W.I.T.C.H.

Toon Disney (ended 2006)

witchinsider

W.I.T.C.H. Fan Reviews (197)

• An ambitious try for the "girl power" but ends up being astoundingly misogynistic.

The animation is great and the story telling is very interesting. Howerer, the show thinks it's empowering the females of this world, but in reality it's really getting them down with countless mysoginistic remarks. I'm all for girl power, but I can't look past all of Caleb's mysoginistic remarks in literally every episode. He says things like: "ugh . "you just listen to girl music", and "you can't argue with giiiiiiiirls". It's very depressing. Also some of the episodes clearly serve the purpose of showing how "giiiiiiirls" get their self-esteem from boys liking them. A good example is the show were the "Swiss girl" gets all the attention and the guardians feel under-valued because the boys don't drool over them anymore. I say all this as someone who grew up with the comics. This isn't right. This portayes human females as both physicaly and emotionally weeker than males, also it gives the main male character a free pass on humiliating all female characters for the sake of being female. Like how he often says: "giiiirls, you can't talk to them", or "giiirls, they don't listen". or "damn, giiiirls, they never listen". How is this a good show for teenagers?!

As much as I love the animation, and as much as I love the fantastical story, I hate to say that this show is terrible for all kids, no matter what gender. It's stereotypical and mysoginistic :(
  • WITCH is the Greatest

WITCH was the finest Jetix series. When it came out, I watched it, but I did not got into it until now.

It is about five girls: Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin, who are Guardians of Meridian (not witches), a place that is from another world. They have to protect Earth from being ruled by Phobos, the prince of design is fantastic (setting and character designs are vivid), the action sequences are unique, the characters are likable and relatable (including Blunk), the voice acting are believable,the drama is not over the top, there are plenty of comedy, good chemistry with the romance, the villains are intelligent and ambitious, the theme song suits the series theme, the music fits the mood, and has an anime vibe. Each episode gets more series and makes you want to watch more. The themes of the animated series are teamwork, sisterhood, trust, girl power, and friendship.

It is different from the comics, but in a good way. It is one of the only Magical Girl series that does not always focus on the main character/leader. All of the girls are focused.

There are many Lord of The Rings references, maybe Sailor Moon too.

In the end, WITCH is underrated, humorous, smart, and entertaining to watch.
  • was the BEST SHOW EVERRRRRRR!

This show is great, really enjoyed it, I want to see a season 3!! we need a season . PLEEEEAAASSSEEEEEE
  • Was the best show ever

Was an extremely fun and exciting show to watch with action and adventure lurking at nearly every corner, this show was packed with excitement and thrills. The show also showed the true bond of friendship between five girls with extraordinary powers and abilities, such as the abilities to fly control water, fire, earth, air and even lightning. The show made even the most serious person laugh and the funny jokes and references to real life. I love to show and my only regret is that a third season wasn't made.
  • Amazing show/ comic book.

I first watched the show in 2012, when I randomly came across it via the internet and I have since watched all of the episodes and even got into the comics. I am saddened that there was never a third season made about the additional arcs. I think should have a revival and they should also make more comics, please ask Elizabetta Gnone to make more comics and a third season.
  • Great Show

• A clever title goes here!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! cme back on t.v! I miss this a lot!! :'( :'( :'( People who agree with me and want this to cme back on t.v pls like this!
  • wrong

i forgot about it i watch it when i was little i was thinking it was the winx club girls but i was wrong
  • Amazing Show

