Witchblade

TNT (ended 2002)

Endgame65

Witchblade Fan Reviews (8)

• Was it Joan of Arc? Perhaps? This was the story of a woman's struggle against her demons, and an age old battle of good vs evil. It always helps to have a sword that can be worn on the wrist.

I remember my reaction when I saw the two hour pilot episode, I was just amazed. I thought the story line was awesome, the actors very well cast, and I couldn't wait for the following segments. I enjoyed how the sword, called "the witchblade" intertwined the past and present, flashbacks of some greater figures of our history. I hadn't followed the comic book previously, but immediately ordered a subscription to learn more. The series premiered on TNT, and I contacted the local cable company (I lived in a very small town) who supplied me with two promotional posters. I have since had those framed. I was an avid viewer for the two seasons that the showed aired, and was very disappointed when Yancy Butler's alcohol addiction and declining health gave Witchblade a bleak future. The eventually cancellation was a very sad day at my house.