Without a Trace

Two Families

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 29, 2004 on CBS

• A father, who has been trying to prove his son innocent for the last 11 years, is missing.

After the announcement that his son would be executed, he suddenly disappeared. The team gets to investigate the disappearance of him. Personally, I really liked this episode. Throughout the whole episode, I hoped his son was innocent. To make the episode interesting and suspenseful, the father found the enough evidences and witness to exonerate his son for the last couple of days, but unfortunately, he's gone a few days before the execution. The reason why I like this one is that it didn't reduce the tension until the very end. I couldn't feel relieved even after the team found the missing father. Especially, I got really nervous when they cut back and forth to a scene of the son walking to the room where he'd be executed, to the father holding a candle with his wife in front of the jail, to the team waiting a call from the lawyer in the office. At first, I was really angry when they just ended the show without showing what happened next (I flipped out when I saw "Executive producer, Jerry Bruckheimer."), but now that I think about it again, it was a good decision to end the show right there. It could've reduced the suspense if they had shown the next.