Without a Trace

The Thing With Feathers

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Dec 03, 2006 on CBS

• Cancer patient goes missing, hits Viv over the head... figuratively.

7.3
    If I'm going to be unbiased, this wasn't one of the better episodes. This one was nothing special. However, as a physically disabled person with a heart condition of her own, I choose to be biased.

I'm happy with the way they depicted Vivian's road to recovery, though in reality it takes a whole lot more than one doctor and a couple of appointments to get to the diagnoses, they did the best they could. The writers did, I think, the best job they could when it comes to trying to explain to healthy people how desperate some sick people are to get better. However, I wish they had put more umph into it. The dialogue from the cancer patient was great. Things she said I've thought many times and it hit close to home. Especially the part about her illness giving her the finger.

Another thing I enjoyed was the chatting between Martin, Danny and Samantha. I think it makes the show more believable when they have normal non-dramatic conversations. The only bad thing about this is that whenever they do have those silly conversations, it's like they can't have a good story-line. With the writers it seems that it's either one way or the other; not both.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this episode had the potential to be great, but they fell short.