Wizards of Waverly Place

Wizards vs. Asteroid

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Aug 19, 2011 on Disney Channel

• Great episode but this installment tonight was low on laughs

I thought that this was a great episode of "Wizards of Waverly Place". It wasn't my favorite episode and it could have so much more humor but this episode was overall great and enjoyable. The asteroid plot was handled pretty well but in a way just a little weak. Selena Gomez as Alex Russo is always looking sexy and beautiful and her acting always shines. Whether she does comedy or drama, she is terrific in both of them. Alex's part in this episode was very good. Max's also had a few memorable lines in this episode. While I didn't laugh that much in this episode tonight, I did laugh at very few parts. I laughed when Max was in the background during a news report about the asteroid in the beginning of the episode. Zeke's part in this episode was also pretty funny. I also laughed at the graduation scene at the very end of the episode when Mr. Larritate just handed Alex and Harper their diplomas when though he can't have a graduation ceremony since the school is destroyed from that asteroid. The asteroid scene with Alex, Justin, and Max was pretty good. Everything else in this episode was handled pretty well. The improvement that they could have made though was add a lot of humor. My score is a little low because there were very few scenes that were a little boring and I didn't like Mr. Larritate in this episode when he gets excited about seeing Alex not graduating. Overall, a great episode of "Wizards of Waverly Place" but definitely low on laughs tonight. 8.5/10