Wolf's Rain

Cartoon Network (ended 2004)

Loralee_jk

Wolf's Rain Fan Reviews (59)

• An apocalyptic tale of creating a new world. According to the writer this is the best produced, well-written anime-series of all time.

In a distant future the world is a wasteland and almost totally inhabited, with exception for large dome-shaped cities. There is a legend about Paradise, and the legend tells that the believed to be extinct-wolfs are the one to find Paradise. We follow a small pack of wolfs, (most often) led by Kiba, in their search for this lost world. But the road is long and the price is high for this paradise. The story-telling and the animating of this series is one of the greatest I've come across in the anime-genre. With exception for some anime-movies I would say that this is the ultimate anime-piece. It is dramatic, exciting, personal and beautiful. The characters are well-written as well as well-drawned. The underlying statement in the series seems to be that we have inherited the earth and thereby should take care of it, before it's too late. An over-used theme, I agree, but it gives a new point of view in this series.

The one and only thing I have to complain about is the 3-4 episode re-cap in the middle of the series, couldn't that have been reduced to 1 episode perhaps?

Otherwise a great, epic series that suites both anime-fans as newbies. Enjoy!