerissa because she's my favorite bad guy and she's way more powerful then Phobos.

With Elyon's powers at her disposal she probably is, but before that, I think Nerissa knew better than to take Phobos on outright. In J Is For Jewel, we saw a good demonstration of Phobos' powers. Didn't look to me that Nerissa wanted anything to do with Phobos until she had tricked the Heart of Meridian from Elyon.

Babuna

[26]Aug 18, 2006
    Nerissa is a much better villain and the most of the things she does by herself (at least in the comic books), unlike Phobos who always sents Cedric to do his dirty work!

ClowWinx26

[27]Aug 18, 2006

Babuna wrote:
    Nerissa is a much better villain and the most of the things she does by herself (at least in the comic books), unlike Phobos who always sents Cedric to do his dirty work!

The funniest thing was when Phobos dashed the Crown of Light to the ground, and it bounced back and licked him in the face, cutting his "precious face!"

Babuna

[28]Aug 18, 2006
    Yeah, I remember that one! It was a bit of a shocker for him!

Witchlover

[29]Aug 18, 2006

*rolls eyes* yep. Phobos is really cool and all, but Neirssa kicks his butt. He couldn't even get the Heart of Candracar from Will at all in the Meridian sega and then didn't quite succeed (by a stroke of genious from Will) in the Trial of the Oracle sega. Nerissa tricked Will and got it though.(in the comics)

ClowWinx26

[30]Aug 18, 2006
    Witchlover wrote:

*rolls eyes* yep. Phobos is really cool and all, but Neirssa kicks his butt. He couldn't even get the Heart of Candracar from Will at all in the Meridian sega and then didn't quite succeed (by a stroke of genious from Will) in the Trial of the Oracle sega. Nerissa tricked Will and got it though.(in the comics)

Will was kinda dumb, she was blinded by love. If I had a girlfriend, I would not be letting her touch Kandrakar's Heart.

Babuna

[31]Aug 18, 2006

Yes, but she was also hurt and unsure and confused. She didn't believe in anyone, especially not her friends and the stuff with Nerissa made her to do that mistake. She thought she can trust Matt, but Nerissa tricked her!

Magicalboy

[32]Aug 18, 2006
    • level: 28
    nerissa

Prowler86Kid

[33]Aug 18, 2006
    Nerissa all the way. She has done more than Phobos has in only one episode. Then Nerissa also has that voice. I don't know what it is, but that voice is great. Whoever did the voice of Nerissa did a great job. Then she is also an ex guardian, so that makes it more interesting.

ClowWinx26

[34]Aug 18, 2006

Prowler86Kid wrote:
    Nerissa all the way. She has done more than Phobos has in only one episode. Then Nerissa also has that voice. I don't know what it is, but that voice is great. Whoever did the voice of Nerissa did a great job. Then she is also an ex guardian, so that makes it more interesting.

Yeah, and she has a better reason for being evil.

Babuna

[35]Aug 19, 2006

She wants a revenge, unlike Phobos who just wanted to get more power...so his story  is stupid!

Annihilator16

[36]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 5

Babuna wrote:
    unlike Phobos who just wanted to get more power...so his story  is stupid!

Alot of greatest villains in the history of comics desire power like Dr. Doom, Darkseid, The Green Goblin, The Kinpin, The Red Skull, and Lex Luthor.

makgambit

[37]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 11
    Nerissa to me is a more powerful villian. She uses others in one plan and still has other plans going that no one else knows about. Plus, how many powers does she have? She really does alot more than Phobos did.

riz992

[38]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 10
    Prowler86Kid wrote:

Kath Soucie plays the voice.

kelsinielsen

[39]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 12
    I vote for Nerissa too

Irmalover

[40]Oct 24, 2006
    There's almost no speaking of a 'Nerissa vs. Phobos'. She worked in the background to get him out of the way without being noticed. She has manipulated everyone who was involved to the downfall of Phobos' supremacy.
    Her Knights of Vengeance were nothing but puppets who had to cause destruction and disorder. But they weren't flawless. Since then they have no importance at all, just like Phobos, Cedric, all Lurdens and the military being loyal to Phobos. It wouldn't even matter to Nerissa if all those malicious guys were sent to oblivion.