Trace facing almost sure cancellation?

hal9000_basic

[1]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 8

According to this article it does.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/exclusive-witho.html

I really like the Show.

Edited on 03/12/2009 9:19am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pealee_83

[2]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 19
    I won't be surprised if both Case and Trace are axed. Both shows are past their prime. And both shows almost got the ax last year. Also sales sucking for DVD sales for Trace and no DVD release for Case. No money being made there. Plus they have huge actors on both shows, plus really good guest stars. So theres more money. And neither show gets the prime age group that the networks want. It'll be sad to see them go but certainly not shocking. Both shows had good runs. 7 and 6 seasons is pretty darn good for cookie cutter crime dramas.

rdwing19

[3]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 14

I just hope we can get at least one extra season of Trace or even a midseason entry to give us closure and to give the actors one last shot at wowing us. Mind you, this is all now a rumor. Nothing has been set in stone and if the cast takes a cut or refuses to accept their annual raise, then maybe something can be worked out. I wouldn't cause a panic just yet, BUT I also wouldn't be surprised come May and its not on the fall schedule. For those interested here are two petitions that you can sign in hopes of saving Trace!

http://www.petitiononline.com/wat2010/petition.html

http://www.petitiononline.com/wat2009/petition.html

PS - I am going to sticky this thread for people to not miss it and for us to discuss this scary news ...

Edited on 03/12/2009 12:10pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RockyBoc

[4]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 6

I Love Without a Trace and i really hope we get at least 1 more season to tie up all the loose ends. it would be a shame for it to just end like that!

amyhj23

[5]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 4
    Oh this really really sucks! we're not even on season 7 yet in the uk, so if it does end hopeully it won't be for a while here, but still! stupid economy!!

rdwing19

[6]Mar 15, 2009
    If you want your voices heard ... sign the petitions I posted. Never know ... I also have gone to CBS.com and "sent feedback" regarding my thoughts. Non-panicky messages will probably be more well received.

pealee_83

[7]Mar 15, 2009
    Yup I signed both petitions. I was #150 and #147 on the petitions. So everyone should sign. And like Joe said if you decide to go to CBS and do the feedback form, do it nicely. Lol. Don't bash them or anything as they probably won't take those types of posts seriously. Say why you want the show to continue. Give'em reasons to keep the show going.

DianeCal

[8]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 2
    What do you mean by "almost sure cancellation". This is the way rumors start. The article says it could possibly be cancelled. No decision has been made yet on either WAT or Cold Case. Let's hope that if the producers can cut costs, WAT can be saved for another season. Instead of signing email petitions, it would be better to write real letters and send them to CBS and Warner Brothers.

Peterb3291

[9]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    Is Without a Trace being cancelled?? I recently bought season 1 and immediatly fell in love with the show, I'm trying to find season 3 is it released or going to be released??

pealee_83

[10]Mar 18, 2009
    Peterb3291 wrote:
    Is Without a Trace being cancelled?? I recently bought season 1 and immediatly fell in love with the show, I'm trying to find season 3 is it released or going to be released??

If your in the States we only have S1&2 on DVD. As far as I know there are no plans for S3.

DBizTV

[11]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 43

pealee_83 wrote:
    Peterb3291 wrote:
    If your in the States we only have S1&2 on DVD. As far as I know there are no plans for S3.
    Hey, Pealee , you go, girl! In the age of DVD, when "Bungee Monkeys" is available, for crying out loud, how can there be only two seasons of Trace?

I just signed and I was #315 on the first one and #639 on the second. Obviously, I couldn't read every statement, but check out what Merle Lindsey (#308 on the first petition) wrote : "My wife will go insane without her 'Trace' ... please don't do that 'to me.'!!" Guys, we gotta win this one for Merle

luvinx

[12]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 20
    DBizTV wrote:

pealee_83 wrote:
    Peterb3291 wrote:
    Hey, Pealee , you go, girl! In the age of DVD, when "Bungee Monkeys" is available, for crying out loud, how can there be only two seasons of Trace?

I just signed and I was #315 on the first one and #639 on the second. Obviously, I couldn't read every statement, but check out what Merle Lindsey (#308 on the first petition) wrote : "My wife will go insane without her 'Trace' ... please don't do that 'to me.'!!" Guys, we gotta win this one for Merle

LMAO!!

pealee_83

[13]Mar 19, 2009
    luvinx wrote:
    DBizTV wrote:

pealee_83 wrote:
    Peterb3291 wrote:

LMAO!!

Now that is funny! I haven't seen quite a few eps since the year end break but I don't want the show to end.

ArthurBranch

[14]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 5
    It would be an absolute joke if Without a Trace is cancelled. Along with Cold Case, Law & Order, and a couple others, it is one of the few GOOD shows actually on television. CBS is an absolute disgrace if they pull the plug here -- only watchable show on CBS in my view.

luvinx

[15]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 20

ArthurBranch wrote:
    It would be an absolute joke if Without a Trace is cancelled. Along with Cold Case, Law & Order, and a couple others, it is one of the few GOOD shows actually on television. CBS is an absolute disgrace if they pull the plug here -- only watchable show on CBS in my view.

Very well put!

Of course, we do need to make room for more reality TV, don't we? Don't mean to offend anyone here, but I think that we are a tad saturated in that department.

rdwing19

[16]Mar 20, 2009
    I agree, we are a tad bit saturated with reality TV.

Not to make anyone worry more, but this particular sign doesn't point in the wrong direction. It could mean nothing and I am overthinking, or it could mean something ... Tuesday's TRACE has been moved a week because President Obama is addressing the Nation at 8 pm. CBS opted to air NCIS and The Mentalist following the speech, instead of The Mentalist and Without a Trace in their regular time slots. Now they could just be testing waters for different time slots for those two shows or this could be seen as a bad sign. Take it for what its worth...I hope I'm overthinking it.

DianeCal

[17]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 2
    It just makes sense that CBS would show its two stronger shows. I don't see this as a bad sign. Even NBC is saving its new episode of L&O-SVU until the 31st.

rdwing19

[18]Mar 21, 2009
    That's good to know DianeCal. I didn't know about the SVU thing. Ya, I figured I was just over-reading into that...

pealee_83

[19]Mar 23, 2009
    rdwing19 wrote:
    That's good to know DianeCal. I didn't know about the SVU thing. Ya, I figured I was just over-reading into that...

Deep breaths, Joe-deep breaths.

rdwing19

[20]Mar 24, 2009
    pealee_83 wrote:
    rdwing19 wrote:

Deep breaths, Joe-deep breaths.

Haha, I can't when it comes to this show. Call me obsessed, but whatever. hehe