Wolverine and the X-Men Forums

Nicktoons Networks (ended 2009)

In season 2..... (contains spoilers)

channo1

[1]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 4

do you thik they will brig bac emma or is she dead for gd??

not tht i mind as i prefere jean (who am so happy is back lol) but i did stat to like emma lol so would be nice to see her bac wth the xmen lol

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

channo1

[2]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 4

sorry for the missing letters lol

lhgifts98

[3]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 6

how did she die?(i don't mind spoilers]

LostrisTifereth

[4]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 7

Hit the tag for spoilers.

***SPOILER***

Orpheus2017

[5]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 3
    Emma's dead, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

filmstu2005

[6]Apr 19, 2009

I think they'll bring her back, or at least I hope. I really enjoyed her characters transition from Season 1 to 2, and how she fell for Cyclops, like in the comics. And her sacrifice. I didn't think she was the one who started the whole debacle with the explosion and Prof X being in the future (which is yet to be explained HOW). She started everything! And yet helped contain the phoenix at her own expense. I wish we would've known y the hellfire gang wanted to destroy sentinels and genosha, but oh well. Children's cartoon.

I like how the show builds on mythology and didnt start from origin. I was pretty impressed at how they created a story for themselves. And although I literally hated X-Men 3 The Last Stand with a passion, i enjoyed how the story was similar to the movie but the way the phoenix was handled in the cartoon was LOADS better than the movie. Thats the way it was supposed to be done. Senitels, Jean Grey, Magneto, and the Phoenix being destroyed with Emma Frost help. Ironically, Emma Frost was actually in the original script for X-Men 3. Hmm. Look how it worked out without her.

loganrogue24

[7]Apr 22, 2009
    i hope Emma returns i hope they explore the relationship with Logan Rogue more, there seems to be a possible romance there maybe which is cool, and Colossus needs to come back to.

stalemate666

[8]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 11
    filmstu2005 wrote:

I think they'll bring her back, or at least I hope. I really enjoyed her characters transition from Season 1 to 2, and how she fell for Cyclops, like in the comics. And her sacrifice. I didn't think she was the one who started the whole debacle with the explosion and Prof X being in the future (which is yet to be explained HOW). She started everything! And yet helped contain the phoenix at her own expense. I wish we would've known y the hellfire gang wanted to destroy sentinels and genosha, but oh well. Children's cartoon.

I like how the show builds on mythology and didnt start from origin. I was pretty impressed at how they created a story for themselves. And although I literally hated X-Men 3 The Last Stand with a passion, i enjoyed how the story was similar to the movie but the way the phoenix was handled in the cartoon was LOADS better than the movie. Thats the way it was supposed to be done. Senitels, Jean Grey, Magneto, and the Phoenix being destroyed with Emma Frost help. Ironically, Emma Frost was actually in the original script for X-Men 3. Hmm. Look how it worked out without her.

what do you mean how the prof is in the future?, he was just in a coma for 20 years, they have a the body at the institute, he lied through it, he was just not conscious, but he's using his powers to contact the past, he seems to need his body as some sort of relay though

An00bIS22

[9]May 4, 2009
    • level: 8
    Yeah i wish they bring back Emma!

dbot123

[10]May 6, 2009
    • level: 1
    I hope emma come back to. Does anyone know when Season 2 coming out?

tv_worm

[11]May 10, 2009
    • level: 12
    I actually do not believe that emma frost is dead. It is in the nature of the phoenix force to rise from the ashes and therefore if Emma did infact absorb the phoenix force she should return in season 2 even if her body got shattered. One thing x-men mythology tells us is that telepaths never seem to die, they just move their mind from one body to another.

CASHMERESWEATER

[12]May 10, 2009
    • level: 3
    Emma stated in Episode 4 that in her Diamond form she CANNOT use her Telepathy. If I remeber correctly she is ressurected by the Phoneix out of forgiveness because she genuinely loved Scott. I hope that she does come back because she always has been a deceptive character. I am really glad she got to be in this season.

prowly

[13]May 12, 2009
    Well, she got shattered in the comics, and Jean put her back together, so maybe it'll be like that in the cartoon as well. If Jean's not meant to possess any trace of the Phoenix entity, then maybe Jean + Wanda can pull it off. Or Jean + Wanda + Xavier + Hank + Forge will figure something out. In any case, if a character stays dead, then he/she was not a real X-man. That's just how the Xavier Crew rolls.