This is truly one of the most amazing shows I have ever watched. It is full of creativity and humor. The animation and transformations are amazing. I love how each of the main characters is unique and have different powers but can combine their powers in various ways to achieve different effects. Will is kind of the tom-boy, Irma is the comedian, Taranee is the smart one, Cornelia is the sassy spoiled one, and Hay Lin is the bubbly happy one. In the first episode, Will receives the Heart of Kandrakar which gives the girls their powers. I like how they don't instantly become amazing super heroes as soon as they transform for the first time. Over the course of the entire series, they gradually get stronger and learn how to use their powers more effectively. I also really thought it was clever how they need the Heart to transform in order to maximize their powers. If the guardians are not together or if there is disharmony without their group, they are not able to use their powers to their full potential. I watch this show again each year and I really hope that they make a Season 3.
  • THEY NEED TO do a SEASON 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY need to do a SEASON 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 SIGN A PETITION ONLINE season 3 season 3 season3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 SEASON 3 SEASON 3 SEASON 3 SEASON SEASON 3 SEASON 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3 season 3
  • Fantastic

I have to admire this show for one simple reason. It did something that is a real rarity in produced television media nowadays. It managed to deliver a second season that was even better than the first one. Don't get me wrong. I loved season one. It never lacked excitement, plot twists, and romance. The subplot with the Prince's sister was done masterfully and brought to the forefront in a manner that I think the producers of JLU would have had trouble topping. However, the second season duplicated the greatness of the first season and improved upon it. The powers of the guardians were expanded, origins were explained, and there was the inclusion of a bad guy that wasn't bad simply for the heck of it. However, the one mistake that I believe the producers made was not renewing the show for season 3. I don't know why they didn't do it. The material was there in the comics and everything.... Oh well. Jetix (or Disney XD) has been fooling around with a lot of bad programming recently.
  • This was the worst show of all time! It did not follow the original W.I.T.C.H. comic series. Stupid Disney should have never been able to buy them out.

This was the worst show of all time! It did not follow the original W.I.T.C.H. comic series. Stupid Disney should have never been able to buy them out. If you ever read the original series you would completely understand my deal with this show. The original comic series was actually witch like and had actual scary parts to it. It was really witch like, and in every issue they would give you a few spells to try out for yourself. It was the real deal. Not the fake crud that this show is. And they made Will was too girly in this series and missed everyone's personality by a mile.
  • Even though it didn't follow the comics, it still was pretty good.

W.I.T.C.H. is about 5 teenage girls who discover they are guardians of the veil. I haven't watched this show since February, but I still remember some parts. I liked the comics better, though, as I always do, but the show was still pretty good. You know manga that becomes anime? Well, I usually don't like the voices of that because they irritate me, which is why I stop watching the anime, because of the voices. This was different The voices were fine and the animation was good, even though it was in an anime-ish style. The characters were ok, and unlike the comics, it didn't last very long. I'm sad it doesn't come on anymore.
  • Not exactly the comic book, but it still rocks!

As a fan of the comic book, I have to say that the series bears similarities with the comic book and its characters, but it also has a lot of differences. But, just like the adaptations of mangas to animes, like Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon, it's still a good adaptation. The characters are still the same, although some points of the story are different, and are seen in a different perspective. The animation, well, I can say that I'm fairly impressed with it, and the transformations are wicked cool! Oh, and I also like the exclusive characters that they created for the series like Miranda, who i think is a wicked villainess and a great character.

The cast who provides the voices of the characters is very good, especially Candi Milo, who voice Irma, because I always imagined Irma with that voice. The humour and the constant arguments between some of the characters is something that gives the series a reason for us to watch it. The only thing I'm against when it comes to this cartoon, is probably the fact that we never get to see the Oracle in season 1, and of course, the fact that Yan Lin's alive, while in the comic she died in the second issue of the comic book, although she's still alive in Kandrakar. Aside from that, it's a pretty good show, and I would not mind to watch a third season, if they do it, of course.
  • The show is about five regular girls who are givein the powers of the four elemnts and the heart. They most protect Earth by repairing holes in a veil which serepartes us from evil.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! IT'S SO GOOD! It doesn't have many episodes or any mature contant but it's so good on its own!!! I love how the five girls are all different and offer a great varity of power! The characters are amazing and funny!! GO IRMA! [SHE'S MY FAV!] The second season in my opinion wasn't as good as the first but I still love it cause it's the W.I.T.C.H series!!!!! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants mature stuff or hates disney!! But I would to anyone who loves- romance, action, comedy, HOT chicks and guys!!!!!!! I love this show to the core and you will too!!!
  • I agree! We need the show back. I want to turn on the TV in the morning and be gob smacked at the site of a show that I thought I was never going to see again. I want to be able to scream,"It's Back!" and glare at the fuzzy colours till late that morning.

