Without a Trace

Second Sight

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 14, 2005 on CBS

7.8
  • A young psychic disappears.

A young woman working in a mystic's shop goes missing. There is evidence of someone threatening her, her having unexplained fractures and of her having been abducted in a supermarket parking lot.

There's lots of build up in this episode, but the pay off, though moving, is not terribly satisfying in my opinion. The plot does hang together well - I just didn't like the ending.

I did like Samantha going back to the psychic at the end, supposedly to let he know what had happened to her friend, but actually because she wants a reading. She's gone from sceptic to reluctant participant. It's slightly reminiscent of an earlier episode 'Life Rules' where Danny can't resist taking one of the books at the end, because there might be some truth to it.

At least the writers were honest enough to admit that the missing woman, Agnes, was not a real psychic. But they kept the is it true/is it hokum card with the other woman who is able to read Sam's hand.

I'm also intrigued to know just how many of these kind of 'clans' there are in the US. It's not the first time one has featured in this kind of cop show.

Overall, it's a watchable episode with an intriguing storyline and an ending that doesn't give any whammy, despite its focus.