Wolverine and the X-Men Forums

Nicktoons Networks (ended 2009)

episode 26

The_Volcano

[1]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 9
    ok i have a question. at the end of episode 26 we see Cyclops at the end only different. is it scott or what? i am confused.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

euthanasia

[2]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 5
    The cyclops in that alternate future, Is the cyclops of Age of Apocalyspe. Where he was raised by Mr. Sinister so we'll have to see how they work it into the storyline.

G3ckOz

[3]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 13

euthanasia wrote:
    The cyclops in that alternate future, Is the cyclops of Age of Apocalyspe. Where he was raised by Mr. Sinister so we'll have to see how they work it into the storyline.

that's Cyclops? so he's the one that was born from that dna sample Sinister took from Scott in the "present" and now that the sentinels have been destroyed, is it in an alternate reality or in Xavier's future. ?!

The_Dude14

[4]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 7

You're confusing the comics and the series,now. In the comics, the age of apocalypse is an alternate reality story where Scott (and his brother) is raised by sinister and is playing for the wrong team. In this reality, Scott blasts Logan's hand off, but loses an eye in the process. He turns good by the end, though,helping Jean.

In the episode, Scott's look (as everyone's) is reflective of this story. How he comes to join Apacalypse is unknown,right now. Because of their actions in the past, the future has changed from Sentinels to an Age of Apacalypse, somehow. In this future, Scott lives (unusual for X-Men alternate realities) and is on the bad guys' side.

What Sinister does with Cyclops DNA is, as yet, unknown. In the comics, the combination of Scott and Jean's DNA's is supposed to create a mutant capable of defeating Apacalypse. I work under the assumption that is what Sinister is holding on to in the TV series.

My guess is that, in season 2, Jean and Logan hook up, driving Scott to the dark side and bringing him back to the good guys will be one of the arcs of the season.

G3ckOz

[5]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    The_Dude14 wrote:

You're confusing the comics and the series,now. In the comics, the age of apocalypse is an alternate reality story where Scott (and his brother) is raised by sinister and is playing for the wrong team. In this reality, Scott blasts Logan's hand off, but loses an eye in the process. He turns good by the end, though,helping Jean.

Sorry but in my country comics are practically inexistent. Just needed and explanation and you gave it to me.

chang_1910

[6]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 4
    hey... the x-men have too many alternative universe... but:
    in one like already mention here, alex and scott were raise by apocalypse. And it was created no as the future, but as a "future" that created a complete different universe to which wolverine make reference. And is point out in the original cartoon at some point.

Apocalypse create STRYFE with cable`s dna (son of grey and scott in the present) and as stated above STRYFE fight apocalypse and create quite a mess, including being guilty of the legacy virus. At the end he is "killed" by cable.

Now with the DNA of jean and scott on this show.... maybe they would do that.. and that "cyclops" is him. The problem is that he look REALLY different as stryfe or maybe he is cable, given a really weird twist... or cyclops, even a bigger one

BTW: if you guys have teh time, and want to know more details about cyclops in the comicscyclops (I have read them and many others x-men stuff, and most of the time that site is really accurate) It also have details of every mutant on the comics (so far have no run into one that is not there that ahd an imp. role)

tweenboy

[7]Jan 3, 2010
    • level: 9
    G3ckOz wrote:
    The_Dude14 wrote:

Sorry but in my country comics are practically inexistent. Just needed and explanation and you gave it to me.

Well,first of all,that wasnt scott,that was X-Man(i think thats his name)Sinster in shades of grey,took Scott and Jean Grey`s DNA to creat and evil offspring of the two.......The Perfect Mutant.

The_Dude14

[8]Jan 4, 2010
    tweenboy wrote:
    G3ckOz wrote:
    The_Dude14 wrote:

Well,first of all,that wasnt scott,that was X-Man(i think thats his name)Sinster in shades of grey,took Scott and Jean Grey`s DNA to creat and evil offspring of the two.......The Perfect Mutant.
    X-Man, or Nate Grey, is the AOA equivilant of Cable. His powers are nearly identical to Cable, with high telepathy and telekenisis, unrestricted by the technoorganic virus that plagues Cable's existence (the majority of his power is used to keep the virus at bay). Nate Grey has a tell-tale streak of white in his hair and has never worn Cyclops's visor.

Its AOA Cyclops, indicating that in the next season, Cyclops will turn evil for a while.

Its AOA Cyclops. When you look even closer, you can see scars from where, in the AOA timeline, Cyclops loses and eye to Wolverine blowing off Wolverine's hand.

AOA Cyclops:

Nate Grey:

Edited on 01/04/2010 8:43pm

brandonmiller63

[9]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 3

I think it was probably a clone using a modified version of Cyclop's DNA that Sinister took. You have to remember this is 20 or so years in the future but this guy looks younger than Cyclops would look after 20 years. Even future Logan looked older and he doesn't age as fast as everyone else.

One thing to remember is this is it's own adaption of Xmen, so all the comics and other TV series don't matter. In this show Polaris is the daughter of Magneto, but (if I remeber right) in the comics she was one of the early Xmen and a love interest of Iceman. They could call the Cyclops like character any thing they want. He may have the name Xman or Nate Grey, but that doesn't mean he is the son of Scott and Jean just because he was in the comics. They may even use the whole story line of him blowing off Logan's hand and getting his eye put out like the AoA Cyclops, but that doesn't mean he is the AoA Cyclops.

We will have to wait for Season 2 to come out; although, at this rate, it may be another 5 years before that happens.

The_Dude14

[10]Jan 11, 2010

You're right. The show has its own continuity and will choose to implement it however they see fit. Its an especially good point that he certainly doesn't seem to have aged much. I hadn't really considered that.

I was merely pointing out the inspiration is AOA Cyclops, as the inspiration for the upcoming arc is AOA inspired, just as Season One was influenced by several famous X-Men stories.

Personally, an arc where Cyclops goes dark and turns against the X-Men and part of the story is bringing him back to the side of good appeals to me.