For three years now I've been interested in this show. I've been collecting the novels and watching the episodes online whenever I have time. Unfortunately I don't have paid TV therefore watching them online is not always satisfying. I NEED the show on DVD, but once again this is impossible. Okay, maybe not impossible but the DVD's are terribly hard to find. My loss at not having them to watch on hand went so far as to having the erg to call Disney and tell them to release DVD's of this delightful show. I can't even order them from over seas for chips sake! Not fair! Love the show and it needs to come back. The characters never get old and, hey, let's face it, two seasons is not enough.
  • An AWESOME series about five ordinary girls with an extraordinary secret!

This series is about Will Vandom, Irma Lair, Taranee Cook, Cornelia Hale, and Hay Lin, also known as W.I.T.C.H. Five girls with an extraordinary secret-they're the Guardians of the Veil. I've seen a pretty good amount of great television shows, but this takes the cake! W.I.T.C.H. is one of my top five favorite shows! I just can't stop watching! The creators NEED to bring this back! I'm dying to see a third season!

A few of my favorite quotes:

Hay Lin: I hear lots of men talking.
    Taranee: An ambush?
    Irma: Or a Star Trek convention.
    -"The Underwater Mines"

Taranee: Woo-hoo! Y'all get ready for a down-home crawdad roast!
    -"The Rebel Rescue"

Taranee: Isn't getting to the truth why we joined the school paper?
    Bess Grumper: We wanted to write about clothes.
    Uriah: I got detention. It was this or clean toilets.
    Irma: Is that job still oen?
  • An amazing show!

It is well and truly my best friend. W.I.T.C.H. With it's clever use of action, drama, romance and comedy it is an utterly brilliant show. I've liked it ever since I first read one of the comics. Issue one funnily enough. Though the show, in my opinion, better. The characters have such completly different personalities which just adds to the fun with the Down-to-earth Will, Funny Irma, Smart Taranee, Narcississtic Cornelia and Happy-go-lucky Hay Lin. Plus the slightly arrogant Caleb and funnily annoying Blunk. Sheer Brilliance. I have never and probably will never stop loving W.I.T.C.H. 100% devoted fan and sticking to it. I would recommend it to everyone!
  • My pre-teen love

7.6
    W.I.T.C.H. is the story of five ordinary girls from Heatherfield who soon become W.I.T.C.H. Their names are Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin. They are all thirteen years old. I first heard of W.I.T.C.H. by accident and unintentionally back in June 2005. I was in Year 7 at the time, first year of high school, and I was twelve. What happened was I missed the school bus and my mum was worried about me going to school alone, so she let me stay home for the day (very protective, huh). On the way home from the bus stop, Mum said I could get a magazine, show I looked on the magazine section and I found theW.I.T.C.H. magazine along with the rest, so I got that. I soon became a big fan, and I was watching and recording all the episodes that were on CBBC channel. But I wanted the magazines aswell since my mum only bought that in hopes of it not continuing to collect. She bougfht me the next one in December 2005, and I still have all the issues to this day. For my thirteenth birthday I got nothing but W.I.T.C.H. stuff (well, apart from the ugg boots and a pink game boy advance, wit a W.I.T.C.H. game!). A year later, I felt too grown up for it, and I got my last issue in December 2006. It was sad, but oh well. I completely recommend this to a lot of young girls who are around 12/13. It was truely excellent :)
  • W.I.T.C.H Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, Hay-lin. The wonder girls

