Without a Trace Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

no more without a trace on dvd?

polly34

[1]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 3

i read an article on a site that without a trace was no longer coming out on dvd as it hadn't had very good sales? please can someone put my mind at rest, and tell me this is not true? have the first 3, not interested in season 4, but want the ones after that.... please help

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pealee_83

[2]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 19
    I can't say for sure. I haven't heard anything. But I do know the sales did effect the release of S2. If S2 did not do well then it will hold up the release of S3-7. The only thing to do is buy the DVDs that are out and send in a comment to CBS asking for the release of other DVDs. Also vote at tvshowsondvd.com. I'd like S3-6 to be released but I'm not holding my breath for them anytime soon.

camanachd

[3]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    Over the years I have managed to get Seasons 1, 2, 3 + 4 through various internet sites. As far as I know Season 5 onwards is still not out on DVD and I have no idea if and when these episodes will be released.

pealee_83

[4]Dec 8, 2008
    Yeah in the UK and Australia, offically WaT is released on DVD for S1-4. But the US(region 1) sales suck. So therefore no legal DVD copies. I wouldn't buy that homemade crap people sell online as the offical DVD. But it's rare I watch S1 and 2 on DVD anyway. It sucks they don't include any extras. I'd like to see interviews, behind the sceens, a gag wheel, etc.

agent_0042

[5]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 66
    The problem, I think, as I've mentioned before in another thread on this board about this topic is the wealth of repeats available on TNT and general syndication. Perhaps the reason DVD sales are flat is because on any given day, people can catch potentially as many as about five or so different episodes of the show.

camanachd

[6]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    Maybe that is the problem with the release of the DVD sets in the USA. In the UK we are lucky to see an episode of WAT. Season 7 not even being shown yet.

pealee_83

[7]Dec 9, 2008
    I'm not so sure syndiction is a problem. CSI always airs on Spike, in maratons so does the L&O series. But they all seem to be doing fine with DVD releases. Bottom line is if the DVD doesn't sell the next season won't be released.

pippi777

[8]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    I have been searching forever for Season 3-6 on DVD. My brother wound up finding Season 1-6 on DVD somewhere (not sure where!) and got it for me for Christmas. It had to come from China. Parts have to have Chinese subtitles, and it's missing the last few episodes for Season 5 and the last few for Season 6. Where did you find the individual sets for Season 3 and Season 4, camanchd?

pealee_83

[9]Jan 4, 2009
    Those are illegal copies. Offically Region 1(the US and I believe Canada) only has S1 and 2 on DVD. The UK and maybe Australia has up to season 4, offically. All others are done illegally and not offical. No way would I pay all that money for DVDs when it's actually someone copying them off their TV and then selling them for waaay more money then they are worth. Plus it's not really legal. The actors/writers/etc deserve to get payed for their work.

pippi777

[10]Jan 5, 2009
    Thanks, pealee. Good to know. Actually, I tried to watch 1 tonight. The 1 episode that I wanted to watch, of course it's a 2 part show, didn't work. The other 2 episodes on the dvd worked, just not the one I wanted. I did find somewhere that the UK had through season 4 or 5. I do agree that they deserve to get paid for their work, too!

ArthurBranch

[11]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 5
    I was thinking -- since they have released 3 and 4 in Region 2, it can't be too long before they will in Region 1. It could be that a lot of the Season 3 and 4 episodes air on TNT. Law & Order is ridiculously slow about their earlier seasons too, finally issuing Season 6 in December. They've got 12 more to go to catch up.

rdwing19

[12]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 14
    Unfortunately, that doesn't seem likely. Sales were pretty abysmal for 1,2 so I don't see the rush on S3. I guess the only thing that can happen is to email CBS and the studio asking for it. Maybe one day they'll listen.

CharmedGirl7

[13]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 9
    I haven't heard anything about releases either. But I advice you to keep checking the tv.com news section and then check out www.tvshowsondvd.com - I have found it very reliable for a few years now. I hope it helps

agent_0042

[14]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 66
    And register with TVShowsOnDVD too-- they have an option that lets you vote that you want to see seasons of a particular show released on DVD.

swedechick

[15]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 10

One other thing that might help is signing up at Amazon.com to be notified when Season 3-7 are available. As I have understood it, Amazon communicates this interest to the network in question.

rosebud41298

[16]Apr 25, 2010
    I have season 1 through 3. For some reason I understand that they have the 4-6 out but only in UK because they play on a different kind of dvd or media player. But if they can do that then why not do it for all of us! I love that show. Then it was suppose to be on at 2 a.m. on ch 12.2 and both ch 12's went off the air!!! Makes me mad. Yes there are other FBI and detective shows on, of which the CSI's, and Criminal Minds I love. But WOAT was good!!!

pretty_sure

[17]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 38

I don't know this for a fact, I didnt check into it, but i would imagine if anyone would have seasons 5-7 it would be itunes.