Wizards of Waverly Place Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2012)

The Wizards Return: Alex VS Alex - 2013 Special

alexspotsme

[1]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 15

It's actually happening! Wizards of Waverly Place is making a comeback to Disney Channel for a one hour special! I was excited to hear about this; I'm pretty sure the support of this show even came from the event where Selena Gomez accepted the KCA Blimp for "Best TV Actress" KCA's this year. And with the show getting nominated for Best TV Show. Although, I'm just glad to see the cast back together.

Here's the scoop:

On September 27, 2012, Disney Channel announced that Wizards of Waverly Place would return as an hour-long special, set to begin production in October 2012 for a premiere telecast on the cable channel in early 2013. The special, to be executive produced by Gomez, alongside series executive producers, will center on the Russos visit to Tuscany to meet long-lost relatives from Jerry's side of the family. In an attempt to prove to her family that she's not merely a carefree wizard, Alex inadvertently casts a spell that creates two versions of her with differing personalities: an evil version of Alex that ends up involved in another wizard's plan for world domination and a good version who upon discovering the wizard's plan, tries to find a way to save her family and mankind, leading to a literal battle between good and evil atop the Leaning Tower of Pisa The name of this will be "The Wizards Return: Alex vs. Alex".

Edited on 11/10/2012 4:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jasptv

[2]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 5

reminds me of old 2009 post from theDisney's Wizards of Waverly Place Official Episode Ideas Thread

(Part 1) Main Plot-A family of Wizards join the cast of Waverly place... the Russo parents are ecstatic to meet another wizarding family and are even more impressed by their incredibly well behaved two children: a high school-aged and an elementary school-aged daughter. The elder son and Justin become good friends, as both are smart and brainy. His goodness irks Alex, as she thinks one Justin is enough. When the two meet she finds he is actually quite charming and on the break up with Dean is unsure if she should date a good boy, let alone someone from the magical world as "that is so Justin." Sub Plot-Max is constantly outsmarted by the little sister and is the only one who sees how mischievous she really is. Thus all episode he tries to prove her evilness, but everyone dismisses his claims because she's so cute, and Max is well, Max.

(Part 2) Main Plot-Alex finally agrees to go on a date with a goody-two-shoe wizard. He's the perfect boyfriend. It's later revealed that he actually uses a spell that seperates his "badness" from his "goodness" and locks the "badness" away in a jar his famiy's lair. He asks Alex if she'd like to be "good" and when she looks away does the spell to her. Justin and Harper, initially liked the new good Alex, but get annoyed by her newfound goodness: In wizard classes she upstages Justin by doing all her homework and the extra credit, plus when Harper accidentally messes up in school she turns her in instead of covering for her. Justin and Harper decide to follow Alex, which leads them to her wizard BF's lair and they accidentally knock over the jars with Alex and her BF's "badness" in them. Can Justin and Harper reverse the spell or will "Bad Alex" reek havoc while "Good Alex" drives them insane?

Edited on 03/10/2013 10:29am
    Edited 2 total times.

snake63

[3]Mar 15, 2013
    • level: 21

Wow a reunion movie a year after the show ended and its self centered around Selena Gomez with her as credited as executive producer. Its like Selena is doing it as a favor to give her former co stars an another paycheck.

alexspotsme

[4]Mar 15, 2013
    Well, you're right about that. This special focused 95% on Alex. There's some minor focus on Max, but in an incredibly small sub plot. Which, stunned me, because Disney actually passed an incest joke.

No Justin. Kind of a shame, and they use the excuse that he's the new Wiz Tech Professor, and have him unseen but mentioned. Did he not check his messenger's record (Dominick; the main antagonist in this special)? I was shocked to find out that he was the nephew of Gorog from the 4 part arc, Wizards vs Everything.

And I'll admit; the charm bracelet plot device was clever. The relationship drama was cliche as possible, but that bracelet really did take me by surprise.

It was kind of a bum to have EVERYONE bash on Alex being immature and irresponsible. It's all about Alex now that she's the family wizard. And now that they want her to grow up by living up to that title. Props though, for having you accept yourself as who you are. Even though that moral has been done over and over.

Glad Mason and Harper got some focus as well; just revolving around Alex's issues.

The clash between Good Alex and Bad Alex was wicked though; it had some good/funny moments.

Of course; Alex looses her powers at the end and get it's back by the Crystal council. All she had to do was show consideration for her best friend (Harper).

Thing is though; this was all about Alex. No surprise though, and I'll live with this. Since we just got continuity from Post Wizard Competition (which kind of was underwhelming itself).

Sad, still no Justin but only mentioned.

I'll give this Special a 8/10.

Nicktoons2

[5]Mar 17, 2013
    • level: 7

Yes, i wanted Justin to be in this special but he wasn't.

pashotshot

[6]Oct 23, 2013
    I wanted Max to have a far bigger plot. Other than the moral of the story of accepting yourself for who you are, I was kind of disappointed in the special. Plus, I did want Justin to be in the special because he sets an excellent example not only for the Russo family, but also for the viewers who watch the show.