W.I.T.C.H stands for 5 girls that have powers of a viel. the names are Will the leader, Irma has the element of water, whitch she can fight the bad guys using any water move. Will can close portels aswell, and open them, but only with the tailsman. Taranee has the power over fire, just like Irma she can do any move that envoles fire. Cornelia, a wonderfull series girl, but is nice and caring, cornelia has the power of earth [ whitch she would prefere something else]. Hay-lin she is the cheering, fun energetic, loving and most of all hay-lin never will cerander and always try her best. The five girls are always helping and will always come when needed, even if you do have a hard time fitting in at a new school, and your bestie being a queen and going to the dark side, what else can go wrong.
    Cutest character
    will
    Funniest character
    will and Irma
    main character
    will irma taranee cornelia and hay-lin
  • Five girls with elemental magical powers fighting against the forces of evil!

I absolutely love love love love love love love love love love this show! It has everything a W.I.T.C.H. fan wants! Action, fantasy, adventure, magic, personality diversity, teen agnst, and romance. I even have the book(s) on the show! Anyone can relate to some of the characters. For example, Will and I are alike, not because we both have red hair, but we are kind of loners. I love the first part of Season one and the final episode. But I don't like the episodes where Prince Phobos, Cedric, and the other villians lie to Elyon that her family and friends have betrayed her. I also like Season two; except the ones where Will and her mom argue sometimes esp. about dating Will's history teacher. I also don't like C is for Changes, D is for Dangerous, and E is for Enemy when Will's Mom was planning to transfer back to their old home town without asking Wil for her opinion. I mean hello! Will is not a little girl anymore! As I recall didn't she encourage Will to make friends and hangout with them more in the first few episodes? Later in the series she suddenly doesn't want Will to hangout with them all the time because of her grades. Geez lady make up your mind!
  • 5 ordinary girls learn they have magic powers and become the new Guardians of the Veil.

Who can't hate this series I love it a lot! I first got volume 4 of the book series (only book left) and at first i was curious about what happend in the other three books and once I got them I became obsessed. I own all the books and I've seen all the episodes and I've been listening to the new podcast which totally rocks! It's kind of a magical girl series and I thought it kind of looked like a manga in color but it's not but it's cool enough to be. No one knows about my obsession because I'm 15 and if anyone found out I liked a kid series I'd die of embarasment (though I know my friends wouldn't mind). Well I love W.I.T.C.H a lot and even 20 years from now I probally still will love it.
  • ...

Bring it back now !! Why did they end it ? it's such a great show, and so many are watching it! no need to end it! It is so unfair! really .. i'm so mad .. I was like really happy when the season ended because it really looked like there were going to be another season ..
  • I think this is the best show EVER. PLEASE bring it back!!! I LOVE IT!

This is the best show on t v. I love it and watch it all the time. I play with the w i t c h toys all the time, i have to buy them of ebay because they cant hardly be found any where else...whats up with that anyways? I check the t v guide every week to see if there is going to be another new show, with much regret i have not seen a new episode in a very long time. I am begging for you to please bring it back, it is really the ONLY show on tv i enjoy...my mother even watches it with me, tv, popcorn, and witch. Bring it back PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • W.I.T.C.H. is plainly a great show.

There is not much to really say about W.I.T.C.H., sadly, except it is a wonderful and well made show. Basically, the first season revolves around five girls, Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia and Hay Lin, the new guardians of the Veil, stopping the evil prince tyrant of a planet known as Meridian from absorbing his lost sister, Elyon's, power. The second season is more of a universally spread showdown between the guardians and the very sneaky and devious Nerissa and her three groups of henchmen that come and go. The plot is exciting and well written, the graphics are nice, the soundtrak is great, and the voice acting is impressive, making W.I.T.C.H. a great show to watch.
  • A great retelling of the comic

I have been a fan of the witch comics for a while and when I found out they were making a cartoon adaptation, I was very excited. The characters stay true to the comic (though there were a few design changes)and the story is very simmilar in season one, with a few changes. As for season two, because they changed the plot quite a bit, I like to think of it as an alternate universe to the comic. Witch is about five girls, the first letter of thier names when put together, spell witch. They act like normal teenagers, but they also save the world from evil and in season 2 they save the center of infinity itself: Kandrakar.
  • One of my fav. shows.

