Wizards of Waverly Place

Lucky Charmed

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Dec 10, 2010 on Disney Channel

7.3

Not a great episode of Wizards of Waverly Place here tonight, but yet another funny installment of a show that has really grown on me lately. A lot of people think the show is not what it once was, but the past few months have been the highest quality for Wizards, in this reviewer's opinion. A lot of funny moments here, some of which involve prop humor, and falling over, but hey, if it works it works.

Has anyone else noticed Selena Gomez acting very Eva Longoria-esque the past few years? I see a lot of similarities in the way they say lines and the way their characters behave. That's surely a compliment though.

Solid ep here.
  • Harper and Alex are taking their drivers' lesson with Mr. Laritate when Alex crashes the car. Mr. Laritate punishes her by making her clean all of the garbage cans at school. Harper and Alex fight, but in the end, they forgive each other.

I think this was a great show, though the tension between Harper and Alex is pretty high. I find it strange that a friendship like theirs could almost break apart because of one small thing like Alex getting punished because Harper told her to do something good. Though, I find it sweet that Mr. Laritate wiped the slate clean between Alex and himself. It's a good thing that Alex had that revelation about how Harper was right or else Harper would have failed her drivong test again. The driving teacher seems familiar, thugh I don't know where from. But it was a good episode.
  • One of the best Season 4 episodes I've ever seen

I loved this episode of "Wizards of Waverly Place". It was hilarious from beginning to end and there were absolutely no bland moments... well... except for the scene with Alex blaming that elderly woman with crashing Mr. Laritate's car (I'm not gonna take away points because this episode was my favorite so I'll be generous). I thought it was hilarious when Max was eating cotton candy wrapped around him in the beginning of this episode. It was funny when Harper was trying to teach Alex how to do things without using magic and when Alex took responsibility for crashing Mr. Laritate's car and then Harper said "see, isn't it great being honest" and then Alex gives Harper her look. I thought it was funny when Harper was talking to Alex (as a bobblehead hula girl) while trying to drive and then the driving instructor thought that Harper was actually talking to him and he says things like "thank you, that's very nice of you to say". The ending was funny when Harper passed her driving test and then she tells Alex (as a bobblehead hula girl) "I would hug you right now but you're so tiny" and the driving instructor says "hey, I happen to be the tallest in my family". Now to the subplot, Jerry gives the family robe to Justin and I found it hilarious that Justin broke the family robe after 30 seconds as shown on the clip on the family robe and when Jerry screams after Justin shows him the family robe that Justin ruined. Overall, my favorite episode of Wizards of Waverly Place. 10/10

This show is definitely growing on me, but I would never call it one of my favorite shows. What I noticed about the show is that it's less cliche than other Disney shows, yet it still isn't quite "there" yet, at least not for me to actually call this a "good" show. Selena Gomez's character remains impressive, but the rest of the cast falls short.

Max annoys me beyond belief. And a Harper-centric episode? She's as uninteresting as Bailey on The Suite Life on Deck, and I don't recall laughing at anything she says. Basically the show is held together by Selena Gomez. David Henrie has only got a good response because of his appearance, and the parents aren't very amusing.

Overall a tolerable episode with some good one liners. My favorite scene definitely was when Harper & Alex were trying to figure out what to do with the car after they crashed it. That's about it.