Wizards of Waverly Place Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2012)

Who Will Be The Family Wizard?

tvaddict_14

[1]Dec 29, 2011
    • level: 10

The series finale of Wizards airs on January 6, 2012. Who do you guys think will get to keep their powers?

I think that Alex is going to win it but give it up to be with Mason. And the same with Justin for Juliet. So Max will be the one that gets to keep them. Idk but it is Disney so they will probably find a way for all of them to keep their powers, which would suck.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

julieanne

[2]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 1

yes i do

julieanne

[3]Jan 2, 2012

i think alex should win she really good

Uranium_OJ

[4]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 6

I know she's the main character, but I hate Alex. She's selfish, annoying, and not responsible at all. She has misused power several times and therefore does not deserve to be the family wizard.

Justin has always deserved it. He works the hardest, he's the best at it, and he's really kind.

I think it would be hilarious if Max won. Cuz everyone assumes it's going to be either Alex or Justin but it would be really unpredictable and cool if Max won.

Of course, since this is a disney show I'm pretty sure either Alex is going to win (because she's the main character and the show seems to only revolve around her and her useless romances/subplots) or EVERYONE will somehow end up with powers. OR maybe they'll all give it up to be a family.

I would prefer the last two, but would HATE if Alex won.

SarahSmurf

[5]Jan 3, 2012

alex has to win cos she is the only one who wouldnt get 2 b with the one she loves just cos he's a werewolf. justin gets to stay with juliet no matter what the outocme is. if max wins he has 2 choose between his powers and talia and we know that he will choose talia so he will give his powers to alex or justin. but if alex wins everyone gets to be happy. so either alex wins, max wins and gives his powers to alex so that she can stay with mason and he can be with talia, justin wins but cos he feels sorry for alex and mason he gives his powers to her, or there will be some kind of twist where maybe all three finish the competition together and all get to keep their powers - that would be a great ending!

alexspotsme

[6]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 15
    Watching that trailer for the finale lead me to so many questions. I can only wonder who will end up as the Family Wizard.

I would always go for Alex, since we're both named Alex. Although I just have a hunch Max will be the one to come out victorious.

Even if it's Disney, I really dont want there to be a obvious twist that all three will get to keep their powers. Not thrilling enough!

I just can't believe this is it; I'll miss it.

tvaddict_14

[7]Jan 5, 2012
    alexspotsme wrote:
    Watching that trailer for the finale lead me to so many questions. I can only wonder who will end up as the Family Wizard.

I would always go for Alex, since we're both named Alex. Although I just have a hunch Max will be the one to come out victorious.

Even if it's Disney, I really dont want there to be a obvious twist that all three will get to keep their powers. Not thrilling enough!

I just can't believe this is it; I'll miss it.

I agree I feel like the worst ending is if they ALL get to keep their powers.

PrincessPaige1

[8]Jan 6, 2012

I want Alex Russo to win the family wizard please I will give her lot off my votes on her I will give her 80 votes for her to win thanks

EddyBob15

[9]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 30

I agree with others that the twist will be that Max will be the Family Wizard. Everyone always seems to think little of him, but Disney is known for goofy people coming out on top. Look what happened in Kim Possible.

Besides that, Max didn't even get a chance to compete for the power in the movie.

10nayr

[10]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 11
    Uranium_OJ wrote:

I know she's the main character, but I hate Alex. She's selfish, annoying, and not responsible at all. She has misused power several times and therefore does not deserve to be the family wizard.

Justin has always deserved it. He works the hardest, he's the best at it, and he's really kind.

I think it would be hilarious if Max won. Cuz everyone assumes it's going to be either Alex or Justin but it would be really unpredictable and cool if Max won.

Of course, since this is a disney show I'm pretty sure either Alex is going to win (because she's the main character and the show seems to only revolve around her and her useless romances/subplots) or EVERYONE will somehow end up with powers. OR maybe they'll all give it up to be a family.

I would prefer the last two, but would HATE if Alex won.

I don't think she's as selfish as she seems. If you pay attention, more than half the times she uses her magic it's when she's trying to help someone else. It just has a bad habit of not working right.

Justin is the more selfish with his magic. He uses it primarily for his own advancement and acts unbelievably sanctimonious towards Alex even though he breaks the rules with magic when it's convenient for him. (Like when he turned himself into Alex to trick Harper into making that float, or when he altered the weather so he could keep being an assistant/intern to that weather man.)

