Without a Trace Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Official Thread for Ep 7-24, Season Finale: UNDERTOW (may contain spoilers)

rdwing19

[1]May 17, 2009
    • level: 14
    Well, we have reached the end of the 7th season of Without a Trace and possible the end of a great show. CBS has yet to announce its plans for the 09-10 TV season, but it is rumored that Without a Trace may not return. Don't miss this season (and possible series) finale this Tuesday and come back to discuss!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

djariya

[2]May 19, 2009
    • level: 19
    According to Ausiello at EW.com, it's been cancelled.

This is now the final episode.

It was a good run. I wish the cast and crew all the best, especially Anthony LaPaglia.

Carycomic

[3]May 19, 2009
    • level: 13

I was hoping the rumors were wrong. But, the way Jack Malone and Marianne Jean-Baptiste's character were talking, after reuniting Derek and Robin, immediately put me on edge. And, the montage of photos that followed the pan-in on Derek's photo? That clinched it. That's one of the many ways script-writers of cop shows use to tell the loyal fans good-bye on a series finale.'

To paraphrase that junior tech on Grissom's last episode of CSI (TOS): "It looks like the Bad Guys have won." The Bad Guys, in this case, being the network executives who cancelled WOAT.

Edited on 05/19/2009 8:27pm

talieson

[4]May 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    they had a great run. I knew they were going to split Jack & Sam again so I wan't going to be watching anymore anyway. Enough was enough.
    I hope Anthony laPaglia gets a new show very soon, the man is a brilliant actor and sexy as hell

haldrey

[5]May 20, 2009
    • level: 22
    A superb episode and (hopefully) season finale. The only thing I hated was the very ending, it had all the making of a series finale, that would be really tragic.

agent_0042

[6]May 20, 2009
    • level: 66
    haldrey, it's already been announced that the show is canceled. Strong season finale; strong series finale. Good case to watch, nice touches on the personal stuff as well.

danharr

[7]May 21, 2009
    • level: 45
    Damn catch my friday blog to talk about how many shows I've lost this season. It seems like each year I lose a ton of shows anyway good episode and fitting end to the show.

alex_cc

[8]May 21, 2009

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haven't been on here in a while...and this is what i come back to? the most horrible news ever! How could they cancel it? Man this is a huge blow to me, I'm gonna watch the series finale right now, hope to see all these three sexy men in something soon!

Pet_Petra

[9]May 22, 2009
    • level: 17

Great show. I'll miss Eric Close, hope to see him again on TV soon.

I'm actually glad the Sam/Jack saga ended in the last episode, their relationship (and Jack) was the only thing I didn't like about the show. The things I put up with to see Eric Close

agent_0042

[10]May 24, 2009
    Eric Close was the reason I chose to watch the show when it first came out. I was a big fan of his performance in the unfairly-canceled-after-one-season Now and Again.

justlooking7

[11]May 25, 2009
    • level: 3
    In that vein, ALP was the only reason I watched the show and if it came back without him I wouldn't tune in. I love Jack Malone and it's good to see that ALP has several projects coming up.

alex_cc

[12]May 26, 2009
    I know the writing and storylines haven't been the same incredible calibre as seasons 2 and 3 (hell i remember a dvd of wannabe and another ep being passed around for consideration for ALP's emmy nomination). But this isn't cause for cancellation! Not to mention tons of emmy, SAGS, and young artist nominaions for people that were minor characters/ guest stars (chet collins character, darian weiss in stolen, ashlyn sanchez, david henrie in bday boy). What the eff happened?!

agent_0042

[13]May 28, 2009
    What happened is that CBS is just too successful for our good and if it had been on any other network this wouldn't have happened.

rdwing19

[14]May 28, 2009
    • level: 14
    agent_0042 wrote:
    What happened is that CBS is just too successful for our good and if it had been on any other network this wouldn't have happened.

Exactly correct. No other network would have gotten rid of this show, ratings or production cost reason. Perfectly said.

Btw, Undertow was GREAT! I loved the MP storyline. I think they integrated the "personal" lives of the characters well. I'm so happy at least we know Danny & Elena got married. Woulda been nice to see something of that though, although they didn't want to make it too soap-opera like, which I agree. Even though them montage of photos at the end was a nice touch, it wasn't because it was the final episode. Those were only MP from this season. That was gonna happen whether or not we had a season 8 coming.

lynna12000

[15]Aug 6, 2009
    • level: 21
    I was disappointed that they ended Jack/Sam. After all these years, and all the roadblocks; they finally got together. And then this? It makes no sense. At least not to me. Oh well.....

Other than that, this was a pretty good season/series finale. Even if I would have liked it to be Cold Case that got the axe.

Peggy_Porcupine

[16]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 13

I recorded the last few episodes to watch later and last week was the 'later'. I had not heard it was cancelled. But, when I watched this episode, when it ended with the montage of former missing people I thought "Oh no, the series is over." So I had to come over here to check and, sigh, yup. Seven years is a good run and at least they did have a good ending to the series, not leaving us hanging like they did with some others - JAG comes to mind!

Thank you for an enjoyable 7 years.

Peggy from Porcupine