An00bIS22

[14]May 17, 2009
    I agree, being dead in the x-men universe is more of a setback than the actual thing...

oldsage

[15]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 9

It would be pretty courageous for them to keep Emma dead. I am a little more curious as to what they're going to do with Scott and Jean. The whole premise of the show was that Wolverine was chosen to lead by the Professor because Scott was too messed up after losing Jean. Now that she's back, will everything be back to normal or will he be wracked by guilt over Emma's death, which would subsequently interfere with his relationship with Jean.

Another interesting twist is the fact that the new "Age of Apocalypse" future has Scott firmly allied with big ol' blue (as he was in the AoA comics) missing an eye that, in the comics, he lost to Wolverine in a fight about Jean. In fact, in the AoA comics, Jean and Wolverine are a couple, and I believe that's going to be a major story arc in Season 2.

An00bIS22

[16]Jun 7, 2009
    God i hope Wolverine/Jean happens becouse im just to sick of Scott/Jean.

virginia17

[17]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 25

I haven't seen any of the Wolverine and the X-men episodes, but I hear my favorite character Storm, like in the X-men Evolution series, has a very minor role in it so far, except in the episode Overflow (the only episode I've seen).

So, I'm hoping they're gonna give her a better role in the next season. And maybe have her get in a romantic relationship with someone (Logan, would be nice ). Oh, yeah, and bring Emma back too.

WolvFrost

[18]Jun 11, 2009
    • level: 2

yeah they will!!!!!!!! Cuz there isn't any hero that dies (specially in X-MEN!) that's how they ROLL!!!!!! She Will Be Back!

AND I WANT WOLVERINE TO BE WITH EMMA IN SEASON 02 (of course if any miracles happen!! please u fukin writers! out them 2gether!)

and those of you Girls n Bubs who think Emma is not cool...you guys are really jealous and pissed off by her styles (includin bubs, but specially girls!!!!!) Cuz SHE IS A HOTTY AND AWESOME!!!!!!! And girls hate other girls who are more stylish/sexy than them cuz the hot one's get in the ugly one's nerevs!!! that's the rules!

EMMA FROST IS THE BEST!!!!! SHE IS BOSSY AND SO IS WOLVERINE! SO THEY REALLY MATCH!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THEM

virginia17

[19]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 25

WolvFrost wrote:
    yeah they will!!!!!!!! Cuz there isn't any hero that dies (specially in X-MEN!) that's how they ROLL!!!!!! She Will Be Back!

You mean that heroes don't die in the X-men animated series, right?

Because they certainly die in the X-men movies.

The_Dude14

[20]Jun 15, 2009
    virginia17 wrote:

WolvFrost wrote:

You mean that heroes don't die in the X-men animated series, right?

Because they certainly die in the X-men movies.

And are forgotten 2 minutes later, no less.

As stated earlier, Emma's Diamond form has been shattered before and that was only a temporary setback. And as also stated, death itself is only a minor setback for the X-Men. Its harder to stay dead than anything in the X-verse. Who hasn't died a couple of times?

Somebody'll glue Frosty back together. I'm thinking Sinister. She dealt with the Phoenix force, something he'd probably like to study. Plus he can turn her evil and totally mess with Scott, which is always a fun bonus. Hopefully, a Sinister resurrection would bring her more in line with her comic personality. She was a little too good for my taste, which was disappointing given the build-up to her reveal, which I thought was excellent. She ended up lacking the edge which makes her so interesting.

Getting back to the resurrection, seeing as how its Wolverine and the X-Men, seems likely that Jean'll end up with Logan and we get to see where that takes Scott (which the finale leads you to think is right to Apocalypse and his bad-ass AoA look, one-eye, flowing mane and all). Assuming he ends up on the side of good before its all said and done, he gets Emma as a consolation prize to appease us Cyclops fans and fans of their relationship... which is looking pretty doomed in the comics. Too much can be done with a Wolverine-Jean-Scott-Emma love quadrangle for the writers to resist and leave her permanently dead.

To be fair, though, I have loved the characterization of Scott in Wolverine and the X-Men. He hasn't been nearly as mistreated as he was in the movies and as I expected him to.