Alex may be lazy, and often do things without consideration to consequences. But when things go wrong she often goes out of her way to fix it.
    Edited on 01/06/2012 5:42pm

EddyBob15

[11]Jan 6, 2012

Well, that ending stunk a bit. Alex and Justin get to keep their powers while Max gets nothing except the Sub Station? How's that fair? That ending was probably the worst of any Disney show I've ever seen!

Synetech

[12]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 22
    10nary wrote:
    I don't think she's as selfish as she seems. If you pay attention, more than half the times she uses her magic it's when she's trying to help someone else. It just has a bad habit of not working right.

Except that she is the one that got the others into trouble with her selfish laziness in the first place. I agree that Alex is a horrible role-model. She does bad things, then at the last moment, when she is forced, she does something to fix it (and even then, usually by accident), and suddenly that makes up for everything? Somehow that makes her a hero and Wizard of the year? Bull! It's like that stupid thing kids do where they push you then pull you back and say "saved your life!"; what, you want a medal for not murdering someone?

Justin busted his butt for his whole life, studying, practicing and working hard to earn the title of family wizard. Even Max started working hard in the past couple of years. Alex never bothered to do anything because she has always been an under-acheiving, lazy, good-for-nothing. She did not deserve to win by any means whatsoever.

(And what is with all this voting garbage? Do people not realize that they already filmed, edited, and did the post-production for the episode months ago? Even if they made a couple of alternate endings, there is no way that voting-especially on a completely unrelated site-a couple of hours before hand is going to have any effect, especially in the review sections. Duh.)

alexspotsme

[13]Jan 6, 2012
    Okay, I may sound biased about how the ending ended, but I'm so glad Alex won! One of my favorite current day Disney characters, and it was a nice turn around to keep her powers.

Justin getting to keep his powers by becoming a Wizard Professor (in place of Prof. Crumbs), not a bad turn out really. I didn't realize it at all, but I think Professor works out for him. Plus he gets the girl (Juliet), his powers, and a exciting career in the Wizard World.

Poor Max though, for not getting to keep his powers. But he seemed okay with it in his silly character. I know it may stink, but he still gets his brother and sister who do have their powers. Not all bad; he at least knows somebody with magic.

Overall, I'll give the finale a 8.0/10; personally I thought there was going to be strong sacrifices to becoming the Family Wizard (via from the commercials) but I guess not.

Synetech

[14]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 22
    EddyBob15 wrote:

Well, that ending stunk a bit. Alex and Justin get to keep their powers while Max gets nothing except the Sub Station? How's that fair? That ending was probably the worst of any Disney show I've ever seen!

They had to let Alex be a wizard because of Mason. They seem to have forgotten that they already addressed that problem back in the Kukui episode.

They had to let Justin be a wizard because he deserved it. It would have been offensively stupid to strip him after all the hard work he did to earn it and would have sent an even worse message than the rest of the show has already been sending: hard work gets you nowhere and being a lazy loser is "cool" and lets you win.

They could not let Max stay a wizard because it would have been to obvious and evoked a lot of groans. Instead, they played on his stupidity to make him happy. That was stupid because there was a much better excuse for making him mortal: he would have had to give up his powers to stay with Talia.

EddyBob15

[15]Jan 6, 2012

alexspotsme wrote:
    Okay, I may sound biased about how the ending ended, but I'm so glad Alex won! One of my favorite current day Disney characters, and it was a nice turn around to keep her powers. Justin getting to keep his powers by becoming a Wizard Professor (in place of Prof. Crumbs), not a bad turn out really. I didn't realize it at all, but I think Professor works out for him. Plus he gets the girl (Juliet), his powers, and a exciting career in the Wizard World. Poor Max though, for not getting to keep his powers. But he seemed okay with it in his silly character. I know it may stink, but he still gets his brother and sister who do have their powers. Not all bad; he at least knows somebody with magic. Overall, I'll give the finale a 8.0/10; personally I thought there was going to be strong sacrifices to becoming the Family Wizard (via from the commercials) but I guess not.

Are you kidding? That ending stunk! Max should've one. Disney is always known for losers like him coming out on top! I can't believe they twisted it where he was the only one who didn't keep his powers! He never even had a chance! I call foul!