W.I.T.C.H. is one of the best shows ive seen out there. W.I.T.C.H. stands for Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin. They live in Heatherfield, go to to school and do normal teenage girl stuff. Except that they are also the guardians of the veil (Guardians of the infinite dimensions in season 2). There job is to seal the portals that open up around heatherfield (season 1) and protect earth from evil. They each have a different power. Irma(My favorite character) has power over Water, Taranee has power over Fire, Cornelia has power over Earth, and Hay Lin has power over Air. Will is the keeper of the heart and can control Absolute Energy ( in season 2 she can control Quintessence). I love this show because its the only girl show on jetix, and it sometimes teaches you life lessons. I enjoy watching it everytime, even if they do re-runs.
  • W.I.T.C.H. is about 5 teenage girls: Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin. However, they have control over the 5 elements and find out they are the Guardians of the Veil and have to keep another universe, Meridian, and Earth in balance.

W.I.T.C.H. is a really great show with a lot of action and adventure. I love the way they added in the elements like in Avatar. The 5 elements are Quintessence, Water, Fire, Earth, and Air. It has a very good plot line and I also love how Seasons 1 and 2 and connected. Events in Season 1 affect what happens in Season 2. The show not only shows fantasy, but also problems that kids in real life face. This show is a wonderful show which also shows the normal part of these girls' lives. This show is not meant for just young girls, but for everyone: boys, the old, and the young.
  • Five best friends were drawn together,by which they thought was destiny,but was really all done by the oricle.W.i.t.c.h.(Will,Irma,Taranee,Cornelia,Hay Lin) controlled the five elements of energy,water,fire,earth,and air, to save the worlds from evil.

W.i.t.c.h. is my personal faverite and is totally awesome!
    I highly recomend it for children of all ages.I, myself, is 13 years old and enjoy it. It teaches kids about team work,friendship,good,bad,and so much more.I would more recomend to buy the seasons on dvd instead of just watching it on t.v becuase disney moved the time slot so its kinda hard to watch. Will Vandom is the leader and binds the girls together. She controls energy and soon gets the power of Quintessance(Powerful electrisity).Will is very kind and often thinks of other people.
    Irma is the funny one of the group. she always is cracking jokes and being a little sarcastic.She is kind and controls the element of water .
    Taranee is Smart and caring. She controls the stubbern element of fire.
    Cornelia is the more Popular one of the group of friends. Cornelia can be somewat mean and short tempered allot but overall she is a ok friend. She controls the element of Earth. Cornelia's little sister is the heart of earth who is too young to know yet, so she bines her power to someone who will use it for good and help protect earth. Hay Lin is very energetic and is always in a great mood. Hay lin is usually smiling and has a great attitude. Hay lin's original country is China and is proud of it! her parents own a chineese resterant. Hay lin controls the breezy ellement of air. Will Unites The Guardians Together as a Force For Good!
  • A show about five teenage girls who transform using a magical pendant, the Heart of Candracar. They face evil while trying to lead a normal life.

This is one of the best shows I have ever watched. The way it is is amazing. I am sad that I can't watch it on TV anymore as I don't have the channel it airs on. The wonderful animation and clarity add to the show's effect. It was very adventurous and made me feel in the story. This show makes my whole self tingle and I am sad to hear it may not air anymore. Hopefully it will come back on air on the channels I do have, or at least it will continue, because this show always makes me feel great. (WITCH rox everyone's sox! Support the cause to bring it back on air)
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7