Wizards of Waverly Place

Don't Rain on Justin's Parade- Earth

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Apr 19, 2009 on Disney Channel

6.3
  • Not only was this a great episode, but it had a great message behind it.

For career day, Alex helps Mr. Laritate solve crimes in the school. The first case was finding out who wrote "salmon" under the "No Smoking" signs. Alex uses her smarts to figure it out right away. Alex solves all the "cases" and becomes good, which is a big change for Alex. After all this good Alex loses her reputation as being bad and even gets an award for being a good student. I love seeing all of Alex's character development in this episode and the past few episodes. Alex is truly becoming a better person, but not changing so much that the character is completely different. I can tell Alex's changes are becoming a theme this season. In the meantime, Justin wants to help his favorite weatherman not get fired for his wrong predictions by changing the weather to whatever the weatherman says it will be. That was nice of Justin to help, but he should have realized that if the weatherman couldn't get his predictions right, it obviously wasn't the job for him. Justin then gets a visit from Mother Nature who punishes Justin for changing the weather by making it rain only on Justin. That was very funny watching Justin get rained on, but I didn't like the way they made Mother Nature look. They made Mother Nature a rocker chick. I seriously did not like that. I think they should have tried to make her seem friendlier. And finally, for Max's Career Day choice, he chooses to a singing policeman as his mentor. The policeman was hit by a piece of the hail Justin created and lost his singing voice. Max wanted a mentor who could do 2 things, so he just left him. Max was funny, but that was very disrespectful of him to just leave the police officer like that. I wish they had put a happier ending to Max's sub-plot. Other then the few flaws in the episode, I think it was still very great. Wizards of Waverly Place is, in my opinion, the best show on the Disney Channel. There is no doubt in my mind that the future episodes will be as great as this one, if not better.
DISNEY