W.I.T.C.H. Forums

Toon Disney (ended 2006)

W.i.t.c.h. FAQ

HexedToBe

[81]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 11
    Actually, that's an acceptable answer. Totally cool. Hahaha Justine was a nerd, like I am.

And no Winxy, I'm not rude. And I'll call Ashley Winxy from now on.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ClowWinx26

[82]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 13

Why are you calling me Winxy? Alright then, I'll call you Magische Matern then!

Taranee reminds me of myself because I'm just like her!

AbsilioPrime

[83]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 3

AbsilioPrime wrote:
    ]I got a few Q's: What was it like working on the show? Did anything interesting happen? Was there anything you didn't like? Do you keep in touch with anyone you used to work with? At any point in your stay, did you meet any voice actors/actresses? In your words, what was a day like in the production of W.I.T.C.H.?

a) It was a bit hectic and stressful, but also tremendously exciting and challenging. I never stopped learning, and although no one ever gets along with everybody, I did have the good fortune to meet several people who remain very special to my heart.

b) My work is always interesting to me, so define what constitutes ‘interesting’ to you.

c) I didn’t like having to pressure my collaborators because we were always playing catch-up with the schedule. And above all, I hated having to leave. I don’t think I can ever forgive those who laid me off.

d) I’m still in touch with a couple of writers, including Greg Weisman, as well as with several of my ex co-workers from SIP.

e) I only met the French voice actors (worked with them throughout the entire dubbing of the first season), but unfortunately I didn’t get to fly to LA to meet the American cast.

f) For me, there were often two days in one: When my day at SIP would end and I would go home, people on the other side of the Atlantic would get up and go to work, and since this was the only time of day I could directly interface with my American collaborators because of the time difference, I’d usually get back to work from home, until midnight or sometimes as late as 2 am my time. But, Greg Weisman being nocturnal, he was also frequently working late at night (his time) while I was back in the office in the morning.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and everyone else's. Sounds like you didn't leave on good terms. Sorry to hear that.Oh and by interesting I meant like if something odd or comical happened at the office and such.

Edited on 09/30/2006 5:59pm
    Edited 3 total times.

riz992

[84]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 10
    Hey witchinsider I was wondering what episodes you DID work on for season 2?

Annihilator16

[85]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 5

witchinsider wrote:

1. With a lot of characters to introduce in the first few episodes of the series, it was much simpler to skip the part where Vathek was actually a faithful follower of Phobos’ in the comics and go straight to him being a double-agent. As for Elyon, she was also used as a villain (although she was in fact only misguided) in season 1, like when she locked the girls in the pet shop in “The Mogriffs”, imprisoned the rebels in “Battle of Meridian Plains”, or trapped the Guardians inside a boat in “The Rebel Rescue.”

2. You just answered your own question: for comic relief, which is something producers and networks are big on, because otherwise they keep worrying that shows won’t be funny enough.

3. That I unfortunately would not know as the first script was already written when I arrived at SIP, and so I am unfamiliar with the genesis of it and of why it wasn’t based on the original Halloween party.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions witchinsider. Personally, I felt Blunk's creation was not necessary since Martin Tubbs and Uriah and his gang were used as comic relief characters in the comics. Plus, in the comics Irma is also used as comic relief through her jokes and clumsiness.

Edited on 10/01/2006 12:41am

ClowWinx26

[86]Oct 1, 2006

riz992 wrote:
    Hey witchinsider I was wondering what episodes you DID work on for season 2?

All of them, most likely!

I think Blunk is neccesary because animations can't always be true to the comics; that would be boring.

Annihilator16

[87]Oct 1, 2006
    I didn't think his creation was necessary, and he is more much more annoying than funny.

ClowWinx26

[88]Oct 1, 2006
    But that's in your opinion. others find him funny.

Annihilator16

[89]Oct 1, 2006

ClowWinx26 wrote:
    But that's in your opinion. Others find him funny.

Well, I just didn't him humorous.

Back on topic.

Post any thoughtful questions about W.i.t.c.h. here.

ClowWinx26

[90]Oct 1, 2006
    Why does Nerissa have so much scars?

HexedToBe

[91]Oct 1, 2006
    Annihilator16 wrote:

ClowWinx26 wrote:
    But that's in your opinion. Others find him funny.

Well, I just didn't him humorous.

Back on topic.

Post any thoughtful questions about W.i.t.c.h. here.

Are you human, or from another planet?

Anyways, Winxy, I think it's when she was the Mage, coz there weren't any beds present near that tree. If you get what I mean. "Numbers don't lie." Or probably because of the life force she drained from herself.

Ok, question:

-What ethicacy (sp?) is Kadma?

ClowWinx26

[92]Oct 1, 2006
    On a stone then! Anyway Magische Matern (means Charmed Ones in Dutch) Kadma is BLACK. Not ASIAN or INDIAN, BLACK.

HexedToBe

[93]Oct 1, 2006
    Um, why'd you think I asked witchinsider the question?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, Nerissa should be put on a show called Desperate Guardians where she goes to any limits to achieve her goal. I mean geez, woman, have you heard of a bed?

ClowWinx26

[94]Oct 1, 2006
    LMFAO! oh no! If she head that she'd kill you. I'd tell her to kiss my Afro!

riz992

[95]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    Hey witchinsider I'm soory too that you lost you're job. I think you definitely deserve it. It must have been hard working with some hard-to-deal with people and having to deal with the censorship and stuff which brings me to my next question: I remember you saying that you guys couldn't use the words kill, killed, die, etc. because of broadcasting rules. I was wondering then, why can shows like Avatar use them? Is it because of different companies or something?

Annihilator16

[96]Oct 1, 2006

HexedToBe wrote:

Why did you have to write that ? The reason why I wrote that was because people often have the habit of going off-topic in some threads.

I apologize for angering you.

Edited on 10/01/2006 3:56pm

MoonCloud217

[97]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 7
    Annihilator16 wrote:

HexedToBe wrote:

Why did you have to write that ? The reason why I wrote that was because people often have the habit of going off-topic in some threads.

I apologize for angering you.

I agree with you annihilator Blunk is of little use, but I've learned to like him actually.. in some weird way... since there are kids watching the show, there has to be more childish jokes.. theres where blunk comes in..!

ClowWinx26

[98]Oct 1, 2006

riz992 wrote:
    Hey witchinsider I'm soory too that you lost you're job. I think you definitely deserve it. It must have been hard working with some hard-to-deal with people and having to deal with the censorship and stuff which brings me to my next question: I remember you saying that you guys couldn't use the words kill, killed, die, etc. because of broadcasting rules. I was wondering then, why can shows like Avatar use them? Is it because of different companies or something?

It's beacuse of Disney US.

gweisman

[99]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 1
    Re: The transformation sequences. Once, Will switched from "The Heart" to "Quintessence," I wanted her to go last because "Quintessence" literally means the "Fifth Element". It didn't make sense to me to have the fifth go first. I also liked the idea of Will bracketing the transformation sequence, i.e. she opens it with "Guardians Unite!" and closes it with "Quintessence!"

BTRAV

[100]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 27
    Blunk can be very helpful.