Without a Trace

The Season

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM May 06, 2004 on CBS

7.9
  • Hardly good episode

I most say that kind of football episodes.. again.. I think too many crime series have done those and maybe football is part of life in America but in most countries it is very far and the story does not touch.. so that was the first problem for me.. but also it seemed to be slow, the process of finding the witness who called the couch missing.. all that.. it has slow motion and I found it not too interesting.

Much better was the off case drama of Jack and his wife as she got job offer and have to move.. and the choice he made in the end..
  • A college football coach is fired and disappears without a trace. The investigation reveals that he was resigning for reasons other than a losing season. What were his secrets? Maria Malone gets a promotion, but it is in Chicago.

I found this episode uninspired and cliche. The \\\"big-time\\\" college football coach bucking the system of favors for football players. Parties, illegal booster incentives, career-ending injuries, and college course hanky-panky are in the news everyday. In this episode, the coach harbored a secret that might explain his motivations toward at least one player, but there were many story arcs that received short shrift. In the end, the resolution was disappointing and unimaginative. Jack must decide whether to leave his SAC position for a street agent position in Chicago to be with his family.