Synetech wrote:
    EddyBob15 wrote:

They had to let Alex be a wizard because of Mason. They seem to have forgotten that they already addressed that problem back in the Kukui episode. They had to let Justin be a wizard because he deserved it. It would have been offensively stupid to strip him after all the hard work he did to earn it and would have sent an even worse message than the rest of the show has already been sending: hard work gets you nowhere and being a lazy loser is "cool" and lets you win. They could not let Max stay a wizard because it would have been to obvious and evoked a lot of groans. Instead, they played on his stupidity to make him happy. That was stupid because there was a much better excuse for making him mortal: he would have had to give up his powers to stay with Talia.

Did I ask for your opinion? For the record, I was one of those people who was hoping for the most obvious!

Edited on 01/06/2012 6:16pm

alexspotsme

[16]Jan 6, 2012
    @eddybob

Yeah but at the same time, he wasn't very focused on the competition; like his answers and he was barely serious about the game.

I like him on the show, but when it comes down to a serious competition for all the marbles, it's go time. Alex and Justin were in it to win it.

Crystal_Ann21

[17]Jan 6, 2012

I knew Alex was going to win, the writers have always showed favoritism towards that character. She's lazy, irresponsable and most of the time selfish yet everything always works out for her. I was surprised about Justin though especially since it seemed like he was being written as being undeserving of being the family wizard in the beginning by caring more about keeping his powers then Zeke and Harper being in danger and was willing to leave Zeke behind instead of seeing if he was still alive

EddyBob15 wrote:

Did I ask for your opinion? For the record, I was one of those people who was hoping for the most obvious!

Umm, that is the purpose of discussion boards.

Just_Jos

[18]Jan 6, 2012

So disappointed with the finale and I totally expected to feel this way, because how terrible season 4 was. I won't go into details about why I didn't like it. Good Riddance to this show.

Edited on 01/13/2012 10:10am
    Edited 2 total times.

tvaddict_14

[19]Jan 7, 2012
    I think this was a great way to end such an awesome series. Of course Alex would win because it's her freaking show so we saw that coming. It worked out well for Justin as well I think he will be a great Headmaster being that he's super smart and serious. I'm just really glad that ALL of them did not get to keep their powers. Everyone is quick to say "poor Max" but he will be fine. Magic was not something that he took seriously and he will be fine without it, bless his dumb little heart lol.

This was the last great show for Disney Channel so I'm really gonna miss it

mysticbeam

[20]Jan 7, 2012

my thoughts:

1. it was completely predictable that alex was the one who would win. If you really stopped and thought about it it made sense. Yes disney always has characters like max coming out on top in the end but throughout the series he's been an idiot and even during the competition he didnt know what was going on. It would have been really dumb and would have made no sense at all for him to win in the end. Justin was being groomed for that headmaster hob when he got the class. When he got that job and krums was so impressed with him i knew thats where he';d end up, i just didnt know how they'd pull it iff.

2. i didnt like the overall format of the competition itself. I also think that during the question round alex missed the spell she never would have missed inmillion years. Max really didnt know anything and should have had 0 while alex , honestly should have had the clear lead in the question round.

3. i thought the part where they thought they thought they had lost their powers was poorly done. I dont get why the boys were so pissed off at alex and alex was the one who was the wrong. Where was her anger at justin and max for their willingness to leave harper and zeke? and why werent zeek and harper at all pissed off or hurt that justin atleast cared so little about saving them? It felt so contradictory to alex's character that she would just lay down and play the victim and let max and justin treat her like that.

4. it would have been nice if max had a mind of his own when they thought they'd lost their powers. Instead it seemed like the only reason he was blaming alex was because justin was. Max is a teenager for gods sake, if he was 6 or 7 i could have understood but i dont here.If justin didnt blame alex i doubt max would have

5. To me the fact that alex was the one most concerned for zeke and harper porves just how much more than justin and max she deserves to be a wizard. Justin cared so much about this that he was willing to leave the fate of his supposed best friend in question even after being told that there was a slim chance that even the monster hunters would be able to save him. Its something he had worked for his whole life but so did alex and yet she still kept that loyalty to her friends and a human side to herself. To me, the fact that he later told the truth and let alex keep her powers actually hurts him because earlier he had demonstrated a win at all costs attitude even if it means losing his best friend and it would have made more sense almost for him to just accept being made family wizard.

6. i did like seeing zeke and harper in the lair alone, that was funny

7. i enjoyed juliet and mason in this episode. The little interaction they had was funny and mason's attempts at pep talk were great

overall i'd give this episode a 6/10. It wasnt awful but it wasnt great either it was just okay.

Edited on 01/07/2012 6:06am
    Edited 2 total times.