Without a Trace

Cloudy With a Chance of Gettysburg

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Dec 16, 2008 on CBS

• a TV weatherman goes missing

In this episode of Without a Trace, the following happens. A TV weather man by the name of Ben Coleman goes missing. The last time he was seen, he had a cut on his side which started bleeding whilst he was still on air. The team soon learn that Ben recently broke up with his fiancé, and he has recently sent another woman flowers. We soon learn that the guy, who was with the girl when she received the flowers, is one of Ben's friends. Ben sent her the flowers on behalf of his friend. We soon learn that Ben recently met up with an old friend from High School. They went to a re-enactment and his friend accidentally stabbed him. The team soon track down a con man who Ben was tracking down. Ben went to see him and collapsed when he met the con man. The team are then led to where Ben is, and he is alive but barely.
  • As a television weatherman films his usual report, the camera crew notices that he is bleeding from his side. The weatherman disappears shortly thereafter. Jack and the team try to determine if the man's wound is related to his disappearance.

A sceond consecutive disappointmet for "Without a Trace." I found this episode to be very dull and uninteresting. Despite the fact that the weatherman admits he's a jackass, I had no sympathy for him. That being as it may, it's tough to route for him. When the cause of his disappearance was reaveled I wasn't surprised. After all, hints had been dropped about that throughout the episode. Plus the ending has been recycled countless times. Did anybody actually think he was not going to quit once that microphone was put in his hand? I hope things turn around in 2009.