Wolf Lake

CBS (ended 2002)

Wolf Lake Fan Reviews (15)

• If you can find it, get it

Sure the music and special effects are dated and low budget, but the story was solid and the acting above par. The only reason I can think of why this show was cancelled so quickly is the budget for the actors, It had some big names (Tim Matheson and Lou Diamond Phillips for starters), and a lot of people you'll recognize even if you don't know their names. A lot of the lesser knowns went on to do projects like The Vampire Diaries and 24 so, yeah, its that good.
  • Worth watching...

Even if they axed it like that. I firmly believe the story was too good for TV producers. The characters weren't shallow, good and bad wasn't black and white, I guess the networks prefer "easier" stories.

Also, one of the best title themes I have ever heard.
  • Bring It Back

Bring Back the show i love this show and i want to see more ending it like that and taking it off the air was very bad bring back the show
  • I want to see more of Wolf Lake. Why did they end the show. There are other people including myself who really like the show and have so many questions that need to be answered in the next series. What can we the fans do to help bring the show back?

I have seen almost all the episodes if not all of them. I have really enjoyed each episode and really hope they will bring it back. I don't understand why it was taken off the air because it seems to me that there are people who really like the show. I would like to see what happens to Sophie, is she going to change and hook up with Luke. Will John ever find Ruby and discover the truth about Wolf Lake? Will the Sheriff ever change into a wolf or will he continue to keep it inside? Who is the Indian man really? So many questions and we need the answers. Please bring back the show!
  • I think this was a great show!!!

I wish they would put this show back on air, I think it would get great ratings now! It is better than most of the shows on air now.This show has a story line with multiple characters which keeps you interested in watching it without it being to stupid I think they did a horrible thing taking it off the air. It would be nice if SyFy or some other channel would put this show back on the air. please give us shows that we want to watch and not the stupid ones nobody want!I would rate this show as a 10 even though they left it a cliff hanger I so wanted to see how,when Sophie flips or if she gets together with Luke and how the story plays out with ruby and john.
  • love this show i seen two episodes and i want more its such a great show

love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it
  • Loved this show!!

I was extremely disappointed to hear that there wouldn't be episode to see what happened to all the Wolf Lake residents. I think this show should be made into a mini series. It ended with no resolve. Or if Sophia will end up with Luke. An would like to see John find Ruby. Also Tyler should pay for what he has done. It is a great show. I caught it on SCIFI I really enjoyed it. PLEASE,PLEASE, think about a mini series. I would love to buy this on DVD!! If the network wants to keep me as a viewer bring Wolf Lake back. Come on please give the show some kind of a ending to the crucial cliffhanger we were Left with.
  • nice.

5.5
    I think wolf lake has been a really really cool series. I don't know why they only made 9 episodes...that really sucks...I hope they make more because it's just too good not to be finished. So I ask of anyone who sees this message and has anything to do with the makers of the series please tell them to continue it!! Thanks! Now getting back to the movie it has a great and very original idea and not to mention good actors..It's worth watching and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. It's kind of like a thriller more than a horror movie. But I only wonder why didn't Luke ever get to sleep with Sophia?? He's bin trying for like 9 episodes! :) I hope that some wolf lake fans get to see this and together make the producers see that they MUST make more episodes!! >:)
  • Howling at the moon...

I can see why the show went off the air. It doesn't lend well to anyone who isn't in to the whole werewolf idea. I like the werewolf more than most monsters that grace the screen but I think most people are into vampires. I think this show would have been good as maybe a mini series. Lou Diamond Phillips is great in the show but having him flounder in the town of Wolf Lake gets a little boring after a while.
  • A series so god-awful, it ranks right up there with "Push, Nevada."

1.1
    Here's an idea. Why not drop a bunch of mysteries in the pilot episode and instead of ever resolving anything in each succeeding episode, they just throw in more mysteries? There is never any answer to anything the writers do probably because they have no answer for the convoluted, painting themselves in a corner, scripts they've already written.

