Wizards of Waverly Place

Hugh's Not Normous

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Apr 12, 2009 on Disney Channel

5.7
  • I really didn't care less about this completely useless and boring episode

1.5
    Hugh Norman was never one of the characters I ever liked in the show, in fact he was always irritating. This episode, we are supposed to feel pity for Hugh. I mean, who would??? Hugh is portrayed in the previous episodes as a FOOL (in Gandalf's term) There were only two good things about this episode.

1) Alex did become a more warm-hearted person

2) The Theresa joke where she puts a paper on Jerry's back. I mean, it was funny for us because was know exactly how absurd the whole joke is

The giants, or so they were, did not look convincing at all. I mean, I understand that special effects aren't what TV Shows focus on, but they could've made it look more realistic than what it was. And what was the whole point of not seeing Hugh's adopted parents? What purpose did that serve??? It was no mystery
  • Hugh Normous comes to the Russo house with news that he was adopted and not a giant.

This is a decent episode of Wizards of Waverly Place. There's this character named Hugh who was adopted by giants and he thinks that he is a giant. He just found out that he was adopted and he's not a giant and wants to find his real parents. This episode was okay. It wasn't that funny. The only part I enjoyed was when Alex shrunk the room. I thought that looked good. The thing I like best about this show is the magic. They actually make this look real. Some shows don't even try. That's what I like about Wizards of Waverly Place.
  • Alex's friend, Hugh Normous, escapes from his family of giants when he finds out he is adopted. Alex, when she sees how upset he is about the situation, dicides to hep Hugh find his real parents.

3.5
    I don't think it is up to the usual standard. I didn't find it as funny as other better episodes, and funny is a very important factor in a TV series. Usually I watch episodes loads of times, but I really didn't feel like it this time. Even though I know it's your decision, I feel forced to tell you that I DON'T reccomend this episode if the thing you are looking for is laughter. If it is morality you are looking for though, it is reccomendable. But for me, I honestly found this episode disapointing to watch, even though I hate to admit it. :(
  • Hugh's Not Normous

Not the best episode of Wizards of Wavery Place ever, but quite the funny one as it dealt with giants. The family's reactions to the large people was amusing, and Alex had me in stitches, which is so often the case. I cannot believe it took me to 2010 to discover this great show and how funny Selena Gomez can be, but I am watching as many episodes as I can as quickly as I can to make up for lost time.

Wizards is a fun well-written family comedy and this was another strong episode of the popular Disney series.
DISNEY