Wolf's Rain Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2004)

Do you like the ending?

kwchou1

[1]Dec 11, 2005
    • level: 3
    Well, I guess I start this forum off with the end:

Do you like the ending?

The first time I saw it, I saw the last episode, not knowing that it was the last, so when I watched it again from the beginning, I was a little disappointed about how it ended, although it made a ton more sense. The fight scenes were great though. It was one of the first animes I'd ever seen & maybe the first time I'd actually seen them animate a bloody fight scene. It was intense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FlashSilverwing

[2]Dec 17, 2005
    • level: 9
    I watched the entire series, but I never really got the ending. I've read lots of synopsis, but they always have different opinions on how it ends. Lots of loose points that aren't tied up nicely (such as what happened to all the other life. It was never breally revealed in any episode).

Everyone getting killed by Darcia? You can see that coming with most climaxes. Doesn't surprise me, but I do agree that the battles are very well done. Nice and bloody, just how Flash likes 'em .

The ending-ending? As I said before, I don't really know what to think. I have my own idea on how it went (it hasn't been mentioned in any synopsis I ever saw), but I can't really say I dislike/like that part of the ending.

goddess_loki

[3]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 2
    I liked it. I think it did wrap it up pretty nicely, considering this is a series that encouraged viewers to figure out on their own what was going on.

As for the rest of life, I think by the time it got to this episode, all other life was dead. Considering that it was a post-apocalyptic world, you had to figure all life would end eventually, and the world being blanketed in snow is a great and effective way of killing off a lot of people.

In a way, I wish the very last scene had been explained better, but as a viewer, I like to think that that *was* their Paradise: a world like the one they'd known only different, hopefully for the better.

Fermio

[4]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 1
    I loved the ending, the final scene might have been explained a little bit, but nonetheless, it was superb. I think every character was really deep and Darcia killing them all was really sad, it almost made me cry and that's really something (I've only cried with The Big Fish's ending).

yuki_megami

[5]Jan 7, 2006
    • level: 24
    I really like the ending.Altough,it was sad when they all die.

Katarinna

[6]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 27
    I haven't seen it.. but read about it.. and i cant wait to see it..

Katarinna

[7]Feb 5, 2006
    I just watched the whole show.. save 5 eppies that the stupid dvd's wouldn't play anymore.. but i cryed at the end.. but just for Toboe.. and i dont knwo why.. *sniff* other then that i loved it.. but the last part.. left me hanging.. like Did they find each other again?.. did they remeber what happened?.. Did Kiba find Cheza?.. those where the questions running im my mind when it was over..

yuki_megami

[8]Feb 8, 2006
    Katarinna wrote:
    I just watched the whole show.. save 5 eppies that the stupid dvd's wouldn't play anymore.. but i cryed at the end.. but just for Toboe.. and i dont knwo why.. *sniff* other then that i loved it.. but the last part.. left me hanging.. like Did they find each other again?.. did they remeber what happened?.. Did Kiba find Cheza?.. those where the questions running im my mind when it was over..

Maybe they did meet each other again.I am not sure.I think that was an cliffhanger,that the creator left.Yeah it was sad that Toboe to die first.

animewolf

[9]Feb 9, 2006
    • level: 8
    I only started to cry then, after that I couldn't stop crying......but what my friends and I fight about whether or not Kiba really dies? anyone have an opinion on that? cause he's the one who rests the world and all so I'm not completely sure if he does die.
    Another thing, don't you think that Kiba looked like he was still looking for paradise at the end...but cheza bloomed so she can't really help Kiba find paradise...and I think everyone was turned into humans at the end weren't they?

FlashSilverwing

[10]Feb 10, 2006
    That's another thing that can be argued fairly with. There are lots of different theories out there.

1. Reincarnation (coming to life in a different form after death). All the wolves were said to be reincarnated. However, I find it too coincidental that they will all return to their exact same form, also seeing that probobly the time at the end was maybe thousands of years later from when Paradise was opened.

2. Kiba didn't die and the world was just similar right away to the previous world. Technically, there isn't 100% evidence that Kiba died. He was alive and his eyes sort of lit when he fell through the ice and saw the moon change, but odds are he died since after the moon, it faded out, kind of like Kiba fading into darkness.

I don't really have much of an opinion on how it ends. As said before, there is a chance that there isn't any real ending, and just leave it up to the fans to link everything.

For the second one, Cheza said that they will meet again in the next world. Maybe it's nearing the end of the world again, and Kiba is searching for Cheza or Paradise again since he was destined to be the wolf that will open Paradise. Meh, I'm confusing myself now.
    Edited on 02/10/2006 5:26pm

hybritical

[11]Feb 26, 2006
    • level: 4
    I like the ending alot....This actually is one of my favorite animes. I think it all made perfect sense and had sort of a message to go along with it. I also cried when I saw the ending, the whole thing just moved me. I seen the last episode first and wasn't really paying attention to it so nothing was spoiled for me. I think the ending is sad because the way I see the movie is this: They DID open paradise and they all got to it. BUT, Darcia's eye polluted it making kind of a modern day today. Which is where I see the whole message behind the show. The world is paradise but it has be corrupted. I think this show was great and I'm sad that I'll probably never be seeing it again.

yuki_megami

[12]Feb 26, 2006
    An nice ending.I wished that they made an seqaul of this

hybritical

[13]Feb 28, 2006
    I do too kind of...but not really..it's a work of art...leave it be...Making a new season could mess up all Wolf's Rain is...

Ouestion13

[14]Mar 30, 2006
    Wikipedia says there were 4 more episodes released on DVD in japan.

FlashSilverwing

[15]Mar 31, 2006
    Yes, the 4 episodes released are the OAVs. They were set up to finish the series and are pretty old news on this board. The episodes are Where The Soul Goes, Gunshot Of Remorse, High Tide High Time, and Wolf's Rain.
    Edited on 03/31/2006 1:07pm

lone_knight1

[16]Jul 6, 2006
    In the end you see them all alive BUT you see the demond darcia's eye that taints that 1 flower which lead to the kinda trash the world is in now instead of still being in paradice. BUT AT THE LAST SECOND KIBA STARTS RUNNING WHICH POINTS OUT HE HEARD THE VOICE AGAIN THE CALL TO PARADICE which starts it all over again.  also you see a lunar flower down a dark ally which is Cheza reborn and will turn into cheza.

lone_knight1

[17]Jul 6, 2006
    *edit* The lunar flower was cheza calling out to kiba

talonmalon333

[18]Mar 4, 2007
    I think that paradise was opened at the end, but Darcia's eye soiled it and it became the world like before. So history basically repeats itself, except this time it's the whole world repeating itself. Everything is the same as before, so the four main characters are the exact same as before, and their wolves. I think the story repeats itself repeatedly, until they hopefully manage to open paradise and keep it that way.

DemonSlayerZea

[19]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 20
    I don't really have much to add, but I really liked the ending. I think that one thing hat the ending shows is that maybe, paradise doesn't exist in life. After all, Darcia says that the world can't be perfect for long because there will always be evil lurking in it, or something like that.
    Edited on 03/07/2007 4:51pm

Catbuddy

[20]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 6
    I really liked the ending, as depressing as it is. I think it was a great idea to not tie everything up. It's really left to our imaginations and that's the best way to go. At least, that's my opinion. I  also agree that more episodes would mess with the overall effect of the series.