This series was in a dead heat with "Push, Nevada" on which one was going to get corked the fastest. Notice this series stops at five episodes. However, "Push, Nevada" got extra episodes because the network was contractually obligated to keep the series running until they could resolve all their mysteries. Therefore, although this show got canned first, I give it a higher score than "Push" because of the unfair advantage that show had.
  • Wolf Lake is a mysterious town where werewolves rule and the town attempts to keep it secrets secret while forces work against it. Wolf Lake was a drama cut short that should be resurrected.

Wolf Lake is town where werewolves control everything but the local sheriff and the town’s newbie John Kanin. When John Kanin comes to Wolf Lake to find is missing girlfriend his finds more than he bargained for; very strange and sometimes bizarre town’s people, teenagers mysteriously die at young ages, the a high rate of multiple births. Could it all be in the drinking water or in the blood? A town of werewolf hybrids roam has humans by day and werewolves at night; who can change at their will. Everything is off but the people are just trying to get by and be whom they want to be. The mayor’s son Lucas Cates is a bad boy who just wants to get away, the sheriff’s daughter, Sophia, who just wants to be fit in, well change to become like everyone else, the sheriff himself trying to ran from is past, Sherman Blackstone is trying to going forces to make the town better again, and Tyler Creed trying to make the town into his domain and is version of a better society of werewolves.

Wolf Lake ended on CBS at a crucial cliffhanger, the death/murder of the mayor but it moved a few months later to UPN to run another four episodes that ended in another cliffhanger. Underneath it all the show dealt with a lot of problems people face, trying to fit-in, trying to get away from you family or your past, and trying to change the world on right or wrong step at a time. The drama on not knowing what one person was going to do next was a constant trill of watching the show. I wish the show was still on and we knew what happen between Sophia and Lucas, did Sophia stay or leave and did she change. Were John and Ruby ever be reunite? Who killed the mayor? What was the Sheriff running from? And what was Sherman Blackstone really trying to do? These questions probably will never be answered by the show Wolf Lake will also be remembered and live on in thought that watched or have read about the show and still wondered what happen.
  • God\'s Gift to Television

Wolf Lake was simply put the greatest show ever. I remember watching the first episode and going wow, just wow. I was extremely disappointed when it was moved to UPN, because I did\'nt get to finish watching it. THen I heard it was cancelled and I was shocked. How could you cancel something as perfect as this show? I can\'t put my finger on what made it so special, but this show hails to me as the finest show ever created. I know it will never return but I can hold out hope in my heart that it shall. Wolf Lake will always have a spot in my dreams.
  • Caught the tail end of an episode when another program I was watching finished earlier than it's alotted time slot...I was hooked immediately as was my son and husband. When the network cancelled this one, they made one of the biggest mistakes ever! Pleas

One of the most innovative programs ever...creative story & excellent acting which is what tv should be all about. We're hooked as a family and it's tame enough for my 12year old and interesting for myself and husband. If the network wants to keep me as a viewer bring Wolf Lake back!
  • what a disapppointment !!!

I'm sending this message from France.
    I've been watching the firts season and I was extremely disappointed to hear that there wouldn't be another season !
    Wolf Lake is a really good show - original and clever story, with an excellent cast...different from all the soaps we can watch at the moment...
    CBS should have continued producing it !
  • wolf lake: a town which inhabits skin walkers. half wolf and half human. if your a skinwalker than you can never leave the town of Wolf Lake.

The series wolf lake is my favorite tv series in the world. i thought that the series should of continued on to a second season. the way that they left the movie was rude and arrogant. they should of shown what happened to sophia due to the fact that she was going through the change. but the weird thing is that vivian said that she asked matt to marry her sixteen years ago and luke is seventeen. what if sophia and luke were brother and sister. that would be so weird, due to the fact that they both are highly attracted to each other. how would you deal with if you found out that the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with is you brother/sister. so i wish that they would pick up on the second season and just finish it.

shannon